British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

there were a few toots on the airhorns but I would think locals would have noticed the fireworks more, i am suprised they were allowed if noise is a problem

• Like 5

No surprise that your usual clan agree with your every post, never surprised there.

Still at least we know you don't care about stipulations required to run speedway at Perry Barr. Bit like your promotions attitude to not carrying about anyone else but themselves ....

And no surprise to see that the Poole obsessed stevebrum puts his "like" on every anti Poole message.

Also clear to see - but again no surprise, he is now in full flow as the stirring, anti Poole mouthpiece on here.

Up the Pirates chaps......Lets hope your winter will be as cheerful as ours. :lol:

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Read my post. Asking someone his age is a question, not an attack. The second part attacks his posts. I called his posts imbecilic and childish, which of course they are.

Oh come on. You were not asking him his age you were asking if he was eight ,when he is clearly an adult. That is attacking the poster not the post. and lowers your own post to a level of childishness you were accusing Gavan of.

Simply describing a post as imbecilic is not attacking the substance of the post. It is name calling. All the more ironic because you are the one that is always on here preaching to the rest of us about how much you pride yourself about never resorting to name calling.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 4

Simple question - as I wasn't able to make Tuesday's rearranged win - is there any signage around PB about the non-use of air horns, or anything else too noisy presumably? Obviously any signage wouldn't need to be where the home fans congregate as they all presumably know about this, but any signs where the away fans are, or is it just left to chance word of mouth on the night amidst all the cheering and applause for the winning team??????

Edited by Skidder1

Oh come on. You were not asking him his age you were asking if he was eight ,when he is clearly an adult. That is attacking the poster not the post. and lowers your own post to a level of childishness you were accusing Gavan of.

Simply describing a post as imbecilic is not attacking the substance of the post. It is name calling. All the more ironic because you are the one that is always on here preaching to the rest of us about how much you pride yourself about never resorting to name calling.

I called his post childish and imbecilic. A fair statement considering the content. Perhaps if he said anything worthwhile other than constantly spewing billious rants at Poole he would get a better response.

They had fireworks on that night? Well, that puts Matt Ford to shame, eh?

Simple question - as I wasn't able to make Tuesday's rearranged win - is there any signage around PB about the non-use of air horns, or anything else too noisy presumably? Obviously any signage wouldn't need to be where the home fans congregate as they all presumably know about this, but any signs where the away fans are, or is it just left to chance word of mouth on the night amidst all the cheering and applause for the winning team??????

If there is I certainly didn't notice it. Perhaps the signs are like those in private car parks. Tucked away so they are not easily spotted and then when someone lets one off the air horn police turn up to rollock you.

Every time I have been down the Brummies this season there has been a notice on the door at the turnstiles pointing out air horns not allowed.

It isn't like most of the Poole fans hadn't been to Perry Barr before id imagine.

It`s the whole `we are Poole, we will do what we want` attitude that most find quite nauseating , and at best totally disrespectful of the hard work and stipulations required to run speedway at Perry Barr.

Even more nauseating is the total lack of an apology for those who were there when air horns were used, the only remarks i have read from Poole fans was they were `sour grapes` for being asked not too.

Is it any wonder some Poole fans get such a hard time with manners like that. Devoid of any need to apologise for their behaviour.

Truth

It's isn't winning that makes Poole disliked (Swindon and Coventry for example are nowhere near as much disliked) it's what people associated with them say and do far too much, be it Middlo and Darcy's mouths 5 seconds ahead of their brains or their "fans" blatant disregard for the rules other clubs have to operate under and foul language and abuse when told to stop.

Your probably right the fireworks were louder, but when dealing with councils and planning laws you have to do it by the book and that means no air horns at Perry Barr, personally I would of ejected them from the stadium when the request to stop was ignored and met with abuse, no occasion is worth putting a clubs future at risk.

If Birmingham have this strict no air horn policy then wouldn't it be a good idea to have some staff at the gate to ensure no one bring in air horns, fans in general don't like being told what to do so you have to enforce it.

