British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

Whilst not dismissing Birminghams play-off chances, a little too much is being read into Mondays result. The reality is, with Woffinden riding, or Iversen on his normal bikes, they would have scored a minimum of 13. Thats 8 more than Iversen got... take away 2 from Wells and 1 from Adam and its a 5pt swing.. 49-41. They would still have a good chance of winning in the 2nd leg but folk wouldn't be talking about how dominant they are.

I think it will be pretty close if it was Swindon/Birmingham but I'd just give Swindon the edge.

And if Danny king had stayed on his bike.... But if Proctor was there... But if Auty was there... We could go on for a while ;)

Dudley did well last night. At least the track prep suited them :P

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

Thats a wooosh then.

Is it? :blink:

Or is it that once my lunch half hour at work is over I get on and work for a living...??? :t:

Any idea on the guest?

I would recommend Kenneth Bjerre, He should have been the guest last monday and Wolves might have had a chance of making the play-off's!

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

I would recommend Kenneth Bjerre,

cilla1.jpg

• Like 4

Any idea on the guest?

I would recommenced Kenneth Bjerre, He should have been the guest last monday and Wolves might have had a chance of making the play-off's!

recommenced :rofl: , do not agree with your onion. Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 3

Any idea on the guest?

I would recommend Kenneth Bjerre, He should have been the guest last monday and Wolves might have had a chance of making the play-off's!

10 out of 10 for persistence. I would recommend a frontal lobotomy.

• Like 4

And if Danny King had stayed on his bike.... But if Proctor was there... But if Auty was there... We could go on for a while ;)

If Covatti and Smoli had not had engine trouble ... if there had not been three wrongheaded refereeing decisions ... the FACT is, that the best team on the day won.

• Like 1

And if Danny king had stayed on his bike.... But if Proctor was there... But if Auty was there... We could go on for a while ;)

I agree, not making excuses just pointing out the Brummies will need to up there game to another level come the final.

10 out of 10 for persistence. I would recommend a frontal lobotomy.

I would rather have a bottle infrontofme :party:

• Like 1

Is it? :blink:

Or is it that once my lunch half hour at work is over I get on and work for a living...??? :t:

It is if you believe Perry Barr has a wItherspoons.

Funny you always seem to find just as much time to post regular. Maybe i`m busy when you are posting :t:

If the Swindon team had not had the problems that have been discussed before and now sorted out they would have finished top. No way would they have been beaten by BV or Peterborough at home.

Looked a pretty full strength team at Perry Barr to me, we've had a few duff meetings and injuries too so that logic doesn't stand up for me.

In any case, woulden't be the first time this season we've defied common opinion.

Whilst not dismissing Birminghams play-off chances, a little too much is being read into Mondays result. The reality is, with Woffinden riding, or Iversen on his normal bikes, they would have scored a minimum of 13. Thats 8 more than Iversen got... take away 2 from Wells and 1 from Adam and its a 5pt swing.. 49-41. They would still have a good chance of winning in the 2nd leg but folk wouldn't be talking about how dominant they are.

Even if Woofy rode, I think Brum would have done enough over 2 legs, though Wolves would have won the 1st leg.

Dudley did well last night. At least the track prep suited them :P

If the track prep at Monmore didn't suit Wolves, why are the Wolves management/riders not demanding the track curator prepares it how they want, isn't that the perogative of a home side ?.

Even if Woofy rode, I think Brum would have done enough over 2 legs, though Wolves would have won the 1st leg.

Agreed. Brum looked the likely victors over 2 legs with Woffy riding.

Looked a pretty full strength team at Perry Barr to me, we've had a few duff meetings and injuries too so that logic doesn't stand up for me.

In any case, woulden't be the first time this season we've defied common opinion.

My post referred to the meeting at home ie Swindon not Perry Barr, and we did not have a full strength team at Perry Barr on our last visit, but the first meeting there resulted in a Swindon win. Edited by A ORLOV

BWitcher makes a very good point about Woffy's absence. I said as much before the match on Monday, and as it unfolded. Another factor was the inclusion of a certain Mr Andrew Tully in the Birmingham team, who on that performance has probably been our best guest this season. Any bike problems for both Nico and Smoli were cancelled out by Proctor's absence IMO. However, Miskowiak in particular, and to an extent Klindt were shocking for the Wolves. The amount of points dropped by both of those riders in the end could prove fatal. That said however, it's only half time, advantage Birmingham. We've got to stay focused and finish the job at Perry Barr on Monday. Supporters of both clubs, get down to Perry Barr on Monday to cheer your team on. I reckon it'll be another cracker of a match. :)

Edited by Leicester Hunter