British Speedway Forum

Well if there was any foul play, you could say the Brummies could have a legal case for potential loss of revenue, at the tiem of maximum exposure, if the sites down, that could be a potential lucrative sponsor for 2014 lost.

Steve is quite right. Every speedway fan in the UK could log on and any reliable host or provider should handle it.

BSPA were root of this and their puppet Andy Povey who was the listed administrator on last nights holding page.

Similar to Coventry website in 'that' closed season when Sandhu and Trump didn't agree with everything the BSPA demanded.

Too many Monopolies and too much corruption in British Speedway. Everyone knows that.

Or are AP Media Services so poor? Maybe he will be the face on next weeks Watchdog ''ROGUE Traders" gallery with Matt Alright?

Why do clubs have to have there websites done by the same guy? Do they have no control?

Ah that sounds about right. Another puppet of the BSPA who got the push from Birmingham last season for not coming up with a reliable web site for them, with apparent meddling by the BSPAto make sure it didnt happen. Seems that Birmingham dont buy friends in high places Like our south coast rivals who made the play offs with buckets full of help from a cetain Mr Steele. No doubt he will be on hand in the Poole pits on monday as their eigth man!!!And before we get any bright remarks about affording the money to buy help and contrary to snide remarks by a few on this forum, money is not an issue at Birmingham.

Absolutely spot on MOG!!Was done through spite!!

• Like 1

"Speedway clubs are contractually obliged to have their sites hosted on BSPA servers which are controlled by AP Media"......this is bizarre.

Not only could this be challenged, if it were found a cheaper supplier could have been sourced, under EU Law if there were no benefits of a BSPA deal, but also.....now that the server is deemed unreliable, you could just walk out of the deal to a better supplier, of which there are many.

Seems that anyway to get income from clubs is taken by BSPA. Could you imagine a club being "kicked out" because they want to host the servers themselves.

• Like 4

Ah that sounds about right. Another puppet of the BSPA who got the push from Birmingham last season for not coming up with a reliable web site for them, with apparent meddling by the BSPAto make sure it didnt happen. Seems that Birmingham dont buy friends in high places Like our south coast rivals who made the play offs with buckets full of help from a cetain Mr Steele. No doubt he will be on hand in the Poole pits on monday as their eigth man!!!And before we get any bright remarks about affording the money to buy help and contrary to snide remarks by a few on this forum, money is not an issue at Birmingham.

Edited by bluejam

"Speedway clubs are contractually obliged to have their sites hosted on BSPA servers which are controlled by AP Media"......this is bizarre.

Not only could this be challenged, if it were found a cheaper supplier could have been sourced, under EU Law if there were no benefits of a BSPA deal, but also.....now that the server is deemed unreliable, you could just walk out of the deal to a better supplier, of which there are many.

Seems that anyway to get income from clubs is taken by BSPA. Could you imagine a club being "kicked out" because they want to host the servers themselves.

An interesting point that should perhaps be sourced elsewhere. The local MP might be able to advise on this?

Why do clubs have to have there websites done by the same guy? Do they have no control?

Have to be hosted by him so he has ultimate control on when they are on or off.

Another example of a Cartel in speedway...

Majority of clubs he looks after too so controls the content but they tend to stay online at peak times.... Birmingham decided they couldn't work with him and parted company at the start of the season. Since then their site has had a few outages. Odd that

• Like 2

Have to be hosted by him so he has ultimate control on when they are on or off.

Another example of a Cartel in speedway...

Majority of clubs he looks after too so controls the content but they tend to stay online at peak times.... Birmingham decided they couldn't work with him and parted company at the start of the season. Since then their site has had a few outages. Odd that

I'd host it elsewhere. Screw the BSPA/GSI.

If I see Andy Povey anytime soon, i will be demanding a full explanation for this act.

Go it boy with him! Your interest soon solved the Syrian chemical attack problem (see General Discussions). Now you are set to get another important matter settled. :wink:

Last night in the play-off thread there was this posting from 'UK Martin'

"Not so much "crashed" as deliberately switched off by the people who "look after it" on behalf of the BSPA. Apparently the flow of traffic to the Brummies site was overworking their server so much that we became a threat to the usability of other team's web sites...like...well...pick a name..."

My response to that last night, and before the Birmingham statement had been issued, was as further below and going by the official Birmingham apology shockingly it is true that it was pulled. What on earth type of uber-cheapo contract do the BSPA have with their website providers in that it can't cope with the bandwidth demand that is hardly server stressing in this day and age.

"Gee surely they wouldn't do that? They could be costing them business as general sports fans or lapsed supporters could likely be trying to access the site to see when the final is etc.

At the moment the error message says the site doesn't actually exist! Well that would certainly stop newcomers from coming back and chasing up any queries. Normally if a site is overloaded you see a message saying so, not something saying it doesn't exist, very, very bad administration there not to set up a simple message.

"Web Server's Default Page

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.

You can do the following:

Create domains and set up Web hosting using Parallels Plesk Panel.

For more information please contact Administrator." "

Edited by manchesterpaul

The whole situation is utterly pathetic.

We've seen Brum's take on it, be interesting to hear what the BSPA themselves have to say. :icon_smile_clown: :icon_smile_clown:

I have been making websites in school on adobe Dreamweaver and they are a similar standard to AP Media's.

Hougaard Racng Fans: I don't think that's something you should make general knowledge! :rolleyes:

I clicked a link about the Swindon website and it took me to AP Media. The same Link came up for several other club websites that I tried.

http://www.apmedia.info/

Edited by Guest

I don't think that's something you should make general knowledge!

I clicked a link about the Swindon website and it took me to AP Media.

http://www.apmedia.info/

The best thing about that site is the bird, She looks nice.

I would appreciate it if Andy came onto the forum to discuss the issue and explain it to the fans.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Awww, young love :D

Destined to end in tears methinks as it's likely that is a stock photograph and the actual telephonist could be wildly different in age and looks lol (mind you not necessarily for the worse she could be even hotter!)

If you would like to see what a good speedway website looks like just check out Speedway365.com That is how you do web design right!

Oh wow! what a pleasant surprise that site is vastly improved. I had stopped using it several months ago and even un-bookmarked it as i was sick of text being overwritten on to other text and pictures being lopped off or distorted. I'll go back to using it now if the news etc. is up-to-date.

Has it changed hands or just been redesigned? Is it your company that does it?

Edited by manchesterpaul