British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

I can assure you the centre green announcer at Perry Barr does not commentate during the race.

btw when the heats came on the big screen from Poole the commentary started before the race which was a little annoying.

It was quite a big distortion between the sound and picture, at least 2/3 seconds.

It was quite a big distortion between the sound and picture, at least 2/3 seconds.

But a darned sight better than the picture/sound sync at Monmore....................

• Like 2

Quote from Tai on the Wolves Site

" Woffinden has also revealed how he found it hard to watch Wolverhampton, without his services, miss out to Birmingham in the Elite League play-offs on Monday.

“It was hard for me to watch that, but that’s speedway and I still think we’ve had a reasonable season at Wolves,” he said.

“Full credit to Birmingham, they’re a really strong side and I say congratulations to them on reaching the final. I believe it has all the makings of a great final with Poole.

“And when you look down the scorers, even if I had raced in both legs of the semi-final it probably won’t have made any difference to the outcome.”

Fair play to Tai for those comments, really will be rooting for him in Torun on Saturday. :t:

• Like 2

But a darned sight better than the picture/sound sync at Monmore....................

At least you had sound, all we got were the pictures on the small large screen at Poole!!

Fair play to Tai for those comments, really will be rooting for him in Torun on Saturday. :t:

Likewise. Me too! :t:

Likewise. Me too! :t:

And me, will be getting a large amount of cans in (maybe Tenents Super, maybe not), to hopefully be celebrating a win for the lad.

Just hope that if/when he wins it, the national media give the kid the coverage he'll deserve.

Understood that bit Bwitcher but the info on post 294 was suggesting the website is strong enough coding not be a problem with increased traffic. But that's the argument from what I can understand...

The truth will come out eventually but whether it will be broadcast is a different story! Bazzzycat seems to know more than they let on but also contradict themselves?

Unless I read it wrong?

If it was ultimately revealed that there were less than 50 hits on the Birmingham website on the night in question how would this make AP Media look.

Over two legs, the Birmingham v Wolverhampton match could well have gone either way had both teams been at full strength, and Wolves certainly missed the scoring power of Tai Woffinden and will feel that both of their guests failed to come up to expectations.

It is fair comment to say that losing the services of Wuffy was a bodyblow for the Wolves but we do need to remember that he did ride on the occasion of their previous visit to Perry Barr - when they lost by a heavier score. I'm not trying to make an issue of that, I'm just surprised that no one else picked up on that during the earlier exchanges on the subject.

Most Wolverhampton supporters I have spoken to have been gracious in defeat and have wished the Brummies well in the final. I think these good wishes have been genuine and I admire this kind of sportsmanship.

• Like 3

Over two legs, the Birmingham v Wolverhampton match could well have gone either way had both teams been at full strength, and Wolves certainly missed the scoring power of Tai Woffinden and will feel that both of their guests failed to come up to expectations.

It is fair comment to say that losing the services of Wuffy was a bodyblow for the Wolves but we do need to remember that he did ride on the occasion of their previous visit to Perry Barr - when they lost by a heavier score. I'm not trying to make an issue of that, I'm just surprised that no one else picked up on that during the earlier exchanges on the subject.

Most Wolverhampton supporters I have spoken to have been gracious in defeat and have wished the Brummies well in the final. I think these good wishes have been genuine and I admire this kind of sportsmanship.

It was picked up on Brian, this is why I mentioned that the rest of the Wolves team did their jobs as despite being without Tai and his scoring power, they lost by less than they did previously. It further backs up the point of how much Wolves missed him.

It also backs up my point that the Brummies now need to step up another gear or two for the final as despite some superlatives being thrown at them, they weren't that impressive against Wolves and will need to dominate the middle/lower orders far more. They can't rely on Darcy Ward scoring 7pts over 2 legs!

Good luck to them and lets hope its a cracking final with good weather and big crowds.

I want the Brummies to win (although it comes under the banner of anyone but Poole :D )

• Like 2