British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

How old are you? Eight?

Bloody school kid with your childish and imbecilic postings.

nice effort! think you will find I haven't insulted you at all on here! if I don't want to congratulate you as an individual that's my choice. you say don't attack the poster. go back over my posts and find when I have. You don't practice what you preach shows signs of weakness in a man that does. one who if he doesn't like what he reads picks up his bat and ball and runs to the mods.

Congratulations Poole :t: , over the two legs you were the better side and more or less won it with your performance on home shale a week previously. I felt going into the final the momentum was with Poole after they sneaked into the top 4 and the comeback they had in the semi finals against the Robins and it showed.

Even though we fell at the last hurdle, I am so proud of all the Brummies riders this for reaching our first grand final. Its very easy to lose it in a grand final but its not easy to finish top of the pile after 28 league matches, which is what we done and in only our third season in the top flight. Stilll the name of the game is all down to playoffs for the title and well done Poole.

I was a bit disapointed to read on here and elsewhere about air horns in last nights match. I couldnt make it thanks to the very short notice in restaging from Mondays postponment but its alarming to hear of club officals getting a volley of abuse for asking fans to stop using airhorns . There is absolutley no need for it, we cannot have air horns at Perry Barr for ANY match. What happens now if someone, lets say a resident in Nash Square which is a residential road right near the stadium complains to the council. We fought hard to secure the sport in Birmigham , facing many hurdles in the way and that could be undone if complaints are made. People may have been unaware about the policy of Airhorns in the stadium but if anouncements are made and club officals ask people to stop, then they should stop using them!

• Like 3

Bad Loser??

Perhaps he was turning off the boiler in the showers :rofl:

• Like 2

That's strange I could have sworn there is some sort of forum rule about attacking the post and not the poster. I seem to remember some pompous individual lecturing Gavan about it recently. Anyone remember who it was ?

Read my post. Asking someone his age is a question, not an attack. The second part attacks his posts. I called his posts imbecilic and childish, which of course they are.

• Like 1

Anyone know why barker was not there collecting his medal

Had to dash as he managed to get a last minute cancelation seat on a flight to Rome
  • Like 1

Thought maybe he had been sent to Coventry.

• Like 1

Some of the comments on here are out of order, and I hope that those of you that are critical of barker are ashamed of your selves. Only 6 weeks ago he was out for the season and you couldnt re declare a team as out of date by one day. Who shows up and back on the bike but BB, Broken back and all, Strapped and wrapped but up for it and ready to go. He scores points and is still fast then at Newcastle brakes hand 24 hours before Wolves, is it Rider replacement NO he shows again and rides through the pain, wrapped strapped and getting treatment between heats. Still rides and scores, his average is 6.7 and he scored 7 plus so leave him alone, Mr 100% needs time to heal, get the steel work out of his leg and get ready for next year, He did his job admirably. He was one of the first to go shake hands with all the Poole riders in the pits as well, so why dont you go grow a pair or shut up.

• Like 5

The difference between Poole's defeat in 2010 and this year was that the Birmingham Promotion and supporters were gracious and magnanimous in defeat ........................

Were they? I don't think so. The mic man decided to stay completely silent in the presentations. Not an utter, while who ever was in charge of the music blasted out "Money money money" by Abba when Poole were collecting their medals. Bad sportsmanship and sour grapes all rolled into one by the Birmingham Promotion. Enough witnesses to testify this is true.

In fact the back page of todays Bournemouth Echo has a big picture of Matt ford and Darcy Ward, and says, in a great big font, "You Are Jealous!". (aimed at internet trolls)

http://www.bournemou...alous__critics/

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Read my post. Asking someone his age is a question, not an attack. The second part attacks his posts. I called his posts imbecilic and childish, which of course they are.

What's "Bloody school kid"? A term of endearment?

• Like 1

Were they? I don't think so. The mic man decided to stay completely silent in the presentations. Not an utter, while who ever was in charge of the music blasted out "Money money money" by Abba when Poole were collecting their medals. Bad sportsmanship and sour grapes all rolled into one by the Birmingham Promotion. Enough witnesses to testify this is true.

In fact the back page of todays Bournemouth Echo has a big picture of Matt ford and Darcy Ward, and says, in a great big font, "You Are Jealous!". (aimed at internet trolls)

http://www.bournemou...alous__critics/

They're using the jeolousy tag are they? What a surprise!

That's what they'd like to believe as that would be far easier for them to understand.

• Like 2

They're using the jeolousy tag are they? What a surprise!

That's what they'd like to believe as that would be far easier for them to understand.

Because it is simply the truth of the matter. A bad English trait is to critisize dominance and success. Happens all the time with all leaders of sport.

"Anyone but Man Ure etc".

Other clubs need to raise their game to the same level as Poole or the dominance will just continue. And that's with a points limit in place so all teams start level every season.

• Like 2

Anyone know why Barker was not there collecting his medal

He was in the crowd talking to the fans, signing autographs, and so on.

Were they? I don't think so. The mic man decided to stay completely silent in the presentations. Not an utter, while who ever was in charge of the music blasted out "Money money money" by Abba when Poole were collecting their medals.

A master-stroke by whoever thought of that! :rofl:

However, I expect that those of the Poole fans who swore at the officials asking them to stop using air horns were offended. Too bad.

• Like 2

according to Blue Riband programme he must have picked wrong track.

Should have selected the Abba track :rofl: "The winner takes it all!"

• Like 2