British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

A British World Champion - Does This Influence Views About One-off World Finals?

Think you mat have missed the sarcasm in Orions post Gustix

• Like 1

I'd personally prefer the GP series to be over less rounds because I think less is more as a fan, every 2 weeks is too much. Of course with BSI holding the rights and wanting to maximise their profit the more rounds for them the better, it's like a league in itself to the riders!

Have other views but I'll keep shtum!

It does seem a shame that we still do not have the world championship as it used to be with qualifying rounds and a final like at Wembley

/Cardiff and alternating with Sweden and Poland. This would be in addition to the Grand Prix. It could end up that the European Championship which we had this year shows that you can have two top competitions at least like many other sports do

If Emil stayed fit, I think it would have been the best ever series.

And Emil Sayfutdinov would more than likely have been crowned Russia's first speedway world champion.

Edited by Guest

And he would more than likely have been crowned Russia's first speedway world champion.

why?

because Tai got injured again?

injuries are part and parcel of the sport.

why?

because Tai got injured again?

injuries are part and parcel of the sport.

I regard Emil Sayfutdinov as the best emerging talent in speedway.

It does seem a shame that we still do not have the world championship as it used to be with qualifying rounds and a final like at Wembley

/Cardiff and alternating with Sweden and Poland. This would be in addition to the Grand Prix. It could end up that the European Championship which we had this year shows that you can have two top competitions at least like many other sports do

Are you seriously advocating TWO world championships? That's how your trend appears to me.

How exactly would a one-off world championship work? How would qualifying be staged and what would be the progression to a one-off world final? I think the sport is too bug these days for such a format to be workable. But other views on the subject would be interesting?

I regard Emil Sayfutdinov as the best emerging talent in speedway.

Are you seriously advocating TWO world championships? That's how your trend appears to me.

How exactly would a one-off world championship work? How would qualifying be staged and what would be the progression to a one-off world final? I think the sport is too bug these days for such a format to be workable. But other views on the subject would be interesting?

Can a rider who has done 5 years in the GP series still be described as emerging?

• Like 3

Can a rider who has done 5 years in the GP series still be described as emerging?

Most likely not. But I still view him as a serious candidate to be a deserved world champion.

Most likely not. But I still view him as a serious candidate to be a deserved world champion.

Agreed and along with Tai, Darcy and the likes of MJJ the future of the GP series looks in good hands.

• Like 2

Agreed and along with Tai, Darcy and the likes of MJJ the future of the GP series looks in good hands.

And just look how much quicker those guys have got since the series has been on Eurosport. Big well done to the guys at Eurosport for giving us a British world champion

Edited by Oldace

And Emil Sayfutdinov would more than likely have been crowned Russia's first speedway world champion.

Stop the series when he got injured... Who was leading?

Niamh

Stop the series when he got injured... Who was leading?

Niamh

Or apply the average race points per completed GP.

Marginally in Emil's favour (If Tai had scored 152 the average would be identical), but how would you factor in the races Tai missed at Cardiff and the points dropped at Stockholm due to riding injured?

For sure it would hasve been a grandstand finish between them.

Niamh

Tai's GP average was 13.40

Emil's was 12.67.

Plus Tai's injuries came in GP's and would have hampered his average through lost points resulting from that.

Totally deserving Wotld champion despite injuries to other conteners. Also, he had the highest average and was leading at the time of Emil's injury.