British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Well maggie seriously pissed DH off when he point blank refuses to fly over & rider vs Coventry.

talking about being seriously pissed off and DH, has anyone heard if anything has been decided about all the season ticket holders who haven't recieved the value in their ticket for last year? Surely if Kasprzak and the EL is affordable then paying the season ticket holders their money back is also affordable.

talking about being seriously pissed off and DH, has anyone heard if anything has been decided about all the season ticket holders who haven't recieved the value in their ticket for last year? Surely if Kasprzak and the EL is affordable then paying the season ticket holders their money back is also affordable.

Sorry for being slow on this. but why have season ticket holders not recieved the value of their tickets? was there a guaranteed minimum number of fixtures involved in the T&C'S? If so I would have thought the logical solution would be to provide applicable discount to next seasons tickets on the basis that if you dont renew then you lose the discount. This would be as per those who pay on the day and the meeting is rained off - use within a number of next few meetings or lose it.

Well maggie seriously pissed DH off when he point blank refuses to fly over & rider vs Coventry.

So that could have some bearing on him returning.

I can't see many if any of the finishing 7 returning all of them will either not want to ride for DH after his outbursts & interfering or they are not good enough for EL

Frankly, if his outburst for them losing after holding a good lead to a team who clearly wanted it more than they did upset the riders concerned then simply put they are not good enough...Nobody said any pro sport is easy - fans may have the right to think their riders can do no wrong but promoters & tean managers have to look at it from all angles. Praise & critism is fair proportions...& v Somerset, the need for praise was never going to be on the post match agenda!

Sorry for being slow on this. but why have season ticket holders not recieved the value of their tickets? was there a guaranteed minimum number of fixtures involved in the T&C'S? If so I would have thought the logical solution would be to provide applicable discount to next seasons tickets on the basis that if you dont renew then you lose the discount. This would be as per those who pay on the day and the meeting is rained off - use within a number of next few meetings or lose it.

You're not slow on this 1 valve. You are of course absolutely correct that no guarantee on the number of meetings was offered. Whether it's good practice, in the entertainment business, not to acknowledge this shortfall or the reasons behind it, over a month after the season has closed, is the point your ignoring. To offer seasons tickets at a cost in excess of the actual cost of paying on the day and not to acknowledge it has happened comes across as a bit rich. Or a bit cheap depending on your phraseology. You clearly think it doesn't though. Let's hope there are enough people just like you who don't see an issue.

Frankly, if his outburst for them losing after holding a good lead to a team who clearly wanted it more than they did upset the riders concerned then simply put they are not good enough...Nobody said any pro sport is easy - fans may have the right to think their riders can do no wrong but promoters & tean managers have to look at it from all angles. Praise & critism is fair proportions...& v Somerset, the need for praise was never going to be on the post match agenda!

Similarly, I'd guess there must have been people out there defending the actions of Paulo Di Canio during his managerial tenures. After all, no denying It's a wide world out there. Edited by volty

You're not slow on this 1 valve. You are of course absolutely correct that no guarantee on the number of meetings was offered. Whether it's good practice, in the entertainment business, not to acknowledge this shortfall or the reasons behind it, over a month after the season has closed, is the point your ignoring. To offer seasons tickets at a cost in excess of the actual cost of paying on the day and not to acknowledge it has happened comes across as a bit rich. Or a bit cheap depending on your phraseology.

How many meetings would you have needed to attend to break even?

You're not slow on this 1 valve. You are of course absolutely correct that no guarantee on the number of meetings was offered. Whether it's good practice, in the entertainment business, not to acknowledge this shortfall or the reasons behind it, over a month after the season has closed, is the point your ignoring. To offer seasons tickets at a cost in excess of the actual cost of paying on the day and not to acknowledge it has happened comes across as a bit rich. Or a bit cheap depending on your phraseology. You clearly think it doesn't though. Let's hope there are enough people just like you who don't see an issue.

Similarly, I'd guess there must have been people out there defending the actions of Paulo Di Canio during his managerial tenures. After all, no denying It's a wide world out there.

