British Speedway Forum

<p>Yes, we know that JL's point about Beckham being a tattooed world class respected sportsman led to all that drivel from you. What we don't know, is WHY it led to all that claptrap from you.You do inflict this forum with some of the most nonsensical pointless and negative drivel that the forum has ever seen.

And maybe won awards for it? :oops: I wonder what those who post "likes" for me think of that comment? :unsure:

Everywhere you look today you see young people sporting tatoos and piercings, as an over 60 they're not my thing but Speedway isn't short of supporters in my age bracket it's the younger ones we want to attract and the younger generation like them. My Great nepwhew is the same age as Tai and is at Nottingham University studying art, in his spare time he works in a tatoo parlour and has a couple of small ones himself. (Think he's frightened of his Mum to have any more)

If by looking a bit different it gets some people curious about him and the sport then that's all good. His manner and politeness and dedication to his sport should stop anybody thinking he's just a yob with a Tat.

With all due respect to all of the clean cut World Champions of the past none of them ever managed to set the Media world alight so give him a chance.

As for comparison to F1, most of the drivers are corporate puppets when it comes to the media and have to toe the line to keep the sponsors and their team happy, which is one of the reasons Lewis Hamilton quit Maclaren.

Working class lads would not aspire to be F1 champion as they don't have the money or backing but they can see someone like Tai and dream " that could be me".

More power to his (tatooed) elbow. I say

You only have to see the latest movie about James Hunt to see how 'someone a bit different' can be a beacon for the sport that they do...

Was F1 better in those days? Probably as the driver made more of a difference to the success of the car than they do today, however it definitely was more 'on the edge' with the personalities that were around then....

A bit of controversy is never a bad thing and a 'bad boy' image can do wonders if worked to the media well...,

Did someone really post "tai will look weird naked when he is 70 " I would suggest most men with or without tattoos look pretty crap ,weird ,wrinkly naked at 70. Don't worry about it tai just live the dream son most of us would trade places any day.

Did someone really post "tai will look weird naked when he is 70 " I would suggest most men with or without tattoos look pretty crap ,weird ,wrinkly naked at 70. Don't worry about it tai just live the dream son most of us would trade places any day.

I look crap now and I'm only 68 - Oh!! wait a minute. :shock::oops::oops::blink:

I wasn't advocating that you switch your interest to F1. All I wanted to draw attention to is the clean cut way they present themselves off track. They are clean looking and immaculate. As I said presentable and acceptable to the public at large.

Clean looking, immaculate and very, very boring. Whoa hang on, Lewis has 2 earrings!!! I take it back.

:t::)

Thank you for that nw42. :shock::wink::)

Clean looking, immaculate and very, very boring. Whoa hang on, Lewis has 2 earrings!!! I take it back.

Agreed about Lewis Hamilton - but very neat, diamond earrings not two massive objects cut into the lobes. :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Guest

Well, I have two tattoos. So that must make me a person of " low intelligence" then ... :blink: ( I know i'm going to get comments from some about that) :D

I'm 46 now and had them done many years ago,.Why? Because it was a good idea at the time and it was cool even then and I felt ever so slightly rebellious doing it, especially knowing how disgusted my parents would be :D To be fair they are very discreet so you wouldn't know I had them..Do they bother me now? Maybe a bit, because I've grown out of that stage, but they are hidden from public view ( most of the time).

I don't particularly like his tattoos, the ear piercings even less, mainly because there is so much of it - that's just personal taste, he loves them. It's his way of expressing himself, as it is for a lot of people...They see it as 'body art'...Who are we to disagree? In fact, who are we to judge?

But doesn't this subject prove how stuffy and stereotypical some are, when his achievements are over shadowed by his tattoos and a couple of ear piercings!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 3

Well, I have two tattoos. So that must make me a person of " low intelligence" then ... :blink: ( I know i'm going to get comments from some about that) :D

As happens on here a comment starts to get taken out of context. What I said was that "we used to regard people with tatoos as being of low intelligence" not that people who have tattoos are of low intelligence.

As happens on here a comment starts to get taken out of context. What I said was that "we used to regard people with tatoos as being of low intelligence" not that people who have tattoos are of low intelligence.

So what do you regard it as now then. Why bring it up, if you didn't want it used in context?

Agreed about Lewis Hamilton - but very neat, diamond earrings not two massive objects cut into the lobes. :icon_smile_clown:

Probably worth more than all Tai's bikes put together too.

So what do you regard it as now then. Why bring it up, if you didn't want it used in context?

Get real!! I didn't "bring it up again." I was replying to a previous message.

Get real!! I didn't "bring it up again." I was replying to a previous message.

That's not what I said. Why bring it up in the first place if you didn't want it used in context.which is why I commented on it..?

So, are you going to answer my initial question ?

In fairness to Gustix, I have always looked at people with tattoos on display as either threatening or people to keep an eye on. Perhaps unfair, but in my experience, people with them, can be 'trouble'.