British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

whats it got to do with my views dont see where you are coming from.

I wanted Birmingham to win. Probably not going to. Sorry if that offends you.

Fine I can live with this as everyone has their own teams.

Just could not understand your second sentence.

Good luck to your Ipswich for next season but hope Barker returns to the Devils. Again a personal view as a Plymouthian

Edited by Sherborne Green
  • Like 1

The rained off meeting is already likely to cost around an extra £5000 to cover now and if it had been put back until next Monday it would have been a further £3000 so yes on this occasion the costs did play a part into the restaging date. Also Sky were looking for some live sport other than football to go up against the football on ITV as there will still be a good number of loyal speedway viewers and also a good number recording to watch back later.

Its good to hear that Flagrag. But reguardless what others say, i still say Sky need to thrash out a deal with the powers that be and the promoters, so Speedway on Sky continues, one way or another..

Edited by Starman2006

The rained off meeting is already likely to cost around an extra £5000 to cover now and if it had been put back until next Monday it would have been a further £3000 so yes on this occasion the costs did play a part into the restaging date. Also Sky were looking for some live sport other than football to go up against the football on ITV as there will still be a good number of loyal speedway viewers and also a good number recording to watch back later.

Like to think everybody in the country will come over to sky for the night as they are so loyal to speedway and the g.ps and always put speedway fans before all other sports........ Maybe not !!!!

It was a shambles on a wet track that got you to the play-offs in the first place!

no it wasnt a shambles. track was perfectly raceable from heat 1. nobody fell off and no gp stars struggled with the conditions.

it was the torrential downpour after heat 10 that caused the problems.

As Shovlar has said no meeting of importance should be run in wet conditions.

I say go ahead with the final and if Poole struggle so be it thats speedway isnt it?

Your right and it shouldn't of been run.

well said foreverblue

Does this not show that some of the contributors to this forum prefer soccer to speedway. Perhaps this is another reason why Sky are not happy with speedway. Fans who are fickle.

Nope, it just proves that speedway is a minority sport, football is and always will be far more popular except for the absolute speedway die hards who probably have no interest in football anyway.

Potentially millions of people, or at least a seven figure sum care about how England do tomorrow, where as only 3-4000 at most care about the outcome of a speedway play off final.

For all the bickering and bitching that goes on within this site you would think the world revolves around this sport, it does not, its small and inconsequential, the winners of the final probably wont even get a mention in the national press.

• Like 2

What an absolute muppet Pearson is.

He's being paid by Sky but he's saying to people "Just watch the first hour of Sky Speedway, and then turn over to a rival channel and watch football"

Wonder if Adrian Chiles will do an advert saying "Why not watch all the Speedway on Sky....you can still catch some of the football second half on ITV afterwards"?

Sssh, we are not allowed to be critical of Pearson on this forum, all his suck-up friends will get the hump.

No - I believe what most people wanted was 'fair play' . Had it not been Poole, the meeting would almost certainly not have gone ahead. As it turned out, all and sundry bent over backwards until the 'right' result had been achieved and another nail had been hammered into the coffin of integrity that is speedway today.

You are talking a load of utter nonsense, man. Poole had no say in whether the match could go ahead at Belle Vue. It was decided by the match officials all within the rules of the SCB just as was the postponement at Perry Barr today.

Edited by hornblower
  • Like 1

Sssh, we are not allowed to be critical of Pearson on this forum, all his suck-up friends will get the hump.

I suck up to nobody but I will challenge people like you seeking to obsessively ram their twisted opinions down everybody else's throats.

A typically moronic posting - paranoid and self-pitying. Get help.

• Like 3

Very interesting comments from Brummies Co-Owner Alan Phillipps who will now miss the rearranged 2nd leg due to a pre-booked holiday!! He seems to be questioning why the covers weren't used??!! Suggesting that its not down to the home (nor presumably the away) promotion??!!

"As a born and bred Brummie, it was very special for me and I was proud to represent you again this year and I'm delighted with the success we achieved. We finished top of the league, no one will ever take that away from us.

"I was so confident that the meeting would go ahead on Monday as I assumed that, as in the semi finals, track covers would automatically be in place to ensure the meeting had the best chance of being on. Sadly, for whatever reason, this was not the case and the meeting was cancelled due to a waterlogged track meaning I am unable to attend the re-staging".

Step forward BSPA/Sky for an explanation............

Edited by Skidder1

What a joke ...the crowd going to be only half of what is was . What a way to end with sky .

• Like 1

I feel sorry for those who had planned to travel to Birmingham and cannot make the rerun. That is what we had last year with the final at Poole.

Luckily the pub I go to has multiple screens and can show the speedway and football so people can watch both.

What a joke ...the crowd going to be only half of what is was . What a way to end with sky .

Why? We have two full coaches and nobody has imformed the club as of yet they can't make the re-run..

You are talking a load of utter nonsense, man. Poole had no say in whether the match could go ahead at Belle Vue. It was decided by the match officials all within the rules of the SCB just as was the postponement at Perry Barr today.

Your wasting your breath mate, honest.

Nope, it just proves that speedway is a minority sport, football is and always will be far more popular except for the absolute speedway die hards who probably have no interest in football anyway.

Potentially millions of people, or at least a seven figure sum care about how England do tomorrow, where as only 3-4000 at most care about the outcome of a speedway play off final.

For all the bickering and bitching that goes on within this site you would think the world revolves around this sport, it does not, its small and inconsequential, the winners of the final probably wont even get a mention in the national press.

Well im not interested in going out my way watching that shower of over paid prima Donna's, if im at home and its on the TV fair enough i may watch it, and im sure theres a fair old few who think the same way

Edited by Starman2006

They may, or may not, have had much say if the BV match occurred. What we did see though was that they had an awful lot of a say in when it finished.

• Like 1

Why? We have two full coaches and nobody has imformed the club as of yet they can't make the re-run..

Why ? England are playing a vital football match ..jesus wake up man
  • Like 1

Why ? England are playing a vital football match ..jesus wake up man

And as i said, not everybody will want to watch that shower of over paid prima donna's..

• Like 2