British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

If memory serves, didn't Doyley have an issue with his visa last year?? Maybe left it a bit late and didn't get over here for the start of the (Somerset) fixtures?!!

Was 2 seasons ago, i belive that occasion he waited waited and waited to apply for the visa and were he took so long to apply he didn't leave enough time to have the application cleared which ment he missed the beginning part of the season for the Rebels

I think you'll find you are wrong! Doyley lost some big sponsors due to his misdemeanour(s) whilst at Poole!!

Did Darcy lose some of his sponsors then as well due to his mis-demeanors?

• Like 1

I think the point is that Darcy has never actually been convicted of a crime. He seems to be Teflon coated where the law is concerned.

I think the point is that Darcy has never actually been convicted of a crime. He seems to be Teflon coated where the law is concerned.

Didn't he get fined for drugs he had in Australia as that was the reason he bolted on the mini motorbike?.

Guess he's just so unlucky to be in the wrong place when these things happen.

Did Darcy lose some of his sponsors then as well due to his mis-demeanors?

Nope! Not guilty m'lud!!

Its all to do with any (alleged or proven) misdemeanours during the UK speedway season!! :wink:

Edited by Skidder1

Didn't he get fined for drugs he had in Australia as that was the reason he bolted on the mini motorbike?

Guess he's just so unlucky to be in the wrong place when these things happen.

Yes.... but no criminal record ala 'speeding fine'.

Slightly off topic, but photo's on facebook show that the inner curb is missing from the 1st and 2nd bend.

Anyone know if this is linked to changing the track shape or do we have to have different ones in the Elite League?

Interesting! Perhaps the track is getting a little nip and tuck afterall then.

Yep. Noticed this myself on the pictures. And all the riders there were commenting on how good the track was.

So maybe they have done a bit if work on it

Swindon and Leicester in tug of war over Morris, with Sheffield also involved - according to today's Sun Sports pages!!

Is there anymore Swindon assets that Leicester want as they have Mads & Jason already?.

Good luck to all 3 though & looking forward to seeing Leicester Robins in 2014 at the Abbey.

• Like 1

Is there anymore Swindon assets that Leicester want as they have Mads & Jason already?.

Good luck to all 3 though & looking forward to seeing Leicester Robins in 2014 at the Abbey.

You only have to look at Birmingham last year to see how many Bees assets were used.

Thought Nick Morris was in the Swindon team.

So did the Swindon management fans and speedway world.

But I agree with Morris. He's got to do what's best for him. And if that's potentially Leicester and Sheffield then good luck nick

If I remember right both swindon and king's lynn told these 2 respective riders that their services were not required for 2014. MK was particulary gutted and expected to be staying at kl and jd was also rather surprised.