British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

great to see the Lions back in the top league again

Great to see the Lions back .. As a Saturday track forget using GP riders ,KK for Poole now wont be a bad thing . What about signing Larsen ?

Or Kenneth Bjerre please. :) Don't really want him signing for Coventry as he always goes missing at play-off time and Bees are going to be in the play-offs next season aren't they? :wink:

• Like 4

KK goes missing too.....but way before the play offs! ;)

• Like 3

So you do think gate and go speedway is team riding , Leicester have been allowed back in to make the numbers up not because of their stadium or any other reason , apart from some flagpoles advertising Jordan road planing it's the same stadium they had when their application was turned down last time

Ask yourself why they were turned down last season? Not due to the stadium !! Due to other promoters not wanting them in, did not want to share their sky money with another team !! Did not want a local club near them that might affect their own attendances!! Correct me if I am wrong please as I would be interested to hear your understanding of why they did not get in last time?? Edited by BTFC LION
  • Like 2

Rick Frost objection is why they didn't get in last time. Maybe Leicester are the reason Peterborough aren't here any more. To be honest, if that was his attitude towards one track's ambitions, then we are better off with Leicester in.

Rick Frost objection is why they didn't get in last time. Maybe Leicester are the reason Peterborough aren't here any more. To be honest, if that was his attitude towards one track's ambitions, then we are better off with Leicester in.

http://Leicester’s application to join the Elite League has been put on hold for 12 months when they have been invited to re-apply. It was felt by all parties that in the current difficult economic circumstances, both the Elite and Premier League numbers should be protected. Since when is one man all parties...

• Like 1

http://Leicester’s application to join the Elite League has been put on hold for 12 months when they have been invited to re-apply. It was felt by all parties that in the current difficult economic circumstances, both the Elite and Premier League numbers should be protected. Since when is one man all parties...

That was the official line!! But it was stated very publicly what really happened!!

Just a passing thought after reading a couple of other team building threads....

Will Glyn be allowed to be team manager and track curator???

If not, what about Phil Morris as manager, Glyn to still do track, Leicester would give Phil Morris and Glyn easy access to a track, 7 days a week for youth/rider training, and as a bonus, we may get Danny King????

Thoughts Folks?????

Leicester will not want to pay Phil Morris so i can't see him coming to Leicester.

Season ticket prices were announced last night & for once they are good value at £272 for an adults season ticket. Included in that is 18 Elite League fixtures , 1 challange match & the midland 4's.

Pride of the midlands (if run) , Play offs (if made) or BEN fund meeting not included.

So 20 matches for £272 means a saving of around £50 off gate admission prices.

I know us season ticket holders got ripped off last year but at least DH has got in the real world with his pricing structure this season. It has tempted me to reconsider buying one if we get a competitive team together.

• Like 2

Ask yourself why they were turned down last season? Not due to the stadium !! Due to other promoters not wanting them in, did not want to share their sky money with another team !! Did not want a local club near them that might affect their own attendances!! Correct me if I am wrong please as I would be interested to hear your understanding of why they did not get in last time??

Did i say it was anything to do with the Stadium ???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. try reading post before jumping to conclusions about it's content !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jim the whipper

Leicester will not want to pay Phil Morris so i can't see him coming to Leicester.

Season ticket prices were announced last night & for once they are good value at £272 for an adults season ticket. Included in that is 18 Elite League fixtures , 1 challange match & the midland 4's.

Pride of the midlands (if run) , Play offs (if made) or BEN fund meeting not included.

I know us season ticket holders got ripped off last year but at least DH has got in the real world with his pricing structure this season. It has tempted me to reconsider buying one if we get a competitive team together.

where have the season ticket prices been announced....there is nothing on the lions website??

Great to see the Lions back .. As a Saturday track forget using GP riders ,KK for Poole now wont be a bad thing . What about signing Larsen ?

Part of the appeal of being in the Elite League is having GP riders riding against us at Leicester as well as for us, and I would also like to watch the SGP/SWC/SEC meetings, so hopefully they'll avoid clashes on those Saturdays whoever is in the Lions team, though there won't be many Saturdays left when you take those dates out.

It isn't 20 matches though, it's 18. The fixture fillers aren't matches, they are meetings, and they may not be the same quality as the EL matches. The Midlands Fours was rubbish this year. Next season's will need to be a much more attractive fixture, with better quality riders, if Hemsley is including it in the package. There's no indication what the challenge will be, but we can't rely on it being EL standard. Many will look at this "offer" more realistically as 18 league matches for the price of 17, which carries no saving at all if you're going to miss any league matches. And they won't all be on Saturdays...

It isn't 20 matches though, it's 18. The fixture fillers aren't matches, they are meetings, and they may not be the same quality as the EL matches. The Midlands Fours was rubbish this year. Next season's will need to be a much more attractive fixture, with better quality riders, if Hemsley is including it in the package. There's no indication what the challenge will be, but we can't rely on it being EL standard. Many will look at this "offer" more realistically as 18 league matches for the price of 17, which carries no saving at all if you're going to miss any league matches. And they won't all be on Saturdays...

If you are likely to miss any matches, dont buy a season ticket. It is up to you if you miss any matches it is not the promotions fault. The fact is they are giving you some discount.