British Speedway Forum

Sad part is the season is nearly over and this will pretty much be completely forgotten once the new one starts.

But of course by then we will have all the crackpot ideas from the winter BSPA on how to allow Poole to keep their top two to examine and anything positive Tai has brought will not amount to a hill of beans and the price hike and other insane ideas they come up with will even nullify that. :(

• Like 1

Well I've never heard of either of them....and nor it seems have Ladbrokes, since they aren't in the betting. Tai of course is.

Cal Crutchlow hasn't won a world title since 2009 (?) when he was World Supersport champion and Tom Sykes is leading World Superbikes with one round to go, so not the champion yet, that may explain why they're not in the betting. Is Sam Lowes in there? If not he should be.

• Like 1

Ward's interviews are fascinating and the tone of his voice is really interesting.

EH! Ok that's got to be the strangest and most unfathomable comment i've ever seen on these forums lol.

Have to say this interview would have looked much better on Euro sport ... as for putting someone on a question of sport I think it would have to be Chris Harris .

Gee i do hope we would be given subtitles as i know i'm not the only one who can't understand a word that he says. The only person in speedway who rivals him is Neil Middleditch with his 'machine gun speed' speaking.

Breakfast tv video clip (from twitter link) http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p01jgh9t

Cheers for that i had been disappointed there hadn't been any links to it which left me thinking there would be none available anywhere.

Speedway needs a positive image, Not one with tattoo's and a view that speedway is a trash sport.

We need a world champion like Darcy Ward, No tattoo's and speaks articulately.. Ward's interviews are fascinating and the tone of his voice is really interesting.

How far up Dracy Ward are you! His tone of Voice is really quiet intresting haha!

Midlands Today finally getting Tai on the show, no footage but a big plug for the meeting with Wolves next week! Normal questions, the colar bone where hes been and where he has come from.

Also a little well done to the Dudley Heathens winning the National League!

A lil may go a long way!

Middleditch & bomber are like olivier compared to the stephen hawking of speedway gary havelock ,his tone of voice makes me reach for the shot gun. Bloody awful.

I think the BBC might just let Tai in to their final ten of SPOTY just to show how unbiased (cough, cough) they are, but just like Phil Taylor last year he will never be allowed to win. As far as sports are concerned the BBC are about as leftie leaning as Attilla the Hun. Now if Princess Kate could just climb on a horse and canter round the Palace garden, or go for a walk wielding a tennis racket it would be all done and dusted.

I think the BBC might just let Tai in to their final ten of SPOTY just to show how unbiased (cough, cough) they are, but just like Phil Taylor last year he will never be allowed to win. As far as sports are concerned the BBC are about as leftie leaning as Attilla the Hun. Now if Princess Kate could just climb on a horse and canter round the Palace garden, or go for a walk wielding a tennis racket it would be all done and dusted.

There are far more better known British sportsman nationwide than Tai Woffinden who will not get a place. Athletes, yachtsmen, footballer, rugby players, cricketers, golfers, F! driver, motorcycle racers for example.

Can many so called 'sports personalities' show half the dedication and determination that Tai showed this year in winning the World Championship, I think not, however I think the lack of knowledge shown by some of the journalists from the BBC that interviewed him this week sums up his chances of making the top 10 of the SPOTY.

There are far more better known British sportsman nationwide than Tai Woffinden who will not get a place. Athletes, yachtsmen, footballer, rugby players, cricketers, golfers, F! driver, motorcycle racers for example.

But how well known you are is not how it is supposed to be judged. It is supposed to be about how good you are at your chosen sport. It's just that with the BBC some sports are more "chosen" than others. I agree he will not get a place if you mean the top three but I will not be surprised if he is in the top ten. But win it? No. But the BBC will still try very hard to prove they are impartial.

• Like 1

But how well known you are is not how it is supposed to be judged. It is supposed to be about how good you are at your chosen sport. It's just that with the BBC some sports are more "chosen" than others. I agree he will not get a place if you mean the top three but I will not be surprised if he is in the top ten. But win it? No. But the BBC will still try very hard to prove they are impartial.

clutching at very big straws maybe but...

IF the beeb start to give the sport (via Tai) more of a push, could that be down to them getting more involved in covering the sport knowing sky have bailed?

bbc3/4 etc could be ideal for a highlights package of gp or even british speedway..?

more likely gp to be fair as its the professional one, however with moto gp now exclusively on bt sport next season maybe speedway can fill the beeb's motorcycle 'hole' so to speak...

we may dream...

Edited by mikebv

Can many so called 'sports personalities' show half the dedication and determination that Tai showed this year in winning the World Championship, I think not, however I think the lack of knowledge shown by some of the journalists from the BBC that interviewed him this week sums up his chances of making the top 10 of the SPOTY.

One man outside has shown tremendous dedication over the years - Wimbledon tennis victor Andy Murray. Others have too if you care to study their careers.

Edited by Guest

Report here later in the day, perhaps... when the brain's had time to kick in. Isn't too difficult to undertstand, surely. You seem a bright sort... well, compared to the average Eddie fan.

Gustix explained it to me so I am now enlightened

Slightly off topic but I thought worth posting for those who haven't seen it, short video of Tai preparing his bikes and explaining his future plans, filmed in 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq3HnaQDo-M

I had seen it before but forgot all about it, just came across a link to it again on his website http://www.taiwoffinden.com/index.php

He was comfortable with the camera at 17, so no surprise he's a natural with these interviews, it's been said before but the lad is definitely marketable to the masses, if only there were a way..