The last meeting of the season was only three weeks ago, and the BSPA AGM needs to be out of the way before anything can be sorted for next year. Season ticket prices were on the high side this season but probably reflected the expectation that most people had that the team would progress in one or more of the season's competitions. As 1valve suggested, the appropriate way of acknowledging this would be to offer a discount for renewing for next season, which they can't really do until they know what league they're in and how much next year's season ticket will be. Those people who buy season tickets primarily out of a desire to help the club will no doubt buy one again next year. Those just looking for a cost saving may need some convincing that they will offer value for money.

Similarly, I'd guess there must have been people out there defending the actions of Paulo Di Canio during his managerial tenures. After all, no denying It's a wide world out there.

To be clear I wasn't sure if a guaranteed number of meetings was offered or not. I would have thought making such an offer would be unwise. However the deal usually is that season ticket holders get a discount in comparison to the total cost for all meetings in comparison to a person paying on the day for all meetings. Given that there is no "reserved seating" or similar benefits clearly this means its been a big gesture on the part of the seaon ticket holder to part with the cash up front and it would be reaonable for the promoter to acknowledge this shortfall in some way which at the very least should be a discount v normal price for next seasons tickets - or even one free meeting should the supporter not wish to renew.

• Like 1

So that could have some bearing on him returning.

I can't see many if any of the finishing 7 returning all of them will either not want to ride for DH after his outbursts & interfering or they are not good enough for EL

thats a load of crap he told me he had organised a birthday party for his son well before this meeting had been arranged and because it was not a league or a really important meeting he was excused from riding that day,and plus it was a cheaper option for leicester to use a rider who was already in the uk rather than have to fork out for mk's flights which does make sense although i would of like to of seen magnus take on the elite league super boys.

How many meetings would you have needed to attend to break even?

The value of the season ticket was £330 and as far as i can tell Leicester Speedway gave us £295 worth of meetings.

The last meeting of the season was only three weeks ago, and the BSPA AGM needs to be out of the way before anything can be sorted for next year. Season ticket prices were on the high side this season but probably reflected the expectation that most people had that the team would progress in one or more of the season's competitions. As 1valve suggested, the appropriate way of acknowledging this would be to offer a discount for renewing for next season, which they can't really do until they know what league they're in and how much next year's season ticket will be. Those people who buy season tickets primarily out of a desire to help the club will no doubt buy one again next year. Those just looking for a cost saving may need some convincing that they will offer value for money.

But surely you have to agree that at the point the meetings were going to be short of the value then the right thing for the promotion to have done would have been to acknowledge it. They still haven't done this. Surely a small note on the website, in a programme or elsewhere to acknowledge it would have been the way to go, maybe saying they were looking into ways to recompence these loyal fans. Due to the team's failings it was clearly an issue well before the end of the season. It's not like Hemsley doesn't know as i for one pointed it out to him at the last meeting and he was already fully aware (can't be bothered to hear his cheap response).

Also, why would a discount on next season's ticket be apporopriate? It not like they didn't have opportunity to put enough meeting on, a suitable excuse for this, such as the weather, can't be used. They simply decided not to put on enough meetings to match the ticket. Why should anyone have to buy a whole season ticket for next year to correct the promotions error in charging too much this.

Edited by volty

Personally feel anyone willing to take the season ticket issue to scc would win very easy.

Anywhere off to the Elite. This could be fun.

Edited by Hazzman

Elite it is and Saturday night racing.

You'll be lucky to get 50% of your home fixtures on a Saturday!!!

Hope a new owner can be found for the Panthers. Seems the EL has lost a great race track and gained a poor one.

well the Lions in the Elite league was no great surprise, but the Peterborough decision was.

Looks like there will be loads of questions & views now on the forum & I dare say many will focus on the same old subject of the Leicester track...yes boring! Please (though it wont happen) lets move on from that subject - unless there is a fresh view and discuss something else as there are more new thuings to discuss.

Like 32 points and two National league riders in eac team? a gap too far?

Like TV coverage, doesn't appear dead - great news...Sky or BT??

Hope you get my drift.

You'll be lucky to get 50% of your home fixtures on a Saturday!!!

I agree I'm just surprised we will be racing on a Saturday lets hope there's no GP when Tai and Darcy are due to visit

Hope a new owner can be found for the Panthers. Seems the EL has lost a great race track and gained a poor one.

Indeed and if Hemsley thinks many Panthers fans will be migrating to Leicester he lives in cloud cuckoo land.

• Like 2