British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

What nonsense. :lol:

Birmingham finished top of the league and hammered Poole last time at Perry Bar.

That was the night Poole ended up with just 4 fit riders at the end of the night.....THJ crashed out in his first ride....and Holder and Janowski both scored 15....this time we will have four different riders in the team...Dyer,Grajczonek,Hancock and Ward, so could well be a totally different ball game. The home match against the Brummies that ended 46 all also had four different riders in the Poole team...Pawlicki,Strachya,Howarth and r/r for Miskoviak...so again could well end up a totally different ball game...incidentally Poole were ten points down in the home match and still came back to grab a draw.

Edited by scottyfan

Poole favourites?? :rofl: Brum are definite favourites going by current form! Poole done well just to get here. No pressure on us, all on Birmingham :)

Poole are with the bookies.

Shame Wolves were so hit by injuries in the play-off Semis but they had a great season and will soon have the world champion. Brummies were awesome, real team effort. Having finished top of the league definitely favourites for the final which will sit easy with the team. If the brummies top 5 perform as I expect, think it will be a narrow win for them at Poole and a big win at home. Was stunned Poole got through and congratulations to them. Do think Hans injury and an off form Troy and Ed didn't help. Will be an interesting final just think trump cards for Brummies are Doyle at 2, Barker at 4 and Harris who is making a mockery of his 7 average. Thought Morris, Killer and for his first three heats howarth gave it there all.

Poole are red hot favorites and I predict a very one sided final. The Birmingham team this year deserves much credit for riding above itself on many occasions especially with some of the dismal performances at times from the rider signed to be #1. They deserve to be in the final and they have gotten the best out of every piece of a team that looked average on paper - huge well done to them. Poole though have peaked at the right time which is the trick to winning play offs. They have 2 riders at the top the Brummies have no star to match. And their middle order is very strong and under rated. The only question is at reserve. I predict a big home win on Monday and then a narrow win at Perry Barr. Simply put, the signing of Hancock showed Poole want this more than anyone else. Brummies still team of the year for coming this far with what they have and simply a superb season.

Edited by SteveEvans

Poole are red favorites and I predict a very one sided final. The Birmingham team this year deserves much credit for riding above itself on many occasions especially with some of the dismal performances at times from the rider signed to be #1. Poole have peaked at the right time which is the trick to winning play offs. I predict a big home win on Monday and then a narrow win at Perry Barr.

I don't see that at all,have Birmingham ever failed to score less than 40 pts away this season.?If they can keep it tight next week limit the last places they have a chance.I watched the meeting for the second time last night dress it up as much as you like Swindon were very poor.So that victory last night could be over flattering as Swindon have not overly convinced me this year.All to play for Poole the favourites but i think this Brum side has a decent chance.

My heart wants the Brummies to win (because they have never been in that position before) but my head says that Poole will be too strong over the 2 legs!

The Brummies have been a solid outfit this year but there are a few chinks showing in the Brummies side (Covatti and Smolinski are not free scoring like they did earlier in the season, Auty looks to be struggling and Barker injured). The Poole heat leaders will have the edge and, if Josh G, rides like he did against Swindon, I think it swings it in favour of Poole.

Good luck to both teams and let's hope it's as good as the Swindon/Poole semis. May the best team win!

• Like 1

Personally I think both matches will be tight and with harris going well is a big bonus for the brummies as he is terrific at poole usually. Poole were terrific last night but as I have repeatedly said birmingham have been the best team all season and will be very hard to beat. I feel it will be a cracker of a final.

undoubtedly it will be difficult to beat Ward & Hancock, but most of the Brummies are better than Poole's lower order, therefore see it being quite tight with 3-3's a plenty.

At Wimborne Road, if all rider's ride at their best the Brummies will struggle to keep with Jonasson and Janowski let alone Ward and Hancock. For the Brummies they need to keep their fingers crossed Dyer doesn't mysteriously disappeared for next week

Surely Sky will dictate that the Pirates will win the EL Final!!

• Like 5

Surely Sky will dictate that the Pirates will win the EL Final!!

coz they will... Edited by zlata prilba
  • Like 1

At Wimborne Road, if all rider's ride at their best the Brummies will struggle to keep with Jonasson and Janowski let alone Ward and Hancock. For the Brummies they need to keep their fingers crossed Dyer doesn't mysteriously disappeared for next week

Harris and doyle are terrific at poole, smolinski rode well in the gp challenge, king and barker ride it well, auty and covatti may struggle but overall a good team for wimborne road. Poole rode well last night and the key riders are josh and thj, especially if rohan is still unfit.

Edited by foreverblue

Well my team Wolves are out of it so I would like to wish both teams well in the final and may all riders stay safe.

• Like 3

As a Brummie fan I am going to make sure that I do one thing. Enjoy the occasion no matter what the result. A final between two teams that have done things very different. A team full of GB riders that got team building right from day one Versus a team that have used their checkbook to make up for team building deficiencies (And it must be honestly said injury problems.)

A team of Heroes verses a team of Superstars.

A young club verses the establishment.

And, I note, A team that almost everyone is writing off. Much like they have for the whole season, and yet here we are in the final.

I don't think I can argue against Poole being the favourites for this one. But that is just how we like it. :)

Whatever happens in the final I have to say a big thank you to the management and the riders for a season to remember.

Now

BRING IT ON!

• Like 2

Poole are too strong.

Hancock,Ward,Janowski and Jonasson are 4 polish ekstraliga heat-leaders, How many polish ekstraliga heat-leaders do Birmingham have?

BUT the final, especially the second leg, isn't on Polish type tracks

BUT the final, especially the second leg, isn't on Polish type tracks

The first leg is on that bumpy muck-heap though. Home from home!