British Speedway Forum

Dear oh dear, sometime silence is the best option....

Is is true Mickey Mouse wears a Birmingham Brummies wristwatch?

Despite being a neutral I actually hope Poole win the next two weeks, Brummies promotion are no better than Matt Ford.

Sorry I cannot for the life of me believe that the Brum site was taken down due to traffic. I used to run a few very popular websites which got between 240,000 - 450,000 visitors. A day. My servers never broke sweat ( although the punters would have!)

With bandwidth free today (unlimited) there is no way on gods earth the Brum site would have anywhere near enough visitors to cause an issue.

• Like 2

Sorry I cannot for the life of me believe that the Brum site was taken down due to traffic. I used to run a few very popular websites which got between 240,000 - 450,000 visitors. A day. My servers never broke sweat ( although the punters would have!)

With bandwidth free today (unlimited) there is no way on gods earth the Brum site would have anywhere near enough visitors to cause an issue.

I know complete load of crap I bet they didn't pay there bill

If it was shut down it was for a reason, and not traffic. Every speedway fan in the country could have logged on and the server not been strained.

Obviously someone, somewhere has an issue with Birmingham and are getting their site closed down at times when interest would be at it highest.

Who could it be? Maybe someone they owe money too?

Why crash a website just before a main event, most people would have made plans to go the event days before only lardies stuck at home behind there computer would visit the site just before the event, i doubt anyone accessing the site much after 5pm was going to attend anyway.

Edited by Pirio Barre

Andy Povey apparently shut the site down.

Ah that sounds about right. Another puppet of the BSPA who got the push from Birmingham last season for not coming up with a reliable web site for them, with apparent meddling by the BSPAto make sure it didnt happen. Seems that Birmingham dont buy friends in high places Like our south coast rivals who made the play offs with buckets full of help from a cetain Mr Steele. No doubt he will be on hand in the Poole pits on monday as their eigth man!!!And before we get any bright remarks about affording the money to buy help and contrary to snide remarks by a few on this forum, money is not an issue at Birmingham.
  • Like 2

Money is not an issue? So they misled all there supporters this year and attendance was not an issue because the club is already mega rich?!

Behave!

Ah that sounds about right. Another puppet of the BSPA who got the push from Birmingham last season for not coming up with a reliable web site for them, with apparent meddling by the BSPAto make sure it didnt happen. Seems that Birmingham dont buy friends in high places Like our south coast rivals who made the play offs with buckets full of help from a cetain Mr Steele. No doubt he will be on hand in the Poole pits on monday as their eigth man!!!And before we get any bright remarks about affording the money to buy help and contrary to snide remarks by a few on this forum, money is not an issue at Birmingham.

Coventry can expect a cheque for Ben Barker then?

Don't think it was the snide remarks on here that caused offence, more likely the comments by a certain Martin Smolinski.

Ah that sounds about right. Another puppet of the BSPA who got the push from Birmingham last season for not coming up with a reliable web site for them

Andy wasn't sacked last season, he resigned earlier this season!

So how long was the Poole site down for last night? Larger fan base. More dramatic route to the final. Must have generated more web traffic than the Brummies ever could.

Seems as though AP can handle all that Poole traffic. Yet a few extra pensioners in Perry Barr nearly brings the server crashing down in a fiery blaze.

• Like 1

Andy Povey apparently shut the site down.

What is your source for this information? Or is it just one of your trolls?

Steve is quite right. Every speedway fan in the UK could log on and any reliable host or provider should handle it.

BSPA were root of this and their puppet Andy Povey who was the listed administrator on last nights holding page.

Similar to Coventry website in 'that' closed season when Sandhu and Trump didn't agree with everything the BSPA demanded.

Too many Monopolies and too much corruption in British Speedway. Everyone knows that.

Edited by Phil