British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

Others can judge the likelihood of him getting one however it would be beneficial to Glasgow that he does return and build on last year.

Likelihood is zero. One your work permit expires you have to wait 12 months before you can apply for another.

Its a shame that even with the changes at Glasgow the news on the club still comes out of Edinburgh

SCB is spot on and if you look at it as a neutral you wouldnt expect anything else, you cant have rules bent to suit your own means.

All this is assuming of course that it is correct and hasnt been misinterpreted in some way. If it wasnt applied for though I feel Glasgow should have come out long before now and stated it

• Like 2

So what if his visa wasn't applied for.

There could be many legitimate reasons for this.

Just Minions trying to mix it yet again on this thread as they've got nowt better to gossip about.

Just Minions trying to mix it yet again on this thread as they've got nowt better to gossip about.

Last time I checked this was an open forum ?

If his visa was not applied for , surely Glasgow would know this, ??? Maybe there was a legitimate reason for not applying for a visa (that you need to ride in the uk) for

Then why are they given fans false hope that there is a 50/50 chance of him riding ?

• Like 1

If his visa was not applied for , surely Glasgow would know this, ??? Maybe there was a legitimate reason for not applying for a visa (that you need to ride in the uk) for

Then why are they given fans false hope that there is a 50/50 chance of him riding ?

Not false hope at all whilst we would like Joey back i think i would rather listen to what our promotion are saying in respect to this rather than some gossip that went down at a Monarchs gathering or whatever it was even when they have a get together the main topic seems to be the only show in town .

If he doesn't return shame as it is we move on and replace him with another rider seems to be more off an issue through Edinburgh way than it does through here a case off more interested in what we are doing and if it doesn't suit the agenda they make there own one up to suit to be completely honest if as Mr B say's it came from Harkness why the need to say anything or was it just a case off them Gloating on our mis-givings on the situation as they see it pretty sad really but am i surprised well what do you think.

• Like 1

Who says it's a false hope?

BTW no one saying it's not an open forum.

I'm making an observation about how the forum is being used.

Probably right George but as i said it doesn't suit the agenda so they will spin it to suit there own agenda or to put it another way if what Mr B has said is 100% factual in that one off the main player's in control off british speedway has discussed another clubs possible issue in regard's to his visa it has not shown him up in a very professional light discussing this to his own supporter's about another clubs business

In fact i would go as far to say it is a very serious allegation Mr B has made in light of his senior position within the sport on what was actually said and i would like to think that someone within the hierarchy ask the question on why this was discussed at all when it clearly has nothing to do with them

Or as i also said i think it is more a case of the Gloating being done behind closed doors I hope someone from our promotion are having a look at this as any confidentiality has been betrayed by a senior official and if i was one off the promotion i would be wanting the book thrown at him

Thanks Mr B you may just have opened 2 full can's of worms here.

Edited by Gazc

Probably right George but as i said it doesn't suit the agenda so they will spin it to suit there own agenda or to put it another way if what Mr B has said is 100% factual in that one off the main player's in control off british speedway has discussed another clubs possible issue in regard's to his visa it has not shown him up in a very professional light discussing this to his own supporter's about another clubs business

In fact i would go as far to say it is a very serious allegation Mr B has made in light of his senior position within the sport on what was actually said and i would like to think that someone within the hierarchy ask the question on why this was discussed at all when it clearly has nothing to do with them

Or as i also said i think it is more a case of the Gloating being done and the safrican americaning behind closed doors I hope someone from our promotion are having a look at this as any confidentiality has been betrayed by a senior official and if i was one off the promotion i would be wanting the book thrown at him

A very good and legitimate point Gaz.

If what Mr Blobby has been good enough to share with all of us is true, then I do hope this is taken further and Mr Harkess is held to account.

Its unusual for you and I not to agree george but IF (and it is only if for us really as we dont know) the visa wasnt applied for then there has been a lot of misleading going on as the rules are clear. Even if they didnt realise at first (and lets face it that would be a bit hard to believe given the first rider hit with the new rules was Mason Campton) they must have known pretty soon given all the publicity on visa rules and being open would have been a better option. IF the 'if' is correct

Or as i also said i think it is more a case of the Gloating being done behind closed doors I hope someone from our promotion are having a look at this as any confidentiality has been betrayed by a senior official and if i was one off the promotion i would be wanting the book thrown at him

Thing is, it is not the first time it has happened, there have been countless occassions in the last two seasons alone. I asked why no one complained about it I think it was the start of last season and was told not to be so niave as the person they would have to complain to was...... you guessed it.

Its unusual for you and I not to agree george but IF (and it is only if for us really as we dont know) the visa wasnt applied for then there has been a lot of misleading going on as the rules are clear. Even if they didnt realise at first (and lets face it that would be a bit hard to believe given the first rider hit with the new rules was Mason Campton) they must have known pretty soon given all the publicity on visa rules and being open would have been a better option. IF the 'if' is correct

Thing is, it is not the first time it has happened, there have been countless occassions in the last two seasons alone. I asked why no one complained about it I think it was the start of last season and was told not to be so niave as the person they would have to complain to was...... you guessed it.

Hi Lioness. I didn't see your post before you posted. Mine was aimed at the Minions who'd posts before you.

I think in all of this I'd like to see what comes out eventually rather than take the word of someone on the internet.

Having said that, if it is true, then I think Glasgow should complain .... To Mr Harkess.

It would be interesting to see how he handled that situation.

Complain about what ? Telling the truth ??

Shocking I know

Shocking I know

Wouldn't expect you to say anything else.
  • Like 1

Shocking I know

It is only the truth if you want to believe what has been said by another team's promoter i would rather wait and see what transpires and IF joey is refused his visa then we move on after all it isn't as if it is only Joey that is affected as our nearest would have you believe , If they are so concerned about this did they discuss the situation regarding visas on Alex Davies , Ryan Douglas , Jason Doyle etc no they more than likely didn't because it ain't big bad Glasgow

Last Season when Sam Masters was refused i didn't see anything come from the Glasgow camp or any Gloating being done why was that simply that it didn't concern us and they moved on with Claus Vissing and had a very good season i really cannot for the life off me understand why they feel the need to ridicule almost everything Glasgow.

I have alway's stated on here my admiration for the Edinburgh promotion on how they go about there business on team building etc but if what was said by the senior BSPA official and Edinburgh Promoter is True then they have really went down in my estimation

And i don't know why you seem to be so upset about this you clearly want to believe what has been said which is your perrogative we however are not as naive.

Maybe so Lioness but nobody is untouchable in that if these comments he allegedly made at his own teams get together about us is true then if our promotion wanted to complain about the un-proffesional manner a senior BSPA official acted in public discussing something that let's be honest shouldn't have been discussed at all then as in all walks off life there will be a process that this could be dealt with if true.

Haha love it!!

Nice to see some entertainment in the close season :t:

This truly is silly season, carry on :cheers:

• Like 1

The thing i don't understand is why come out and say that his visa was rejected if not applied for in the first place?