British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

They think it's all over it is now going to be extremely hard for birmingham to pull this off now 21 points is a huge lead in a grand final and it will be the comeback of all comebacks if it happens but I cannot for one minute it will happen and I think this grand final will be over in the quickest time so far ! So COYP put this to bed early as possible 😀

An anticlimax to round off a miserable season.

As a Brummie fan I don;'t think its an anti climax and I dont think its been a miserable season.

I am proud of our lads, they have given us the best season we have ever had. And should (as seems most likely) we lose the final I will console myself with the memory of some great racing. I will congratulate heartily the Pirates, And then hope we come back next year and bite them.

• Like 6

An anticlimax to round off a miserable season.

For Bee's fans yes but for us Pirate fans, It's been a great season.

Watching Hancock return just to win his Elite League medal, That's why watching the Pirates win the league this year will bring ultimate satisfaction.

As a Brummie fan I don;'t think its an anti climax and I dont think its been a miserable season.

I am proud of our lads, they have given us the best season we have ever had. And should (as seems most likely) we lose the final I will console myself with the memory of some great racing. I will congratulate heartily the Pirates, And then hope we come back next year and bite them.

Sorry, I'm writing as a disillusioned Coventry fan. On balance, my best moments of the season have been my half dozen trips to Perry Barr, and you should have good reason to feel proud of what your team have achieved this year.

I did a 12 hr shift today got home for heat 1, was really looking forward to tonight what a disappointment it was.Ok Poole were worthy winners, won easily but i have been going to Poole since 1974 and now i would have to say it is one of my least favourite tracks.Gate positions vital at times god Barker, King, Harris, put there lives on the line bigtime trying everything but for no reward.I would say that track certainly has home track advantage anyway well done to Poole they were terrific tonight.What worries me is that tonight was a exciting/evening an occasion a great crowd but come October onwards theyre still has to be big changes in the sport from the rules! to other issues.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

Well said :t:

Had a feeling Poole's top end power would see them to a big home win. Well done and still a stellar season for Brum however this plays out.

Let's just hope some Brummies fans will turn up I think Birmingham should reduce admission prices with their current financial difficulties.

Let's just hope some Brummies fans will turn up I think Birmingham should reduce admission prices with their current financial difficulties.

Why? Of course they'll turn up, who wouldn't? Even at 60-30 they would on the off chance Darcy and Greg are abducted by aliens at 7.45.

Why? Of course they'll turn up, who wouldn't? Even at 60-30 they would on the off chance Darcy and Greg are abducted by aliens at 7.45.

£20 an adult when the meeting is over I doubt it but I hope I am wrong

Great gesture for the Brum promotion to give £20 to every adult attending !

worth missing Coronation street and Doc Martin. Might even jump over the wall and

enter a second time.

£20 to watch a grand Final thats over, its no wonder Speedway is struggling to attract crowds, especially when you can sit at home or in a Pub to watch it. I really do admire the Birmingham promotion for going out and promoting, but 20 quid is too much.

• Like 1

Loads of Poole fans coming up for this one. Wouldn't miss it for anything. Lets take over the first and second bend and make some noise cheering on the boys to the title!

Loads of Poole fans coming up for this one. Wouldn't miss it for anything. Lets take over the first and second bend and make some noise cheering on the boys to the title!

You won the title back in March