British Speedway Forum
TesarRacing

Peterborough V Belle Vue El 11/10/2013

Panthers’ maximum man Buzz gunning for another full house in finale

1517347227.jpg

Krzysztof Buczkowski pictured on his way to a maximum against Coventry back in August.

• by Mark Plummer

Panthers boss Ryan Sullivan hopes maximum machine Krzysztof Buczkowski can help ensure the 2013 season ends in style tomorrow night.

The Polish ace will be bidding for a fourth successive East of England Showground full house when Panthers entertain Belle Vue in their final Elite League outing of the year (7.30pm start).

The 27 year-old has been in stunning form since being drafted back into his parent club as part of a triple change which transformed Panthers from basement boys into a high-class outfit.

Buczkowski’s brilliant Alwalton run began with a 14+1 haul against Lakeside on August 19 and was followed five days later by a 10+2 haul when Panthers roared to a club record 70-20 triumph over Coventry.

And he completed the hat-trick on September 3 when slamming in another 14+1 return in a drubbing of play-off bound Wolverhampton which arrived hours after Panthers had seen their own top-four hopes ended.

Sullivan said: “Krzysztof has been outstanding. He is a joy to watch around the Showground. :t:

“He really loves the place and the track suits him perfectly. He has mastered a lot of different lines.

“He is happy to blast around the boards but has also pulled off some great overtaking moves down the inside.

“Three maximums in a row is a great effort. In the process he has beaten the top riders of each team, including the new world number 1 in the case of Wolverhampton.

“It would be great if he could end the season with another maximum and we’re obviously hoping to go out on a high with a good win.”

Panthers will finish seventh in the final Elite League standings regardless of the result tomorrow, but victory is seen as a must to complete a fine second half of the season.

The meeting will be followed by a bash for supporters in the Peterborough Suite when a number of rider awards will be dished out.

Entrance will be free upon production of a ticket from the earlier meeting.[/font]

http://www.peterboro.../sport/speedway

Edited by Flyin Panther

Excellent, I want to watch England live so we can reschedule. Surely someone setting up for Sunday's autumn show can crack a water pipe? Not that a water soaked track ever stopped Belle Vue though!

Yawn

Weather updates will be muchly appreciated today

Thanks

Weather updates will be muchly appreciated today

Thanks

Dull and damp at the moment. Grey sky and looks like October. Not forecast to improve unfortunately. Will post later, what time you planning on travelling?

Yawn

Good comeback! Certainly know where I stand with Mr Happy!

We have had some rain but was told earlier the track was ok with what fell overnight.

We have had some rain but was told earlier the track was ok with what fell overnight.

They always say the track is ok though Dick. I never listen to reports from the track, only have to look outside. It's slightly brighter now but no breaks in the cloud.

Edited by Crump99

Dull and damp at the moment. Grey sky and looks like October. Not forecast to improve unfortunately. Will post later, what time you planning on travelling?

Good comeback! Certainly know where I stand with Mr Happy!

Leaving at 3. Thanks for the updates guys

If it is on. Then I will be over on back straight. Come say hi. I'll be the kid in the horrible red bobby hat. My girlfriend loves it. NOT. HAHA

They always say the track is ok though Dick. I never listen to reports from the track, only have to look outside. It's slightly brighter now but no breaks in the cloud.

I was told by a friend of mine who I trust completely who was trackside just after 10am that the overnight rain had not hurt the track.

Since then I have heard nothing more but we have had some rain this morning but it's now stopped and brightened up where I live so fingers crossed.

If I was unsure of the information I wouldn't post it.

• Like 1

Mark Plummer who works for the Peterborough Evening Telegraph thinks the meeting will be postponed.

Did he really say that? :o

Twitter @PTMarkPlummer "Need this rain to shift if we are going to get some #speedway tonight #Panthers" ;)

Did he really say that? :o

Twitter @PTMarkPlummer "Need this rain to shift if we are going to get some #speedway tonight #Panthers" ;)

Look at his follow up tweets

Leaving at 3. Thanks for the updates guys

If it is on. Then I will be over on back straight. Come say hi. I'll be the kid in the horrible red bobby hat. My girlfriend loves it. NOT. HAHA

I'll be the kid shouting goal from the sofa, so 2014 hopefully.

Stopped raining atm, windy and dry, relatively bright. Forecast is much the same for the rest of the day with light rain forecast from 7 if it gets here & doesn't blow over. I'm sure that they'll try and get the fixture done and dusted if possible or it would have been called off before lunch.

Edited by Crump99

I'll be the kid shouting goal from the sofa, so 2014 hopefully.

Stopped raining atm, windy and dry, relatively bright. Forecast is much the same for the rest of the day with light rain forecast from 7 if it gets here & doesn't blow over. I'm sure that they'll try and get the fixture done and dusted if possible or it would have been called off before lunch.

Thanks

Let's hope so. Setting off now. Cya'll soon

• Like 1