British Speedway Forum

I cant believe what i have just read, apparently AP media on behalf of the BSPA took down the Brummie website just hours before the Play Off semi final. what a complete band of incompetant idiots we have running our sport.

And why was this done? Any idea?

If you don't pay your bills, you get cut off. Simple.

The Brum fairytale continues! :rofl:

Minutes before the end if the Semi Finals?

It's not a billing issue, something far more underhand than that I would imagine!!

Hopefully the truth will come out and show who ever is responsible up

Minutes before the end if the Semi Finals?

It's not a billing issue, something far more underhand than that I would imagine!!

Hopefully the truth will come out and show who ever is responsible up

Oh... A conspiracy theory. Still, the season is nearly over and they, at least, provide a talking point.

If you don't pay your bills, you get cut off. Simple.

The Brum fairytale continues! :rofl:

They must have payed the bills now, as the website is working for me, allbeit with no meantion of last nights result ?

Just looked at the fixtures and result page they haven't even got last weeks score up on there yet ?

Edited by Pirio Barre

I cant believe what i have just read, apparently AP media on behalf of the BSPA took down the Brummie website just hours before the Play Off semi final. what a complete band of incompetant idiots we have running our sport.

Is it any wonder the sport struggles for support, at a time of maximum exposure and interest, they take a clubs website down, could you see Man Utd's website going down after they reached the european cup final ? :mad:

I get your point but its a bit of a leap of faith to compare the second leg of a domestic speedway semi - final with the European football champions league final.

I get your point but its a bit of a leap of faith to compare the second leg of a domestic speedway semi - final with the European football champions league final.

The numbers involved are different but the principle stands, it's stupidity of the highest order to be offline at the point of maximum interest.

The numbers involved are different but the principle stands, it's stupidity of the highest order to be offline at the point of maximum interest.

agreed,

If its true has, has been pointed out elsewhere, that the server was about to crash due to the immense amount of people wishing to gain information about the plays off, surely this confirms that British speedway is indeed, very very popular, but sadly only with lardies who sit in front of the computer and never actually attend.

Also if the system was about crash why not temporally take down every team not involved in the plays off rather than the teams involved in the plays offs.

I'm not a great believer in conspiracy theorys as to be honest I don't believe the people involved have the intelligence to hatch such an idea, most likely what has happened is some office cleaner somewhere unplugged a computer as they needed to plug in there Hoover

Edited by Pirio Barre
  • Like 1

I'm told that Bill Gates took down the Birmingham website under instruction from his boss Matt Ford.

This is just a warning against trying to win the play-offs. If Birmingham win the 1st leg next week, their website will be replaced with a picture of a severed horses head.

• Like 9

agreed,

Also if the system was about crash why not temporally take down every team not involved in the plays off rather than the teams involved in the plays offs.

That's a good point actually, teams 5th to 10th are unlikely to have many updates of note until 2014 signings start arriving.

Not attendancewise surely? :party:

I think the site meltdown could have been technical not spiteful. On the Chris Evans show this morning I heard that one of the BBC sites featuring a "soon to be mega concert" had crashed. It can happen anywhere on the internet system.

Edited by Guest

AP Media is an absolutely awful web designer. Their designs are absolute rubbish, out of date, bland and featureless. Good riddance

• Like 2