No doubt some would then be complaining gate staff have no right to search opposing fans to ensure no one has smuggled one on, there's signs on the gates saying no air horns so fans are trusted to police themselves short of being illiterate.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 1

I called his post childish and imbecilic. A fair statement considering the content. Perhaps if he said anything worthwhile other than constantly spewing billious rants at Poole he would get a better response.

Well Gavan has clearly rattled your cage for you to go into one like that so maybe there is an element of truth in what he says.

Were they? I don't think so. The mic man decided to stay completely silent in the presentations. Not an utter, while who ever was in charge of the music blasted out "Money money money" by Abba when Poole were collecting their medals. Bad sportsmanship and sour grapes all rolled into one by the Birmingham Promotion. Enough witnesses to testify this is true.

In fact the back page of todays Bournemouth Echo has a big picture of Matt ford and Darcy Ward, and says, in a great big font, "You Are Jealous!". (aimed at internet trolls)

http://www.bournemou...alous__critics/

Were they? I don't think so. The mic man decided to stay completely silent in the presentations. Not an utter, while who ever was in charge of the music blasted out "Money money money" by Abba when Poole were collecting their medals. Bad sportsmanship and sour grapes all rolled into one by the Birmingham Promotion. Enough witnesses to testify this is true.

In fact the back page of todays Bournemouth Echo has a big picture of Matt ford and Darcy Ward, and says, in a great big font, "You Are Jealous!". (aimed at internet trolls)

http://www.bournemou...alous__critics/

The Mic man is not connected to Birmingham and was a last minute replacement so why would he have sour grapes? He did congratulate the Poole team over the Mic but got moved out if the way by sky. The music was picked by the guy in the box and was again nothing to do with Birmingham.

Sounds like some on here moaning for moanings sake. I never even noticed the air horns. Too busy enjoying the evening.

Deaf and Dumb then.... :wink:
  • Like 2

So a few people blasted an airhorn? Why didn't the people at the gates stop them from being taken in? i have been to Perry Bar a few times and didn't know they couldn't be used, not that I use one. So how would Poole fans who came up for the final who had never been there before?

The Brum promotion are hardly to lose their licence because a few away fans blasted an airhorn a couple of times at a final. The bigger worry is who is going to finance the club so it can continue in 2014.

And there you have it folks. That's the attitude we have chime to know and expect. We are Poole and will do what we like and stuff the consequences. We didn't know (despite being politely asked several times) so stuff you. Funny how NO OTHER SET OF FANS have ever behaved like this. And that includes the finals that we have been in and lost and includes the visit of Edinburgh winning the league.

And for your information a few horns (not a few but many) blasted occasionally (all bloody night) could indeed have far reaching percussions for us. But that's ok because we are Poole and nothing else maters.

Jealous? Not a bit of it. I think we all need to compete with Poole and we will. Three years in the league and already in a final. It won't be our last and I am sure we will win one and I hope, no I know that our supporters will not behave like this.

• Like 3

Truth

It's isn't winning that makes Poole disliked (Swindon and Coventry for example are nowhere near as much disliked) it's what people associated with them say and do far too much, be it Middlo and Darcy's mouths 5 seconds ahead of their brains or their "fans" blatant disregard for the rules other clubs have to operate under and foul language and abuse when told to stop.

Your probably right the fireworks were louder, but when dealing with councils and planning laws you have to do it by the book and that means no air horns at Perry Barr, personally I would of ejected them from the stadium when the request to stop was ignored and met with abuse, no occasion is worth putting a clubs future at risk.

No doubt some would then be complaining gate staff have no right to search opposing fans to ensure no one has smuggled one on, there's signs on the gates saying no air horns so fans are trusted to police themselves short of being illiterate.

Are there signs? Didn't see any and as it was dark i would be suprised if any away fans noticed the signs, not that i had an air horn.

I don't see anyone would be bothered about being searched, happens everywhere these days.

Edited by foreverblue

It's often mentioned over the PA prior to the first heat, as it was on Tuesday. Maybe not every week, but then we like to assume that the away supporters aren't stupid.

However Tuesday's announcement was met with a blast of air horn, proof enough that at least some people didn't care.