British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king

Sheffield 2014

I have not seen anywhere, where, Neil Machin said he is not going to run, simply the club is for sale, I am sure he will keep it running until it is sold.

What is actually for sale though.

He doesn't own Owlerton. All he is selling is the license to a business that is on the back of three poor years. It can't really have any value other than the few bits of track equipment he owns.

He doesn't own Owlerton. All he is selling is the license to a business that is on the back of three poor years. It can't really have any value other than the few bits of track equipment he owns.

A 'going concern', a host of assets(riders registrations), the BSPA bond and partshare of 2013 shared events.

Edited by Tsunami

2011 a bad year?

• Like 1

A 'going concern', a host of assets(riders registrations), the BSPA bond and partshare of 2013 shared events.

Would anyone part with money for "rider assetts"? That whole scenario only exists until someone challenges it. In reality speedway riders are self employed tradesmen able to quote for and accept jobs from who they wish.

Would anyone part with money for "rider assetts"? That whole scenario only exists until someone challenges it. In reality speedway riders are self employed tradesmen able to quote for and accept jobs from who they wish.

Yeah,once its challenged it will collapse unless clubs put Riders on proper contracts like other sports 2,3 or 4 year deals.....

Yeah,once its challenged it will collapse unless clubs put Riders on proper contracts like other sports 2,3 or 4 year deals.....

So what happens if you put all seven riders on a two year deal, they improve their averages, and are then above the points limit?

So what happens if you put all seven riders on a two year deal, they improve their averages, and are then above the points limit?

The point is though without any contract of employment then they are free to ride for whoever they want.

It is like you laying claim to owning your window cleaner and trying to include him in the sale of your house.

A club can employ any rider they want without having to pay loans or transfers because riders are not assetts of anyone

• Like 1

Sheffield had to pay a loan fee for Simon Stead this year. I don't know about any of the others, but definitely for Simon.

Others have been saying that for decades and in 2013 we still await that challenge. The system is not perfect but it is workable and will stay and it stands the test of time.

Others have been saying that for decades and in 2013 we still await that challenge. The system is not perfect but it is workable and will stay and it stands the test of time.

I think while we have BSPA running the sport there will be no change, the change make come if or when an Independent body starts to run the sport.Until then I do see any rider challenging the system, and I think it will be rider that challenges it.

I think while we have BSPA running the sport there will be no change, the change make come if or when an Independent body starts to run the sport.Until then I do see any rider challenging the system, and I think it will be rider that challenges it.

The first challenge to the system actually came 36 years ago. On moving from Exeter to Hull Ivan Mauger was so annoyed at Exeter getting £12K for him after getting him for free (under the old rider control) as did Belle Vue, that he stipulated in his contract that he would get a free transfer if he ever left Hull.

It is a silly system where non contracted and self employed personnel can be deemed assets of a company

Well if we do run next season, we might have to look at this guy.

Stated on the Biker FM Show that Sheffield is his favourite track.

And he is now available.

http://www.speedway3...open-to-offers/

the guy that finished runner up to him is also looking for a new club i am lead to believe.

Stead & Allen would be a very nice start to team building for next season if we are running.

Would love to see Wells added to those two and then some hungry young talent to fill in the gaps, id keep Albin and wishful thinking would be someone like Robert Lambert or Lewis Kerr.