British Speedway Forum
manchesterpaul

Which Rider Is Involved In The Most Falls And Why?

Come on ..Tommy "Two Laps" Allen ...close the topic

So far as Phil 'King of Crash' Bishop was concerned, he started riding in 1928 and was still active in Europe (and falling off - in the main overslides I think because of his legtrail style) into the mid-1960s. Few riders have been active for some 35 years as he was. And he was a wonderful guy as well. :approve:

And tragically of course Bishop lost his life in a different sort of crash - not on the track but on the road in the Lockern minibus disaster :cry:

It's all about effort

THJ gives 100% every time on track.

I thought you would be debating a more serious thread in General Discussions? :unsure:

Kozza Smith also has his fair share of falls. Certainly seemed to be riding above himself when he first came over here and was good for at least a couple of falls a meeting. But he's settled down into a much better rider now, but still seems to attract his fair share of falls, not always his fault either. The other name to spring to mind is Ryan Fisher

Malc the Wellie Holloway my favourite rider, i supported for the whole of his career he fell off quite alot.( He demolished the flower beds)But again a nice tidy style skilfull he give me some great speedway memories rode in the Conference league in his late forties still good anough to reach a conference final great speedway man god bless him.!

• Like 1

For the most unforced errors not involving other riders it has to be Olly Allen for me. Dropped it three times tonight and all on the same bend!

Malc the Wellie Holloway my favourite rider, i supported for the whole of his career he fell off quite alot.( He demolished the flower beds)But again a nice tidy style skilfull he give me some great speedway memories rode in the Conference league in his late forties still good anough to reach a conference final great speedway man god bless him.!

To be fair, I think he actually managed to stay on when he demolished the flower beds! :)

I've just seen Thomas H Jonasson have a right pearler of a crash. Am i right in thinking that this rider has way more than his fair share of crashes and often quite spectacular ones? I've seen him crash in the same manner more than once in the Swedish Elitserien meetings on Premier Sports as well as on Sky.

Methinks Thomas sealed his crown during the second leg of the Elite League play-off final tonight lol.

Claus Vissing (fell excluded)

I think that riders who throw their legs back have more problems these days because of the laydown engines.

Back in the day we had an Aussie called Robbie Blackadder whose 9 point average was made up of a weekly score of 3,3,Fx,3

There are certain riders that stand out, a mate always used to say to me "if they aint falling off, they aint trying hard enough" I don't buy that theory anymore but there are certain riders that do seem to ride above their ability. I'd include Josh Auty, Kozza Smith, Ryan Fisher, and Barker amongst those, they are downright scary at times.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson