British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Just seen the latest news on Hanson and he has signed for Coventry. So it looks like they must has made their offer before Leicester could.

• Like 1

Leicester and Coventry are looking at race nights due to clashing with the GP's and each other. Heard that one is looking at Wednesdays and the other at Thursdays. There was even a suggestion that Tuesdays were considered which would obviously clash with Sweden

Just seen the latest news on Hanson and he has signed for Coventry. So it looks like they must has made their offer before Leicester could.

or maybe he considered the way riders are treated by their respective promotions and took the decision most current Lions riders appeared to have taken in not wanting to ride for such an #rse.

• Like 1

Are you new to speedway ? or maybe you walk around with your eyes closed , take a look at the clothing people are wearing next time you go to Bp .you will see Coventry , Wolverhampton , Peterborough , Sheffield and Birmingham jackets , that is because some people go to speedway more than once a week and because real speedway supporters like to go to watch speedway at other venues, so if you race on the same night as a team right on your doorstep those supporters will go and watch the team which is the main focus of their support , this means lost revenue . thats why each team gets priortiy over one night in their local area , your eyesight may be jaded enough to think that your team can do without this revenue , but i assure you the promoters don't need to go to specsavers to see that 2 teams 25 miles apart racing on the same night = lost revenue . so they make rules to prevent that happening , wolves have monday coventry and peterborough fri , birmingham Wed . denmark has a large percentage of the riders on tuesday sweden Wed and Poland on sunday . so what does day does that leave ?

No I'm not new to speedway.

There can't be any more than 20-30 people who wear other teams colours at Leicester, and of them there is only a handful from Cov or Peterborough. My argument is, there are a lot of people with young children attend at the weekend. The next generation of supporters. If we go midweek they wouldn't attend and nor would the parents in some cases. I'm sure this number of people missing would outnumber the flocks of non Lions supporters that wouldn't attend. I for one wouldn't be able to attend every mid week match because the kids couldn't come. I must say that my kids love the speedway and have been to lots of away matches with me this season. Both are really disappointed that they won't be able to go during school terms.

If it is such a big problem, we could arrange alternate Friday nights as there will only be EL speedway every fortnight.

I am speaking as a lifelong supporter of the lions from BR to present day. I'm all for Elite League speedway and Friday nights would be perfect.

• Like 1

I for one wouldn't be able to attend every mid week match because the kids couldn't come. I must say that my kids love the speedway and have been to lots of away matches with me this season. Both are really disappointed that they won't be able to go during school terms.

If it is such a big problem, we could arrange alternate Friday nights as there will only be EL speedway every fortnight. I'm all for Elite League speedway and Friday nights would be perfect.

Trouble is that the EL has cut down on fixtures over the last few seasons mainly to make sure that teams could line up with the big names each meeting. With the GP's (12) and SEC (6) plus the WTC (2), thats EIGHTEEN Saturdays where many of the top riders would not be able to race over here on the Friday.

In 2014 tracks are looking at doing more fixtures and not one every now and again which has hit some tracks hard. Therefore any big name will only ride over here if they commit to the season and can fit them in along with Poland and Sweden (+ Denmark). Some like Freddie Lindgren has already said he will be riding in Sweden on two nights and Poland on Sundays along with the GP's and SEC. Therefore he has opted to miss out (to be confirmed) on Britain after 10 loyal seasons at one track.

Leicester look to have Kasprzak lined up for next season who is in the GP's and also Poland on a Sunday but didn't do Sweden in 2013 and therefore has weekdays free to ride over here. Next season there will be very few riders that are willing to do more than three from Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Britain, GP's and the SEC with only Tai Woffinden (not Denmark) and Darcy Ward (not Denmark or SEC) so far saying they want to have that hectic calendar. ..... Must be the MONSTER in them !!

If Leicester switched to Tuesdays (or Wednesdays) then KK would be available and depending on the visiting team having any riders in the Swedish League which may be very few !! .... If there is only Tai and Darcy that this affects then these could be run on weeks Sweden dont ride or a Monday night if Sky are still involved

With Coventry, Wolverhampton, Peterborough, Kings Lynn and Lakeside not too far away, it makes sense to ride in the EL and not ave to travel north of the border or up North again apart from Belle Vue. I wish them well if they do move up as expected as I know a lot of work has gone into the Leicester project for decades and the rise of the club since opening has shown there is a future for speedway in the area. Look forward to visiting when Wolves are there and then onto one of the great curry houses after !

or maybe he considered the way riders are treated by their respective promotions and took the decision most current Lions riders appeared to have taken in not wanting to ride for such an #rse.

In reality, Lions cant offer top flight racing to any rider until they are "allowed" in. As for how riders are treated at Leicester v other promotions, I think its generally recognised that the Lions promotions pays it riders far more promptly than most. If you refer to riders being told their performances are not up to scratch (to put it politely) when results are poor, well I for one think they desrve it - On the other side I have seen plenty of congratulations being given out when things go well. DH is a winner, and most certainly is not a good loser. This I admire. after all show me a good loser & I will show you a loser!

Just reading through a few threads from other teams in the EL and PL. Guess what. They moan about the amount of passing at their tracks. Thought it was just a Leicester thing!

No I'm not new to speedway.

There can't be any more than 20-30 people who wear other teams colours at Leicester, and of them there is only a handful from Cov or Peterborough. My argument is, there are a lot of people with young children attend at the weekend. The next generation of supporters. If we go midweek they wouldn't attend and nor would the parents in some cases. I'm sure this number of people missing would outnumber the flocks of non Lions supporters that wouldn't attend. I for one wouldn't be able to attend every mid week match because the kids couldn't come. I must say that my kids love the speedway and have been to lots of away matches with me this season. Both are really disappointed that they won't be able to go during school terms.

If it is such a big problem, we could arrange alternate Friday nights as there will only be EL speedway every fortnight.

I am speaking as a lifelong supporter of the lions from BR to present day. I'm all for Elite League speedway and Friday nights would be perfect.

Oh , shame about you not being new to speedway as that would at least have gone some way towards explaining your stupid replies , Of course Elite league is only once a fortnight , and guess what ?, there's a reason for that, because all the top riders are away at GP's every other week , maybe Dave Hemsley would agree to run on Gp weeks every other friday , Problem is there won't be anyone to race against because the other teams won't want to come without their top riders who are at the Gp practise .

Surely if you support Leicester you would go to Leicester if you support Cov you would go to Cov what difference does it make?. For the few stragglers who may make their way over to either. With Birmingham - Cov - Wolves - Leicester and to a lesser extent Peterboro being in the same vicinity surely away fans would would make up for that anyway. 5 of the 8 teams don't seem to have GP riders anyway. I would just point out though that I'm not a fan of joining the EL anyway .

Its not the supporters that would complain, the promotion at Cov would be the problem.

Oh , shame about you not being new to speedway as that would at least have gone some way towards explaining your stupid replies , Of course Elite league is only once a fortnight , and guess what ?, there's a reason for that, because all the top riders are away at GP's every other week , maybe Dave Hemsley would agree to run on Gp weeks every other friday , Problem is there won't be anyone to race against because the other teams won't want to come without their top riders who are at the Gp practise .

Why are you such a jerk,the guy had gave a very good response to one of your many STUPID posts,he was spot on with what he said!You make me laugh a few weeks ago you said you were never going to post on the leicester threads again then all of a sudden you delete that post and miraculously like Lazarus reappear with another batch of STUPID posts.........

Why are you such a jerk,the guy had gave a very good response to one of your many STUPID posts,he was spot on with what he said!You make me laugh a few weeks ago you said you were never going to post on the leicester threads again then all of a sudden you delete that post and miraculously like Lazarus reappear with another batch of STUPID posts.........

ever thought of minding your own business , the guy never gave a good response at all . In fact I think he may be equally as stupid as you , although that would take some doing , now go and fill a large bucket of water and soak your head in it for a couple of hours

ever thought of minding your own business , the guy never gave a good response at all . In fact I think he may be equally as stupid as you , although that would take some doing , now go and fill a large bucket of water and soak your head in it for a couple of hours

Ha,mind your own business on a public forum? ......Are you for real?Go back to excluding yourself....but this time make it permanent......hypocrite!

What a horrible man you are. How can anyone come on here and make their points of view, only to be slagged of by a twit like you. You are just what speedway wants! Wa#ker.

What a horrible man you are. How can anyone come on here and make their points of view, only to be slagged of by a twit like you. You are just what speedway wants! Wa#ker.

Edited by oneandtwohalfs

Why dont you and Mrcts start your own Little thread . then you can post whatever you like without having to put any thought into it . and mrcts can continually post nothing of any substance just keep moaning about anyone who posts anything relevant . Happy days all round , we wont need to try and explain the blindingly obvious to you , and you and him can just type out ill thought posts and pat each other on the back ,

In reality, Lions cant offer top flight racing to any rider until they are "allowed" in. As for how riders are treated at Leicester v other promotions, I think its generally recognised that the Lions promotions pays it riders far more promptly than most. If you refer to riders being told their performances are not up to scratch (to put it politely) when results are poor, well I for one think they desrve it - On the other side I have seen plenty of congratulations being given out when things go well. DH is a winner, and most certainly is not a good loser. This I admire. after all show me a good loser & I will show you a loser!

So you're saying Hansen didnt sign for the Lions because they weren't confirmed as an EL team.. I think it was Mcenroe who said it. you cannot be serious.

i'm not going there with the payment thing. Dont know enough about that to say either way and I'm sure you don't either.

I will say ive not seen any evidence that DH is a winner in business though 1valve and that is what we're talking about here. He may have been a winner as a cycle speedway rider but as a businessman i could quite confidently make the case that he looks like a blooming disaster. Leicester look to me in parlous state, irrespective of the fact they are going for the EL. It looks the no gamble 'gamble' last throw of the die to me. They don't even appear willing to see their season ticket holders right, those people being their most loyal supporters. it would be nice if you could add a bit of substance to back up your winner theory beyond the level of him being a successful cycle speedway rider. I'm afraid what you see as the traits of a winner probably equals my view as the traits as an arrogant pr*t ..

Mick.

Edited by volty