British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

Just the predictable reply I expected from a brain dead Poole fan?

Now say something original?

What's the matter Gary, are you getting a little upset!?

Well congratulations to Cecil Ford,and the Poole Cheetahs tonight..

• Like 2

Not sure about Gavan but reading this post makes me want to puke !!

Me to wanted to throw up,and i respect Tsunami even though he is a tru blue.

As I grew up (a long time ago now !) remembering the staying that "cheats never prosper" - more bullsh@t I reckon

Roll on 2014 - 2013 has been a waste

• Like 2

Well I'm just back from a booming Wimborne Road, where I watched a powerhouse Poole performance, right out of the top drawer. Great atmosphere and a 21 point lead that even the staunchest of Poole fans daren't have dreamt of!! Certainly not me as I predicted a slender 6 point win. Not sure what happened to the Brummies but they were simply outridden on the night! Well done to the Brummies fans that made the trip - very respectful and so pleased at Brummies overall season. Don't know how it came across on Sky but I still have that extra pleasure to come!

Pleasant dreams to all speedway fans! :t::cheers:

• Like 3

What a poor spectacle that was, doyley apart brum were pretty woeful, a shame as we could have had a real humdinger next week, now an anti climax and a damp squib, at least sir shoutalot will have plenty of winter orgasm material...

Full credit to Matt Ford who kept a cool head and didn't throw in the towel when many other promoters would have given up and written the season off.

Instead of throwing in the towel he used his influence to cancel the meeting that would have finished the Pirates season, under the guise of "in the best interests of speedway" We all know in was only in the best interests of Poole and if Poole do win the league this postponement will be the defining factor !

Has the Poole website gone down with all the extra traffic?

• Like 1

I wish it were possible to see all the gritted teeth on the forum this evening!!

• Like 9

What about Rob Lyon how many times did King's Lynn have to rebuild their side this year?

Must have missed that. Where in the top 4 did KL end up.

• Like 1

No gritted teeth, just yet another season thet Poole have cheated their way to the title. Enjoy it Pirate fans, every time you bend, break or just make up the rules is another nail in the El's coffin.

How many have given up on EL speedway because of the cheating and twisting of the rules?

If Brum do manage the impossible and turn over the 21 point lead then it will be the choke of all chokes. It certainly is Pooles to loose now.

• Like 1

Well what can you say on this joyous occasion. Absolutely magnificent display by the rampaging Pirates and Brum just had no answer. Men against boys and we blitzed them from heat one.

Massive crowd, brilliant atmosphere, tons of noise and the crowd were going nuts with a 21 point lead to take to the second leg next week.

Brum looked a beaten team from the halfway stage with their riders giving up at the back. Middlo got our our boys fired up and they put in a proper Poole Pirates display, full of fight, aggression, bottle and verve. Thanks to Matt Ford for giving us this super team. His program notes summed up this forum and other social media perfectly.

Loads of Poole fans making the trip next week to Brum. Hopefully we will make up the shortfall for the Brum fans that might stay away.

Just buzzin with joy. 21 points is a good lead and although it's only half time I can't believe Middlo would allow any complacency in the team and the lads will go out next Monday to finish the job and even try and win up there.

For Poole:

Darcy was a class above. Magnificent.

THJ battled for every point.

Hancock was sensational.

Magic battled well for his points

Josh was rider of the night and rightly so. Brilliant effort and his battle with Doyle was race of the night.

Newman did very well and earned every point. He said after the meeting he was extremely nervous but after his first ride did a good job and didn't let us down.

For Brum.

Smolinski was crap. GP Rider? Your having a laugh!!

Doyle battled for every point and deserved more. Good stuff from him.

King was pretty feeble for most of the night. One decent ride.

Barker. Read King.

Harris. Couldn't live with the Poole top end power.

Auty. Poor and expected more.

Covatti. Picked up as the night went on but expected more.

Before the meeting was hoping for a 1-12 point lead, so double that is just fantastic.

At this moment Birmingham fans might be feeling very low, and I do know who they feel as an almost identical situation occurred in 2010 to us Poole fans. Finishing top means nothing and it hurts when it goes ** up. But they have had a very good season and should be proud of their teams efforts. Not over yet of course and no Pirates fan will be celebrating just yet, although if Brum do pull back 21 points it would be a mind blowing result for their fans.

Must admit I was surprised at the lack of Brum fans at Poole tonight. Thought they would have taken over the second bend but there were only a handful of Brum jackets scattered about the crowd.

Anyway off to open a beer and chillax after a fantastic evening of speedway racing. Cheers!!!! :drink::cheers:

• Like 2

got to say, well done to poole...

their victory will I am sure resonate around the country...

(well at least as far as weymouth and dorchester)...

simply whoever wins, no one outside the dwindling few actually give a monkeys what happens and who takes home the title....

champion of the most minority of minority sports and the supreme irony is of course that to gain this dubious honour, all the teams either spend vast amounts of money they cannot afford or manipulate the rules constantly to achieve their own end (or if that doesnt work simply just ride rough shod over any rules that do exist and do what you want anyway..)

once again, well done poole, your heart must swell with pride......

• Like 3

Must have missed that. Where in the top 4 did KL end up.

Exactly nowhere because they haven't had a full team all year and when Poole 'P*ss Taking' Pirates don't have a full team they call off meetings. And I am a Peterborough fan.

Edited by DJCullip14

Exactly nowhere because they haven't had a full team all year and when Poole 'P*ss Taking' Pirates don't have a full team they call off meetings. And I am a Peterborough fan.

Chomp chomp chomp..