British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

I was reading in the star about how DH and his co-promoter were doing all they could to keep GT as team manager. Not a mention of the other co-promoter Dave Darcy? Is he still a promoter.

Wrong - He has made many passes around BP - noy just a few and many times heat leaders of the Lions. as Steve 9 correctly says CC lets the speed run through the bends instead of scrubbing it off (even bend 3) something I think we will see more of now that Elite league riders will be racing at Leicester.

Elite League? I presume you mean the Premier League tarted up a bit with a few extra riders, many of whom dont really want to be there and frequently arn't.

I think we can discontinue to Craig Cook speculation, as today's Edinburgh Evening News says he has signed deals with Edinburgh and Belle Vue for 2014

alan jones in the other promotor

so what is dave darcy? Is he back to being a supporter with a stand named after him, just a supporter sitting in a stand or still a promoter?

Edited by volty

I think we can discontinue to Craig Cook speculation, as today's Edinburgh Evening News says he has signed deals with Edinburgh and Belle Vue for 2014

He also tweeted he hasnt signd for either club as it was wrongly reported

He also tweeted he hasnt signd for either club as it was wrongly reported

Now that Leicester have made the step up. Will they also have a National league Team as rumoured ?

Not a bad idea...maybe they could ride on Saturday nights ;)

• Like 2

Anyone have any riders they would particularly like to don the Red and Yellow of the Lions in 2014.........?

1. Kenneth Bjerre 8.45

2. Kevin Doolan 3.00

3. Rory Schlein 6.84

4. Patrick Hougaard 6.19

5. Craig Cook 7.40

Total 31.68

It won't happen because DH won't want to spend big but to me that is 1 very solid side home & away.

1. Kenneth Bjerre 8.45

2. Kevin Doolan 3.00

3. Rory Schlein 6.84

4. Patrick Hougaard 6.19

5. Craig Cook 7.40

Total 31.68

It won't happen because DH won't want to spend big but to me that is 1 very solid side home & away.

That does look a very solid line up. Think most fans would welcome Dools back after his efforts last year. Signing Cook would ensure we see hundreds of passes each week too.... Does anyone know if there are any track alterations planned this winter? Be nice to not have to rely on only certain riders providing the thrills. After all, one Nick Morris doesn't make a summer.

1. Kenneth Bjerre 8.45

2. Kevin Doolan 3.00

3. Rory Schlein 6.84

4. Patrick Hougaard 6.19

5. Craig Cook 7.40

Total 31.68

Well this would be my chosen 5 as i understand Craig Cook will announce he is back at Belle VUe in the nxt couple of days..

1. Kenneth Bjerre 8.45

2. Krzysztof Kasprzak 7.97

3. Danny King 7.46

4. Mikkel Michelsen 5.00

5. Kevin Doolan 3.00

Total 31.88

It seems that Leicester are getting a bit of a shock with their elite league team planning for 2014.

They are getting a surprise at rider wage demands and some have simply said No to them.

I have heard strong reports that the Kaprazak deal will not happen due to his Poliish club not allowing him to ride on Saturdays before the Polish league and remember his previous club refusing to give him start permission when riding for Birmingham.

I can see Kenneth Bjerre at Leicester and possibly Danny King

so what is dave darcy? Is he back to being a supporter with a stand named after him, just a supporter sitting in a stand or still a promoter?

A club can have 3 promoters, but only two are allowed to attend the AGM.

Elite League? I presume you mean the Premier League tarted up a bit with a few extra riders, many of whom dont really want to be there and frequently arn't.

The Elite League is still correctly named, it is the highest level league in British speeday.

The Premier League isn't and is the one with the false name.

Not that it really matters.

• Like 2