British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Congratulations League Champions Birmingham

or your lot have lost money but Coventry didnt.

Dont think we lost any last night! Coventry should have made a fortune with their cheap team.

Edited by foreverblue

Not at all, I have said most October's that a play-off to decide the league champions is wrong. It makes no sense at all, and makes the league season somewhat pointless if the best team over the season are not crowned champions. If my thread happens to wind up Shovlar and co, then that is merely a bonus.

Sorry to tell you I laughed at this thread. Poole will be Champions this year, crowned next Monday night on TV. Brum runners up.

Poole will be Champions this year, crowned next Monday night on TV. Brum runners up.

And frankly that's all that matters at the end of the day. All these ridiculous comments about the Brummies "morally" being the champions because they finished top of the league table is just plain stupid. In the years when Poole finished top of the league, yet failed to win the play-offs, which team was celebrating after the play-off final? I bet there was not a smile to be found in the Poole pits. Speedway riders are professional sportsmen and having a "good season" is cold comfort if you don't end up champions.

The Brummies have had a fantastic season and have done themselves proud, as the team has performed well above expectation. Unfortunately nerves got the better of them last Monday night when it really mattered. Watching the Sky recording back on Tuesday I could see the nerves on Danny King's face when he was being interviewed before the start. Then JD's tape exclusion in heat one just underlined the fact. From that point it was inevitable that the "big event" superior experience of Greg Hancock and Darcy Ward was going to win out on the night.

The only negative comment I have to make about Poole was that I was surprised to see the awful condition of the track on Monday night. This is Speedway's grand finale event of the year and I would have expected the track to have less of a resemblance to a ploughed field. I cannot understand why the track was so poor, because the weather was not that wet leading upto the final. Still taking nothing away from Poole they were the far better team on Monday.

I will still be hoping for a huge miracle this Monday and believing we just might be able to do it. The good thing about this Brummies team is that they have a team full of racers and won't give up until the end. The only upside of being so far behind is that the pressure will be off the home team, as we will be massive underdogs on the night. Without the nerves I think we should perform a lot better and at least come out winners on the night. We should also see a better prepared track.........

Even so, I expect Poole to be the team celebrating at the end of the night!

Edited by Brummie Boy
  • Like 1

And frankly that's all that matters at the end of the day. All these ridiculous comments about the Brummies "morally" being the champions because they finished top of the league table is just plain stupid. In the years when Poole finished top of the league, yet failed to win the play-offs, which team was celebrating after the play-off final? I bet there was not a smile to be found in the Poole pits. Speedway riders are professional sportsmen and having a "good season" is cold comfort if you don't end up champions.

The Brummies have had a fantastic season and have done themselves proud, as the team has performed well above expectation. Unfortunately nerves got the better of them last Monday night when it really mattered. Watching the Sky recording back on Tuesday I could see the nerves on Danny King's face when he was being interviewed before the start. Then JD's tape exclusion in heat one just underlined the fact. From that point it was inevitable that the "big event" superior experience of Greg Hancock and Darcy Ward was going to win out on the night.

The only negative comment I have to make about Poole was that I was surprised to see the awful condition of the track on Monday night. This is Speedway's grand finale event of the year and I would have expected the track to have less of a resemblance to a ploughed field. I cannot understand why the track was so poor, because the weather was not that wet leading upto the final. Still taking nothing away from Poole they were the far better team on Monday.

I will still be hoping for a huge miracle this Monday and believing we just might be able to do it. The good thing about this Brummies team is that they have a team full of racers and won't give up until the end. The only upside of being so far behind is that the pressure will be off the home team, as we will be massive underdogs on the night. Without the nerves I think we should perform a lot better and at least come out winners on the night. We should also see a better prepared track.........

Hmm..

Jason and Bomber thought the track was fine - as did all the Poole boys!! :t:

Jason and Bomber thought the track was fine - as did all the Poole boys!! :t:

Poole would have won on any track they were so superior.

but come on be honest the track wasnt very good.

poole used to have a good racetrack back in the Mark Loram / Tony Rickardsson years.

dont know whats happened but it isnt a good surface anymore.

• Like 1