British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
therefused

Dudley Heathens V Kings Lynn Young Stars P/o Final 08/10/13

Hmmm seems a bit strange that Lewi wasn't put in black and white for heat 6. At least Robert managed a six pointer but he seems to find Wolves a challenge, needs to develop some throttle control to go with his speed if he wants to excel in the leagues in this country.

Thirteen points a smaller deficit than I expected but still more than enough for Dudley IMO.

13 should be enough but, heathens did throw away some points. Robert Lambert is going to be a world beater one day but again needs to turn the gas off now & then on smaller tracks.

Perhaps a season at Rye House would do him the world of good.

• Like 1

Your Young Stars did you proud tonight, whenever you looked like being raced out of it totally, you hung on in there, led by Lewis Kerr who fought hard, and was again involved in some great races, backed up admirably by Darren Mallett, with some good gates, and Lewis Rose, Robert Lambert only had one points scoring race for his 6 points., all your riders tried hard,but found the Monmore turns tricky to work out. For the Heathens Skipper Ashley Morris was in outstanding form, whenever he missed the gate he fought tooth and nail for his wins, his scraps with Lewis Kerr were outstanding and fair racing from both riders, all the Heathens riders chipped in with valuable points, and i believe it is set up nicely for the 2nd leg, at The Norfolk Arena on Wednesday night, both Heathens Coaches are fully booked, and i look forward to my visit to the old sadlebow road circuit, my first since the 1980,s. To all The Stars fans, dont miss it, it really should be a cracker, 13 points is defendable just, possibly with the aid of Double points, i really could see this going down to the last Heat.

Edited by greyhoundp

A superb and throughly enjoyable meeting between to hard but fair racing sides and the 13 point lead sets us up perfectly for the second leg tomorrow. Full credit to Ash Morris & Lewis Kerr on some awsome racing especially heat 15!! Just hoping that this the Heathens year and the memories of last year can be put to bed!! Ommer Um!!

Your Young Stars did you proud tonight, whenever you looked like being raced out of it totally, you hung on in there, led by Lewis Kerr who fought hard, and was again involved in some great races, backed up admirably by Darren Mallett, with some good gates, and Lewis Rose, Robert Lambert only had one points scoring race for his 6 points., all your riders tried hard,but found the Monmore turns tricky to work out. For the Heathens Skipper Ashley Morris was in outstanding form, whenever he missed the gate he fought tooth and nail for his wins, his scraps with Lewis Kerr were outstanding and fair racing from both riders, all the Heathens riders chipped in with valuable points, and i believe it is set up nicely for the 2nd leg, at The Norfolk Arena on Wednesday night, both Heathens Coaches are fully booked, and i look forward to my visit to the old sadlebow road circuit, my first since the 1980,s. To all The Stars fans, dont miss it, it really should be a cracker, 13 points is defendable just, possibly with the aid of Double points, i really could see this going down to the last Heat.

If you haven't been since at Lynn since the 80's you'll see lots of changes. Most of them for the better. If this goes down to the last heat I shall be well pleased thinking we have a chance of winning with Mallet and Kerr. But, I think the double points will be your saviour. Hope you enjoy your visit to Saddlebow Road,

Good Luck to the Young Stars in this,,i hope they can pull it back --will be watching with interest