British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

I was slightly disappointed by the attendance as well, but had it been last Thursday as originally planned I'm sure there would have been more people there. Two meetings in the space of 4 days is asking a lot of the paying public and, with all due respect to last night's objective, a meaningful League / Cup match is likely to interest more people if they're forced to make a choice. Plus the forecast wasn't brilliant.

All in all it was just good to see some action and from what I saw of Birks and Auty it should be a cracker on Thursday.

I don't no if the Birks and Auty comments were supposed to be April fools but it's Newcastle on Thursday not Scunny.

Not sure, but as Colin Meredith was present at Mondays meeting. Perhaps he was looking the track/airfence over to see if we can have the British semi-final.

Just a guess

More likely to be Colin was there after fitting the fence and training others how to. Every new fence I have heard about, Colin, and Tony Briggs at Worky, have been there to instal their product.

Not sure, but as Colin Meredith was present at Mondays meeting. Perhaps he was looking the track/airfence over to see if we can have the British semi-final.Just a guess

Colin Meredith was down at Sheffield all day Tuesday and Wednesday of last week, supervising/installing the new air fence, and he called in at Sheffield on Monday on his way back from Belle Vue's P/P day just to check on air fence on a race day.

Edited by victor meldrew

Back on pages 84/85 of this thread posters were on about the security/stewards at Owlerton, well here's another from last night! My younger brother went down to meet my dad arriving just before 9.30. The gates are usually open at this time, but last night they were closed and a steward was on the gate. He asked if he could go in & naively asked if he had to pay or what. The steward asked him how much he usually paid & said he'd get on the radio & ask. My bro looked &told him £11 (as he is a full time student). This goon on the gate then took a tenner off him & let him in.

When he told my dad this he went ballistic took him straight back to the gate & confronted this bloke who quickly returned the tenner. When he said he was going to the office to report it this goon started splathering about the radio and begged him not to.

After the meeting dad went to the speedway office & told them about this. The lady in the office said that the security staff know they are not to take money off anyone & informed Damien Bates about it as he came in during the conversation. He too was livid, stating that the security were causing all kinds of issues & said he would be getting in touch with the stadium owners regarding the antics/behaviour of the stadium security.

Saw one 'jobsworth' security steward having a go at Roynon last night outside the pits. They should really not be giving out these yellow security jackets as it really does go to some peoples heads....

• Like 1

Saw one 'jobsworth' security steward having a go at Roynon last night outside the pits. They should really not be giving out these yellow security jackets as it really does go to some peoples heads....

I heard one of the security guards pushed Adam's Father, then later on Roynon confronted him and the security guard followed him from the pits and waited for him outside of the changing rooms.

They are a complete joke and not needed.

• Like 1

Who's responsible for these prats!

Squaring up to riders, and there dads!!!

Absolutely disgraceful! From the moment those riders enter the stadium (from both teams) till they leave, they are the gods, and to be treated like that by talentless morons is disgusting....the last thing they need after putting their necks on the line is that.

I don't think the gates are opened until the last race, which was at 9.52 last night. I'm certain that Damian will do all that he can to put things right.

I don't think the gates are opened until the last race, which was at 9.52 last night. I'm certain that Damian will do all that he can to put things right.

Whatever time the gates are opened isn't the point here. The security person shouldn't be taking money off anybody to get in and pocketing it! If there is an issue with anyone getting in and watching a couple of heats for free, then they should be told 'Sorry can't let you in, you'll have to wait outside.' I know one or two whose wife or other relative have come down late on to pick them up, while racing is still on and there's never been an issue. This is a case of one brick brain trying to make a dishonest tenner and coming unstuck. As for the other moron pushing Roynons' dad and then fronting up Adam for challenging him over it, well that beggars belief. Find out who these idiots are and sack them, that's the answer, make an example of them to the other yellow tabard wearers and they might all back off!

I also think Damian Bates is a reasonable bloke, who will address the stadium management and get things sorted out. I mean who wants your home track having a reputation like this, away supporters won't want to come here with tales like these being banded about will they?

• Like 3

The first seven meetings Facu add 30 + 4 (bonus) with the jacket nº 2 last year.-

This year Nielsen 19+6,Poole 32+8,Bates 28+2.-

sorry guys, posted on wrong thread..

Edited by jenga

Facu chance to flight to ride, he has license but do not place in the team, he is waiting for a place.- If no have place we working for found differents meeting in europe (Germany,Austria,France,UK)......

What are Facu's plans for this year now?

No idea ... but would like him in the Sheffield line up at some point

Edited by Hel'n'Back

The new management never call, we have the Budget for new engine, tal with tuner but we lost position with new management.-

What are Facu's plans for this year now?

Waiting for ride Argentine championship and talk with different contacts for go to Europe.- The facu's bike stay in berwick.-