British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

as we only appeared to finish the season with 2 riders my money is on either or both of those two!

BTW, just looking at the photo's of the end of season dinner dance. Has an end of season dinner dance ever had less riders show up!, 'luckily' the ones that turned won the awards going by the photo's!!

not so sure that would of been my choice for the award winners but each to their own,do you mean jan and kevin mick? if so i dont think jan will cut it in the elite kevin maybe.

not so sure that would of been my choice for the award winners but each to their own,do you mean jan and kevin mick? if so i dont think jan will cut it in the elite kevin maybe.

I think Jan would do ok at reserve around BP when he gates and he could do no worse than he generally does away (as he's never been any good), especially with how diluted the EL looks like being. You know I'm not his biggest fan but i am amazed Maggie didn't win rider of the year after the season he has had and his 2nd place in the PLRC. Doolan i would expect to ride. As i'll probably be just at away meetings i wouldn't be too keen on either though as i think they would be out of their depth as a reserve pairing away from BP.

What do you think Neb? I think we may struggle to get a team together with Kasprzak and 6 other newcomers (will there enough decent riders available) so i think we'll probably need to retain some of last years team (which i'm guessing leaves us with Doolan and Graversen). I think it might end up a struggle to cobble a decent team together though.

Edited by volty

Doolan seemed to score ok when seen on one or two Sky meetings, at Poole particular...

you are right, he did. Maybe it didn't come across correctly but i mean't i can see them both being our reserves and whilst Doolan may do OK at times i can see it being a bit of a struggle with the pair, especially away.

I pray they don't go for Graversen at reserve. I would have thought lesson's have been learnt from this season, were the failure to get a good reserve pairing probabaly cost us going into the play-offs.Looking at some of the reserves in the elite league last season like Lawson, Grajczonek & Auty, they are a different class to Graversen who is really no better than a premier league reserve, especially away from home were is record is pretty dismal.I think Doolan & Kauko would make a decent reserve pairing.Kauko finished last season with an elite league average of 4.62, not sure of Doolan's, so probabaly wouldn't use too many points up in any team building plans. But obviously until the points limit is annouced it makes it difficult to guess.

I do fear they will use Graversen though as he is a Lions asset & it will be a cheaper option & to be fair to him he is loyal & a good team man, but he just isn't good enough for the elite league.

Liberon DH did not bring speedway back to leicester he was just one of many other people who did just as much as he did and please dont give the old rubbish that it was his money that came from the tipping!

Fans keep going on about the elite league , when are they going to accept that the only thing EL is ,is the price you pay to watch

If the team, and even the race night, is built around Kasprzak it will be a risk. His performance with Coventry in 2013 does not inspire confidence, but at least he has a low average. Maybe that was the master plan all along!

Race night-wise, would Coventry and Peterborough be helpful and co-operative or not? All depends on how much they really do need Leicester in the same league as them. But we could have to pick up the crumbs left over when it comes to race night, and of course there is Kasprzak's needs to cater for.

As for the entertainment quality, I fully agree with Weatherwatcher that a rider using "track craft" to keep someone behind him is highly entertaining. However, when the riders are strung out by the backstraight of lap 2 (or even sooner) it is just plain boring. Unfortunately this occurs often at Leicester. Would the Elite League improve that? Not if what i saw on Sky TV this year is anything to go by.

In my humble opinion, the main problem with the track is bend 3, along with the length of straights in relation to tightness of bends generally.

Mr Hemsley owns the business of Leicester Speedway, and i guess it is up to him, to decide what he provides to his customers. If the move to "Elite League" does happen, i think we will know by about July if those decisions have been the correct ones. Leicester Speedway isn't a public service, it's a private business and next season will show if it is a viable businiess or not. It's all down to what the customers think and if they want to buy the product, and sponsor it. The product is of course more than the on-track entertainment, but it's one heck of an important part. So bring on that skilful track-craft!

• Like 4

I pray they don't go for Graversen at reserve. I would have thought lesson's have been learnt from this season, were the failure to get a good reserve pairing probabaly cost us going into the play-offs.Looking at some of the reserves in the elite league last season like Lawson, Grajczonek & Auty, they are a different class to Graversen who is really no better than a premier league reserve, especially away from home were is record is pretty dismal.I think Doolan & Kauko would make a decent reserve pairing.Kauko finished last season with an elite league average of 4.62, not sure of Doolan's, so probabaly wouldn't use too many points up in any team building plans. But obviously until the points limit is annouced it makes it difficult to guess.

I do fear they will use Graversen though as he is a Lions asset & it will be a cheaper option & to be fair to him he is loyal & a good team man, but he just isn't good enough for the elite league.

Surely Kake will go to BV

Surely Kake will go to BV

i would agree with that i feel sure he will want to stick with jason unless of course jason comes back to the den.

magnus,kevin and lasse would all be good reserves around leicester but does anyone know what their elite league average's would be?

Kake is a Leicester asset.

I thought he belonged to Lakeside

Kake is a Leicester asset.

Fair enough. I suppose that does put a different slant on things

Fair enough. I suppose that does put a different slant on things

it wont make any difference kake will go where he wants to go and i doubt very much it will be leicester.

i would agree with that i feel sure he will want to stick with jason unless of course jason comes back to the den.

magnus,kevin and lasse would all be good reserves around leicester but does anyone know what their elite league average's would be?

Magnus will not be coming back to Leicester, whichever league they are in - FACT!!

Edited by Fanmale
  • Like 1