British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

That's how we eat our desserts (or puddings if you prefer). :wink:

:D

Does Perry Barr have a wItherspoons? :rofl:

:lol:

Yes, I seem to have got my popular pubs mixed up a popular actress. Although I did read in last month’s empire magazine that Reese was looking forward to the play offs “and hoped Wolverhampton and Poole would make the final, with Poole now signing Greg Hancock and Ricky Wells being at Wolves it would be great to see to Americans in the English play off final” she is reported to have said.

The quote is on page 46 just after the article headlined “Terry Russell to play the next Bond villain”.

• Like 2

Neither Brum or Wolves will have a sniff of a chance against Swindon, who will win both legs.

We're a Swindon fan again are we? :o

• Like 2

We're a Swindon fan again are we? :o

Once the 4th placed team are knocked out it will be all Swindon and then a disappearance for a few months like usual when Poole flop. ;)

Sorry it's done and dusted after the first leg of the play-offs. Brummies and Swindon to easily make the final. Well done to Wolves and Poole for making it but just a step to far. Think Brummies will win by 10 and Swindon to win by 2 at Poole with Killer back.

The Brummies seem to have a tendency to make heavy weather of situations that favour a decent home win, therefore Brummies by 4 on the night, 6 on aggregate.

Wolves losing at home is likely to make those fans intending to travel before the result quite possibly not bother now.... i wouldn't count on a huge swelling of Wolves fans making the trip...

Just when a team needs its supporters...disgraceful if that indeed happens. As has been said "you only sing when you're winning" eh?

...Witherspoon's are to change the name of their pub in the one stop shopping centre from the Arthur Robertson to the Arthur Browning as a nod to Birmingham success...For all the true Birmingham fans that stayed loyal from the 80’s (unlike me) and for the new generation of fans from 2007 I really hope the team makes it happen for you.

As a fan of the earlier years, you may be interested to know that special guest for Monday night will be a member of the team that swept all before it in the "Div 2 / NNL" all conquering team - Ricky Day!

Does Perry Barr have a wItherspoons? :rofl:

I suspect you know the answer to that question - decked out with claret and blue balloons yesterday (were Villa at home by any chance) - will have to see if they can do the same with red and yellow balloons on Monday,

Can't speak for the Wolves but Brum have twatted Swindon home and away this season and are capable of putting in that kind of performance again, If Swindon were that good they would have finished top.

Just when a team needs its supporters...disgraceful if that indeed happens. As has been said "you only sing when you're winning" eh?

Hardly can be aimed at just Wolves fans as in general the vast majority get behind the team winning or losing.

Now just remind me which promotion is it that is asking for fans to turn out because of lacking numbers?? :P

Watch that glass house now wont you eh!

Can't speak for the Wolves but Brum have twatted Swindon home and away this season and are capable of putting in that kind of performance again, If Swindon were that good they would have finished top.

If the Swindon team had not had the problems that have been discussed before and now sorted out they would have finished top. No way would they have been beaten by BV or Peterborough at home.
  • Like 1

yes, twated at home with 3 riders missing.... good call..... by 2 points i think. :rolleyes:

If the Swindon team had not had the problems that have been discussed before and now sorted out they would have finished top. No way would they have been beaten by BV or Peterborough at home.

Im sure IFS will be discussed at the next BSPA conference, and will decide to include them in the scoring system, BUTS may also be included if a team is 10 points or more behind the league leaders...

just might be that Brum has scored more Ifs and buts than Swindon?......

The BSPA may also consider making a Tardis available for the club who has most ifs and buts so they can go back in time and change everything and finish top of the league! :P:D

yes, twated at home with 3 riders missing.... good call..... by 2 points i think. :rolleyes:

Did you only have 4 riders in the team ? :rolleyes:

Edited by Nigel

I suspect you know the answer to that question - decked out with claret and blue balloons yesterday (were Villa at home by any chance) - will have to see if they can do the same with red and yellow balloons on Monday,

Thats a wooosh then.

I have always maintained the brummies will win the play offs, they deserve it, Harris is in form and i cant see anyone stopping them.

Whilst not dismissing Birminghams play-off chances, a little too much is being read into Mondays result. The reality is, with Woffinden riding, or Iversen on his normal bikes, they would have scored a minimum of 13. Thats 8 more than Iversen got... take away 2 from Wells and 1 from Adam and its a 5pt swing.. 49-41. They would still have a good chance of winning in the 2nd leg but folk wouldn't be talking about how dominant they are.

I think it will be pretty close if it was Swindon/Birmingham but I'd just give Swindon the edge.