Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Poole V Birmingham 1st Leg Grand Final

Poole maybe favourites, but the Brummies have a far superior team manager who'll get the absolute best out of his team. Got to be worth an extra 6-8 points over the course of th 2 meetings.

• Like 1

Poole maybe favourites, but the Brummies have a far superior team manager who'll get the absolute best out of his team. Got to be worth an extra 6-8 points over the course of th 2 meetings.

:rofl:
  • Like 1

Looking forward to watching Poole choke in the final like they did in 2010 and 2012.

At least Poole manage to get to a final...whatever the outcome. I bet last nights result must have gone down a storm in your household :wink:

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Well i said all along Poole would beat Swindon and they did. I believe Poole are coming into perfect form at the right time of the year. Poole to beat Brummies home and away :D My £100 bet at 16.1 is looking better every day for Charity ;):D Bring it on.

Looking forward to watching Poole choke in the final like they did in 2010 and 2012.

:D Not a chance, with Poole starting to fire on all cylinders we will cream them. ;)

He's right, Middlo may as well just sit on Matt Ford's lap as he's already operating him from behind anyway, if that's the way Poole want to operate fair enough, but don't make Middlo out to be influential when we all know who controls the Poole side, Middlo was working of his own accord for Team GB and we already remember those wonderful team selections...

I can't seriously believe Middlo can usually always find decent foreign talent for Poole, but can't see Danny King is a better and more consistent rider than Lewis Bridger.

Edited by david2905

another smug poole blue tint.

Middlo is hopeless tactically we all know that. He is Matt Fords puppet and his cry baby antics drive me up the wall. last night on that ploughed filed Josh hits a rut and goes in the fence and that clown blames Hans!! clueless!

As proved by his selections at the World Cup

Did I imagine it last week or did Hancock say he was struggling in his first 2 rides at Blunsdon because he was struggling with setups for tracks he hasn't rode in years ?, the thought occurs he has never even seen Perry Barr before.

• Like 1

Right... :rofl:

Pirate's will win at home by 12 and away by 2.

Did I imagine it last week or did Hancock say he was struggling in his first 2 rides at Blunsdon because he was struggling with setups for tracks he hasn't rode in years ?, the thought occurs he has never even seen Perry Barr before.

Fortunately for us Perry Barr is a lovely wide track and is quite similar to Poole.

I'm sure somebody will tell him about it.

He's right, Middlo may as well just sit on Matt Ford's lap as he's already operating him from behind anyway, if that's the way Poole want to operate fair enough, but don't make Middlo out to be influential when we all know who controls the Poole side, Middlo was working of his own accord for Team GB and we already remember those wonderful team selections...

I can't seriously believe Middlo can usually always find decent foreign talent for Poole, but can't see Danny King is a better and more consistent rider than Lewis Bridger.

Of course Middlo doesn't scout foreign talent. That's not his job. He's team manager, not head hunter! That is (evil head wizard) Matt Ford's job, which clearly he is doing a lot better than most ;)

And in regards to Team GB... no offence to our guys but there is hardly a lot of decent talent out there to choose from is there... The best team manager in the world couldn't of saved Team GB.

Of course Middlo doesn't scout foreign talent. That's not his job. He's team manager, not head hunter! That is (evil head wizard) Matt Ford's job, which clearly he is doing a lot better than most ;)

And in regards to Team GB... no offence to our guys but there is hardly a lot of decent talent out there to choose from is there... The best team manager in the world couldn't of saved Team GB.

Can see where your coming from, just believe it would be more truthful if it said "Matt Ford" under Poole Team Manager in the programme, they are still a bloody tough team to ride against, but I think some people overestimate Middlo's influence.

Probably not, but he may have picked the best team...
  • Like 1

At least Poole manage to get to a final...whatever the outcome. I bet last nights result must have gone down a storm in your household :wink:

It will be funnier watching Poole lose in the final than the semis. So I werent that bothered!! Pearson will be gutted when Brum win and you can write the script for the Pirates with Middlo and Ford saying no one expected us to get this far and Shovvy on here saying the same.

• Like 1

It will be funnier watching Poole lose in the final than the semis. So I werent that bothered!! Pearson will be gutted when Brum win and you can write the script for the Pirates with Middlo and Ford saying no one expected us to get this far and Shovvy on here saying the same.

Well judging by your signature at the end of each post " Lakeside Hammers 2013 Elite League Champs " plus this.....

...... osted by Vincent Vega on 23 September 2013 - 09:28 PM in Elite League Speedway

"Well the Robins take a 10pt lead to Wimborne Road which will be more than enough. Dunno if they will get much of a crowd for the second leg Shovvy will watch it on telly!!

Robins in the final already."

Therefore Vincent - please forgive me if I don't take any predictions you actually make seriously.

Now please can we get back to far more important matters like this final which could be a very close affair? And after all, you have to be in it to win it!? :D

Edited by Poole Quay 7