British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

We'll here we go a hugely anticipating final to look forward too and man for man poole riding like they did tonight could open up a decisive 1st leg lead IMO !! COYP

If Brummies can keep the Pirates to around the 6-8 point mark, then I think advantage Brummies.

Agree Brummies need to keep it to single figures to have a chance at Perry Barr should be a good Final come on you Brummies you can do it.

There is no doubt that Poole are favorites to win as any team with Ward & Hancock as their top 2 plus the back up they have are expected to win most meetings but Brum will give it a go for sure.

• Like 2

There is no doubt that Poole are favorites to win as any team with Ward & Hancock as their top 2 plus the back up they have are expected to win most meetings but Brum will give it a go for sure.

What nonsense. :lol:

Birmingham finished top of the league and hammered Poole last time at Perry Bar.

Poole are too strong.

Hancock,Ward,Janowski and Jonasson are 4 polish ekstraliga heat-leaders, How many polish ekstraliga heat-leaders do Birmingham have?

What nonsense. :lol:

Birmingham finished top of the league and hammered Poole last time at Perry Bar.

You do amuse me :)

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

As a Poole fan I congratulate the Brummies & the Pirates on making the P/O finals and hope for 2 very close matches. may the best team win who ever that might be, good luck to both teams

• Like 4

I'll keep it short before this thread gets out of hand

Poole by 18 at home

• Like 1

Whatever happens in this Grand Final, I am so proud that this Brummies side has made it all the way. Before the season I would have bit someones hand off, to be in this position and the managment and riders deserve all the credit.

We made a few finals in our Premier League days but never won a major trophy other than the super 7 events, so would love to go one further and win it. Although In my opinion the momentum is with the Poole Pirates and they start as favourites, having snook in to the Playoffs and coming from a deficit of 10 against a very good Robins side, they are bound to be pretty buoyed..

Having said that, we drew at Poole earlier in the year and we have the riders that go well down there, so its not out of the question. We really need to keep this to within 6-8 pts for the second leg to have a chance.

Hope its two great legs of Speedway and make the best team win.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

i'm sure poole will win the home leg with a bald silk track,

It would be a surprise if Poole didn't have an advantage after the 1st leg, to key for the Brummies will be to keep that down.

undoubtedly it will be difficult to beat Ward & Hancock, but most of the Brummies are better than Poole's lower order, therefore see it being quite tight with 3-3's a plenty.

We've beaten enough top heavy team this season who have been undone by riders outside the heatleaders not getting big scores, no reason we can't do that again.

Poole pre-season favorites,

Play off final favorites before the semi's

And now red hot odds on favorites for the final, latest odds-

Poole 8/13

Birmingham 13/8

Poole pre-season favorites,

And Birmingham I believe were something like 5th/6th favourites with the bookies back in March, the table suggests they are not quite nostradamus afterall, Speedway is done on shale, not paper ;)

Poole favourites?? :rofl: Brum are definite favourites going by current form! Poole done well just to get here. No pressure on us, all on Birmingham :)