British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Sorry, I'm writing as a disillusioned Coventry fan. On balance, my best moments of the season have been my half dozen trips to Perry Barr, and you should have good reason to feel proud of what your team have achieved this year.

Quite right, the Birmingham club should feel rightly pleased with thier acheivements this season. But you have to ask yourself the question, as a Coventry fan, why were your best moments of the season were watching another club, not your own?

Quite right, the Birmingham club should feel rightly pleased with thier acheivements this season. But you have to ask yourself the question, as a Coventry fan, why were your best moments of the season were watching another club, not your own?

Because I had no confidence in the team selection or management at my club. And so it proved. And the track didn't offer much good racing as our team weren't really 'racers'. Anyway I don't want to hijack a thread about another meeting by talking about my own team's failures. Well done to Brummies. Sadly, the position Poole are in always had such an inevitability about it. Roll on big changes!

Curse of Birmingham number 1 again !

Smolinski has been dog poor since he moved into that position, as was king, Harris, Doyle .

Hardly showing as a 2014 GP star at the moment - looks more like ales dryml !

• Like 1

Will Birmingham refuse to let the fireworks off and take the the champers away,if they lose ? Oh no thats poole who do that. Lol

Hoping for a Birmingham win

For Bee's fans yes but for us Pirate fans, It's been a great season.

Watching Hancock return just to win his Elite League medal, That's why watching the Pirates win the league this year will bring ultimate satisfaction.

shut up you idiot your a peterborough fan. do us all a favour and pee off

• Like 3

Curse of Birmingham number 1 again !

Smolinski has been dog poor since he moved into that position, as was king, Harris, Doyle .

Hardly showing as a 2014 GP star at the moment - looks more like ales dryml !

It's not a curse .. Its called building a team with no genuine number 1!

Smolinski will just be a make up number in the 2014 SGP - waste of a good spot that could have gone to a hard decent hungry youngster..

• Like 1

I thought the Brummie promoter said they had 5 number 1's?

Top end strength V Strength in depth? I think Matt Ford has proved that top end strength is always going to be better.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

I think he was on about Rick Astley
  • Like 6

Will Birmingham refuse to let the fireworks off and take the the champers away,if they lose ? Oh no thats poole who do that. Lol

Hoping for a Birmingham win

With the 2nd leg sponsored by Ford - I bet everyone's relieved that deal was done before last night!!!! :P

Still think the place will be packed out next Monday. Brum fans won't desert their team at the biggest meeting in their clubs history, regardless of whether they secure the title or not. Wasn't Swindon still packed in 2009 when Wolves beat them fairly well in the first leg?

Pirates will also be bringing up a lot of fans. It's the first time since the playoffs started that Poole have to travel to lift the title and many will want to see this happen.

I expect Brum to come back at us hard and show some real fighting spirit. They didn't do themselves any justice last night and were completely blown away by a rampant Poole team. They will want to show everyone why the finished top of the league. A huge crowd will also help ease the well publiced financial burden the Brum club are experiencing and packed terraces will certainly help balance the books and relieve the monetary strain the club have experienced in 2013.

Pack the place out, cheer on the racing, and speedway will be the winner, just as it was last night at Poole.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Why would birmingham fans want to miss a great night of speedway even if they don't win the title it should still be a great race night, thought they were a bit unlucky with doyle's exclusion and a couple of riders off form.

Top end strength V Strength in depth? I think Matt Ford has proved that top end strength is always going to be better.

not really true depends what dross you have backing it up.

Poole had Ward Holder and Magic at the start and couldnt win anything because the rest were poor.

Now you have got decent back up you win matches.

Its how the team is built not just the two big hitters at the top

Wasn't Swindon still packed in 2009 when Wolves beat them fairly well in the first leg?

True, but that was a 16-point margin and Swindon had won the previous month's home league match between the clubs by 12. Plenty of Robins fans would have felt they were still in the tie; I think you will struggle to find many Birmingham supporters of the same persuasion. But I hope (and believe) their fans will turn up in numbers; the team have done them proud this season. Where I think attendance will suffer is among Wolves fans who might have gone along as neutrals for the spectacle had the outcome been in more doubt.

• Like 1

It's not a curse .. Its called building a team with no genuine number 1!

Smolinski will just be a make up number in the 2014 SGP - waste of a good spot that could have gone to a hard decent hungry youngster..

smolinski is the worst number 1 since joe dolce's 'shaddap you face'!

Smolinski is a good rider but if he doesn't make the gate he makes no impact in a race and when he is a GP rider he can't curb crawl for 4 laps.