British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Wolverhampton Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg 30/09

It is if you believe Perry Barr has a wItherspoons.

Funny you always seem to find just as much time to post regular. Maybe i`m busy when you are posting :t:

sleepyhead_zzz_sleeping_sticker-p217605557908976893qjcl_400.jpg

BWitcher makes a very good point about Woffy's absence. I said as much before the match on Monday, and as it unfolded. Another factor was the inclusion of a certain Mr Andrew Tully in the Birmingham team, who on that performance has probably been our best guest this season. Any bike problems for both Nico and Smoli were cancelled out by Proctor's absence IMO. However, Miskowiak in particular, and to an extent Klindt were shocking for the Wolves. The amount of points dropped by both of those riders in the end could prove fatal. That said however, it's only half time, advantage Birmingham. We've got to stay focused and finish the job at Perry Barr on Monday. Supporters of both clubs, get down to Perry Barr on Monday to cheer your team on. I reckon it'll be another cracker of a match. :)

Vital maybe but fatal?? :wink:

If the track prep at Monmore didn't suit Wolves, why are the Wolves management/riders not demanding the track curator prepares it how they want, isn't that the perogative of a home side ?.

That's exactly the point. Although I'll leave the technicalities to those with more knowledge of these things than me it is noticeable that since Dudley started racing their home matches at Monmore on tuesdays the racing surface for Wolves on the day before seems to be prepared with a nod to the fact that it'll be needed again 24 hours later. Absolutely not the main reason for the defeat, just another example of the home promotion not doing everything to give their riders every possible chance to beat, let's face it, a superior team. :cry:

The problem with the Brummies is everyone thinks they are beatable because they don't have enough top end power but it's about the team and their team is stronger overall. Reserves win meetings and Covatti is dynamite at Perry Barr.

Even if Woofy rode, I think Brum would have done enough over 2 legs, though Wolves would have won the 1st leg.

If the track prep at Monmore didn't suit Wolves, why are the Wolves management/riders not demanding the track curator prepares it how they want, isn't that the perogative of a home side ?.

Not disputing the first part, you may well have done, but as you say would have been more interesting though.

As for your second point, that is the point many Wolves fans have made on a number of occasions.

Affirmative! For their chances of further progression to the final, anyway. :wink: Edited by Leicester Hunter

Agree, vital against Birmingham... if it was Cradley it would have been fatal, as that was life or death :)

• Like 1

That's exactly the point. Although I'll leave the technicalities to those with more knowledge of these things than me it is noticeable that since Dudley started racing their home matches at Monmore on tuesdays the racing surface for Wolves on the day before seems to be prepared with a nod to the fact that it'll be needed again 24 hours later. Absolutely not the main reason for the defeat, just another example of the home promotion not doing everything to give their riders every possible chance to beat, let's face it, a superior team. :cry:

Hallelujah! Been saying this since the tenants moved in!

Teams now confirmed

1. Martin Smolinski

2. Jason Doyle

3. Danny King

4. Ben Barker

5. Chris Harris

6. Nicolas Covatti

7. Josh Auty

1. N K Iverson

2. Robert Miskowiak

3. Freddie Lindgren

4. Adam Skornicki

5. Ricky Wells

6. Ludvig Lindgren

7. Nicolai Klindt

Edited by Brummies_Ste
  • Like 1

Even if we assume Scornicki takes the place of one of the Miskowiak brothers, shoulden't he be at 5 instead of Wells ?.

That said, if it's intentional rather than a typo, it might have some logic, Wells would stand a slight better chance against Harris and the reserve than the Barker/King combo which takes on and can beat all comers at PB, I do wonder if Adams has put Lindgren and Scornicki at 3/4 to try and limit the damage there.

Edited by david2905

Teams now confirmed

1. Martin Smolinski

2. Jason Doyle

3. Danny King

4. Ben Barker

5. Chris Harris

6. Nicolas Covatti

7. Josh Auty

1. N K Iverson

2. Robert Miskowiak

3. Freddie Lindgren

4. Robert Miskowiak

5. Ricky Wells

6. Ludvig Lindgren

7. Nicolai Klindt

Did you write Robert Miskowiak's name in all by yourself or have you pirated'n'pasted someone else's mistakes again? :blink: