British Speedway Forum
TesarRacing

Peterborough V Belle Vue El 11/10/2013

Does anyone have any insight as to likely line-ups? Can't see anything on the official websites.

Not a great idea to have this meeting on an evening that England are playing a world cup qualifier....!

Not a great idea to have this meeting on an evening that England are playing a world cup qualifier....!

Maybe not, but I'm not missing this to watch 22 big girl blouse's on a football pitch.. :D
  • Like 4

I'm not sure I understand why speedway fans are that worried about footie fixtures (Apologies to Flyin Panther - not having a go at you mate, you've just turned over the hornet's nest! :-)) - it's just a little bugbear of mine which I have seen creep into speedway over the years.

There was an Aces fixture not so long back, and all the fans did was whinge about how it coincided with some Premier League game or other. The fixture was subsequently moved!

Onto the meeting - bit of a pointless one really - Panthers to win by 30 -having said all the above, maybe i get now why Flyin Panther wants to watch the footie! :lol:

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars

Maybe not, but I'm not missing this to watch 22 big girl blouse's on a football pitch.. :D

Couldn't agree with you more - but that aside this will definitely affect the attendance.. ;)

I'm not sure I understand why speedway fans are that worried about footie fixtures (Apologies to Flyin Panther - not having a go at you mate, you've just turned over the hornet's nest! :-)) - it's just a little bugbear of mine which I have seen creep into speedway over the years.

There was an Aces fixture not so long back, and all the fans did was whinge about how it coincided with some Premier League game or other. The fixture was subsequently moved!

Onto the meeting - bit of a pointless one really - Panthers to win by 30 -having said all the above, maybe i get now why Flyin Panther wants to watch the footie! :lol:

I won't be watching the footy I'm going to a wedding, but mark my words lots of people will be. ;)

I just want Mr Frost to make a financial success of running and promoting the Panthers :t:

Interestingly when asked about this meeting over the weekend in Torun, Belle Vue Promoter Chris Morton denied all knowledge of it.

Interestingly when asked about this meeting over the weekend in Torun, Belle Vue Promoter Chris Morton denied all knowledge of it.

Hmmmm. From their website:

Belle Vue's postponed away fixtures against Peterborough and Eastbourne have been re-arranged as follows:-

Peterborough v Belle Vue - Friday 11th October

Eastbourne v Belle Vue - Saturday 12th October

Thursday 19th September 2013

Edited by TesarRacing

oops!

So what is normal sized text so that everyone knows and plays along?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

He probably got confused with Sept 9th, certainly didn't want to get involved in a conversation about how that shambles was allowed to take place.

Sums up the state of the Belle Vue promotion - don't seem to know their arses from their elbows these days..

To think that they used to be the Poole of Speedway!(many moons ago!) :t:

• Like 1

Excellent, I want to watch England live so we can reschedule. Surely someone setting up for Sunday's autumn show can crack a water pipe? Not that a water soaked track ever stopped Belle Vue though!

• Like 1

Are we any nearer to knowing the teams for this meeting? Or perhaps Chris Morton knows something we don't.........

Are we any nearer to knowing the teams for this meeting? Or perhaps Chris Morton knows something we don't.........

cupofcoffee is a doubt going by the e.t

cupofcoffee is a doubt going by the e.t

Why? Has he 'gone home'?? :D

• Like 2

END-OF-SEASON FINALE

Tuesday October 08, 2013

peterborough.gif

THERE will be a party atmosphere when Peterborough stage their final meeting of the season this Friday at the Showground.

The Readypower Panthers will host Belle Vue on October 11 (7.30pm), with a packed programme of events on the night to bring the curtain down on an eventful campaign.

Voting slips will be handed out at the entrance gates for supporters to vote for their ‘Rider of the Year’ and there will also be a collection held for the Action for Children charity.

Panthers won’t be holding an end-of-season party this year, but fans can still get to meet the riders for one final time as the club will be hosting the 2013 Rider Awards in the Peterborough Suite at the stadium straight after the meeting against Belle Vue has finished.

The bar will remain open after the match against the Aces and a disco has also been arranged. Entrance will be free when producing a ticket from the earlier match against the Manchester side.

It’s been a mixed season for the Panthers with the club at the foot of the Elite League table in June, but then a stunning run of results saw them finish the campaign with a late push for the play-offs. They narrowly missed out in that quest for post-season action but the ‘feel-good’ factor around the Showground returned and it would be a fitting tribute to the riders’ efforts if there was a big turnout for the awards ceremony.

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.1993.2