British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

It seems that Leicester are getting a bit of a shock with their elite league team planning for 2014.

They are getting a surprise at rider wage demands and some have simply said No to them.

That's interesting Flagrag.

And I would have thought a club that we are constantly informed for all their sins always pay their riders on time would have riders knocking down the door to ride for them. Sometimes you just can fathom it can you, makes you wonder about half the stuff you read?

I guess, as mentioned in the star, if they manage to talk Glyn into staying on as team manager it would make the job of getting riders in a bit easier as i'd imagine without him most riders would run a mile, what with the reputation David Hemsley has for man management. Maybe that's the problem, who's doing the bidding. If Glyn hadn't been there last year i think from Somerset onwards we'd have probably had the team we actually did end with so to speak (i.e just Graversen and Doolan!).

Edited by volty

1. Kenneth Bjerre 8.45

2. Kevin Doolan 3.00

3. Rory Schlein 6.84

4. Patrick Hougaard 6.19

5. Craig Cook 7.40

Total 31.68

It won't happen because DH won't want to spend big but to me that is 1 very solid side home & away.

your right it won't happen you got absolutely 0 chance of Rory Schlein signing for the Lions .

your right it won't happen you got absolutely 0 chance of Rory Schlein signing for the Lions .

Ok, I'll bite, why is this then [schlein] absolutely no chance he'll sign for ▶ Leicester ◀. ......???

We all know, if the money is the right colour for Schlein from Leicester then that's where he'll be. Asset of ours or not

We all know, if the money is the right colour for Schlein from Leicester then that's where he'll be. Asset of ours or not

Really, I didn't think Rory was quite that mercenary.

So the KK deal is dead & all this bravardo DH spouted about KK becoming a Leicester legend was before he had agreed a deal with him ??

Leicester do pay on time but if the money is not that good then they are not going to sign. I would be interested to see what sort of money they are offering compared to other EL clubs.

Is Glyn track curator , team manager or both next year ???

For me Taylor has to stay. I wasn't a big fan of his but since becoming manager he has won the fans over because of his honesty & he is the only person at the club that is open with fans.

He has made a few cock ups in past but i feel thats because he is trying to juggle too many things.

But Leicester NEED Glyn Taylor as manager so please don't go !!!!

It seems that Leicester are getting a bit of a shock with their elite league team planning for 2014.

They are getting a surprise at rider wage demands and some have simply said No to them.

I have heard strong reports that the Kaprazak deal will not happen due to his Poliish club not allowing him to ride on Saturdays before the Polish league and remember his previous club refusing to give him start permission when riding for Birmingham.

I can see Kenneth Bjerre at Leicester and possibly Danny King

Edited by lionking

So the KK deal is dead & all this bravardo DH spouted about KK becoming a Leicester legend was before he had agreed a deal with him ??

Leicester do pay on time but if the money is not that good then they are not going to sign. I would be interested to see what sort of money they are offering compared to other EL clubs.

For me Taylor has to stay. I wasn't a big fan of his but since becoming manager he has won the fans over because of his honesty & he is the only person at the club that is open with fans.

He has made a few cock ups in past but i feel thats because he is trying to juggle too many things.

Absolutely spot on Lionking.

1 point though, about Leicester always paying the riders on time. How are you so confident this is the case. It's a fact that is constantly turned out from various fans in the case for the defence but I heard a lot of rumours circulating last year to the contrary. I'm not saying who is right. I was just wondering where your confidence that this is the case comes from.

We ended the season with basically 2 riders (even at the end of season do only those same two riders turned out as far as i am aware).

My confidence comes from riders of 2012 & 2013.

There was an issue at end

1 point though, about Leicester always paying the riders on time. How are you so confident this is the case. It's a fact that is constantly turned out from various fans in the case for the defence but I heard a lot of rumours circulating last year to the contrary. I'm not saying who is right. I was just wondering where your confidence that this is the case comes from.

We ended the season with basically 2 riders (even at the end of season do only those same two riders turned out as far as i am aware).

My confidence comes from riders of 2012 & 2013.

There was an issue at end of 2012 & midway through last season where wages were a little late but that was cleared up.

A certain rider made it publicly known he was owed thousands last year but he forgot to mention he issued the wrong bank details at the time so payments were unable to be made

If the KK deal is dead in the water than can only be a good thing for Leicester. Their are better options (bjerre, zagar) who have proven ability as a number one.

A lucky escape I'd say re: KK. You only have to look at his previous non-Poole clubs to see how much of a let-down he can be at times - left both Coventry and Birmingham under a cloud (as well as Lakeside a few years ago). He seems to be running out of clubs willing to have him in their team -except Poole - bless! And in his testimonial year too! Poole to the rescue.

• Like 3

I have heard strong reports that the Kaprazak deal will not happen due to his Poliish club not allowing him to ride on Saturdays before the Polish league and remember his previous club refusing to give him start permission when riding for Birmingham.

I can see Kenneth Bjerre at Leicester and possibly Danny King

Kind of echoes my post a few pages ago about the Saturday/Poland on Sunday problem and previously about KK being a risk. The stumbling block in the past with KK has been the Polish Federation exerting control over his non-Poland commitments and I am sure that, sooner or later, the issue would have raised its ugly head again.

K.Bjerre isn't fixed up in the UK yet, but wouldnt be surprised if he's playing hardball financially and talking to Lakeside as well, maybe even Birmingham now they seem to have washed all of their dirty laundry in public.

Intersting to know Belle Vue have signed Nicholls - would they be able to accommodate him plus Cook and Zagar?

The Saturday race night is probably also proving problematical with many other possible signings.

Kind of echoes my post a few pages ago about the Saturday/Poland on Sunday problem and previously about KK being a risk. The stumbling block in the past with KK has been the Polish Federation exerting control over his non-Poland commitments and I am sure that, sooner or later, the issue would have raised its ugly head again.

K.Bjerre isn't fixed up in the UK yet, but wouldnt be surprised if he's playing hardball financially and talking to Lakeside as well, maybe even Birmingham now they seem to have washed all of their dirty laundry in public.

Intersting to know Belle Vue have signed Nicholls - would they be able to accommodate him plus Cook and Zagar?

The Saturday race night is probably also proving problematical with many other possible signings.

Sounds like bad planing to me.

• Like 1

I have it on good authority that Cook will be unveiled as a Belle Vue rider 2mrw

• Like 1

I have it on good authority that Cook will be unveiled as a Belle Vue rider 2mrw

I Hope that Leicester in their Elite debut season wont become a team of riders nobody else wants . Surely the most important thing is to put a side together that wins the home matches & keeps the locals flocking in ...