British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Congratulations League Champions Birmingham

If a team containing a top 3 of Ward, Hancock and Majic doesnt win the thing, then there is something wrong with a The Club or the management at Poole. Still Poole do have a hellva reputation for choking when shovlar comes to push.

When Poole do win the thing, It must be a hollow victory for all concerned at Wimborne Road. Maybe Matty will take the trophy to Natwest/Lloyds/HSBC ( fill in the blanks) and show them what his money bought.

• Like 2

Still Poole do have a hellva reputation for choking when shovlar comes to push.

Thank you, that did make me chuckle.

If a team containing a top 3 of Ward, Hancock and Majic doesnt win the thing, then there is something wrong with a The Club or the management at Poole. Still Poole do have a hellva reputation for choking when shovlar comes to push.

When Poole do win the thing, It must be a hollow victory for all concerned at Wimborne Road. Maybe Matty will take the trophy to Natwest/Lloyds/HSBC ( fill in the blanks) and show them what his money bought.

No bank loans needed to put the Poole team together. All money generated from the club itself by Matt Ford and his crew.

And with a likely full house tonight, lots more money to invest over the winter months on next years team.

No bank loans needed to put the Poole team together. All money generated from the club itself by Matt Ford and his crew.

And with a likely full house tonight, lots more money to invest over the winter months on next years team.

3900 people tonight over a regular season is only 150-200 people per meeting. If what I'm told is true Coventry have still got more through the gate than Poole this season, even with your 2 extra pay days.

So basically you are banned but have rejoined under a different name.

Mods need to ban your new name and block your IP address.

Then Spotflux is his friend.

Interesting that you mention Bank Loans. Where in my post did I mention it was the banks money and Not Matty's ? Or is there more to this ? I wonder why you would bring up the subject of borrowed money ?

Edited by semion

and this is clearly a provocative thread to wind up Poole fans,

Clearly. We should find some and ask their opinion.

• Like 1

and this is clearly a provocative thread to wind up Poole fans, Surely this should be deleted?

Not at all, I have said most October's that a play-off to decide the league champions is wrong. It makes no sense at all, and makes the league season somewhat pointless if the best team over the season are not crowned champions. If my thread happens to wind up Shovlar and co, then that is merely a bonus.

The only trouble with your arguement is that the biggest gates of the season are the Elite League Play Offs and finals over two legs. These matches are not raced in the middle of the Summer yet still bring the crowds out. You have to remember that Speedway is a business first and a sport second. I would think that all the teams in the play off's will be well satisfied with this system.and the extra money it brings in.

• Like 1

The only trouble with your arguement is that the biggest gates of the season are the Elite League Play Offs and finals over two legs. These matches are not raced in the middle of the Summer yet still bring the crowds out. You have to remember that Speedway is a business first and a sport second. I would think that all the teams in the play off's will be well satisfied with this system.and the extra money it brings in.

But if the league title went down to the last match of the season you would get big crowds for that too. Otherwise, if we are going to go down these stupid rules, we might as well make the SGP all about racing throughout the season, then the top four can have a one-off race-off to decide the World Champion at the end of the season.

You must live in a complete dream world if you think anyone on here believes for one second that you have any knowledge of Poole's finances and whether or nor they have bank loans. Do seriously expect us to believe Matt Ford tells you anything about the clubs finances ? Dream on.

It would be very unusual if any business in this era of low interest rates did not have a bank loan, but whether Poole Speedway do or don't have a bank loan, you for sure wouldn't be told about it about it.

Steve Shovlar = Walter Mitty Mark II ;)

3900 people tonight over a regular season is only 150-200 people per meeting. If what I'm told is true Coventry have still got more through the gate than Poole this season, even with your 2 extra pay days.

The management obviously didnt predict that then or you would have haf a much better team!

• Like 1

The management obviously didnt predict that then or you would have haf a much better team!

or your lot have lost money but Coventry didnt.

So do you complain about the multi named and banned KKS/MJR/Hougaard Racing Fans etc etc then seeing as you like to take such a moral high ground? :rolleyes:

Aye the morale high ground is a lonely place.