British Speedway Forum
E I Addio

Nothing Changes

Interesting statement here from Jon Cook and Stuart Douglas, pointing out that the sport needs an independent body, complaining about a complete wall of silence from the SCB, promoters stretching the rule book to the extreme, and allegations of Poole cheating.

http://londonbikers....ritish-speedway

The interesting thing is that it is so relevant it could have been issued today but in fact it dates from May 2009. The fans are entitled to ask what has been happening over the last 3 and half years, why are we in the same position today as we were then, are the majority of the promoters happy with the status quo, if not who is blocking the changes and why do the claims of Poole cheating persist season after season?

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

I'm sorry E I Addio, but Lakeside have been party to these events with their rolling over with regards to the infamous postponement earlier in the year and their rolling over with regards to the illegal riding order Poole tracked against them last season.

• Like 3

I'm sorry E I Addio, but Lakeside have been party to these events with their rolling over with regards to the infamous postponement earlier in the year and their rolling over with regards to the illegal riding order Poole tracked against them last season.

And the other parties are ?

So why did Jon Cook not side with Rick Frost and Avtar Sandhu?

Perhaps he didn't want to! :rofl:

So why did Jon Cook not side with Rick Frost and Avtar Sandhu?

Because they wanted a 45 point limit that would have pushed Belle Vue and Eastbourne out of the EL. Swindon and Poole were also in favour of a 45 point limit but they discussed it rationally without walking out and were bright enough to see the damage that would be done. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation walking out is not the way to do business. The root of it all was that animosity between Ford and Trump. They were washing their dirty linen in public well before the AGM and it was always going to blow up between them for one reason or another.

Bottom line is that in over three years nothing but nothing has changed apart from more fans leaving.

Edited by E I Addio

There is nobody to blame but the promoters.

Back Scratchers United ! ........... the chance to change was a couple of winters ago , the few stood firm , the rest bottled it !

• Like 3

I agree an independant panel is needed as with all sport but the promoters always maintain it is unaffordable

That may well be the case, but one of the other complaints was the "wall of silence" from the SCB. It seems to me that seems to be at the root of a lot of problems. The SCB, rather like the Royal Family adopt a policy of "don't complain, don't explain" so fans are left in the dark, the sport appears to carry on like a ship without a rudder, fans leave and now it seems that sky are on the way out. A more open policy from the SCB could make such a big difference but nothing ever changes.

Edited by E I Addio

Because they wanted a 45 point limit that would have pushed Belle Vue and Eastbourne out of the EL. Swindon and Poole were also in favour of a 45 point limit but they discussed it rationally without walking out and were bright enough to see the damage that would be done. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation walking out is not the way to do business. The root of it all was that animosity between Ford and Trump. They were washing their dirty linen in public well before the AGM and it was always going to blow up between them for one reason or another.

Bottom line is that in over three years nothing but nothing has changed apart from more fans leaving.

The bottom line is Rick Frost wanted a level playing field, and still does.

That's all what most supporters want, so why 3 years down the line hasn't the BSPA done anything about it.

Nothing's changed, this sport is still corrupt as recent events only prove, until it does this sport will continue to sink until it drowns completely.

• Like 7

That's all what most supporters want, so why 3 years down the line hasn't the BSPA done anything about it.

Nothing's changed, this sport is still corrupt as recent events only prove, until it does this sport will continue to sink until it drowns completely.

Difficult to disagree with that.

• Like 1

Good post BCD, agree with all of that...

Some transparency and an Independent Body asap please..

They sided with Poole on the other rules as well ...even thou they knew that is was all about Ford giving teaching Cov a lesson ..if they have not got along with ford then maybe cov and boro would have not walk out ...the bottom line is there as bad as anyone else as they have helped Ford do his dirty work

• Like 4