Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers future is in serious doubt after a fire burnt down the bar at Ashfiled.

It would appear to be arson and happened between 7-8am this morning.

All furniture including TV's and all bar stock has been destroyed.

Just what we don't need after a terrible season!! :sad:

What a sad state of affairs, I can only assume that there are certain elements around Ashfield who do not like the idea of another season with Speedway!!

Can only hope that no one was around working at the time?

Who owns the ground though the Speedway or the Football club, if it's the latter then unfortunately they would be the ones bearing the cost of repairs not the Speedway club unless of course it's a shared option?

hope this aint another newport

by that i only mean i hope its not the end of glasgow speedway

Terrible, as if they don't have enough problems. Likewise I hope it's not the end of Glasgow.

• Like 1

This is really bad news , just another body blow that sport cant afford to take

Glasgow Tigers future is in serious doubt after a fire burnt down the bar at Ashfiled.

Obviously this isn't good news but I doubt very much this in itself puts the future of Glasgow Speedway in doubt.

If the worst came to the worst, the Glasgow fans would do a sponsored lock-in until the cost of a replacement was covered. :cheers:

Edinburgh unfortunately suffered vandalism twice in September, culprits ages ranged from 7 to 10.

One would presume and hope that it was an electrical fault as at that time it would be very rare indeed for a random arsonist or malicious firebug to strike. I'm presuming safely that it has to be the former option.

Terrible, as if they don't have enough problems. Likewise I hope it's not the end of Glasgow.

Im sure the club will be insured and it will get sorted, but its not good to hear things like that.

A few years ago there was a number acts of "vandalism" but after a bit of intervention from a local it stopped.

Im sure the club will be insured and it will get sorted, but its not good to hear things like that.

Really disappointed to hear this a terrible end to a terrible season. Insured or not the promotion will have to ask themselves if it is worth rebuilding only to allow the scum who burnt it down to have another go. This is not the first act of vandalism at Ashfield over the years (the referees box was destroyed a few years back to name one) and is unlikely to be the last. The same applies to installing an Air/Foam fence why go to the expense only for some idiot to wreck it. They may decide to go on next year or they could decide it would be wiser now to take a year out raise some funds and find a new place to build a track.

Terrible news it was only last month some young kids smashed our hospitality lounges and tried to set it on fire to them as well!

Hope use catch who ever it was. Been a bad couple of months for both scottish clubs with vandalism hope it doesn't happen again.

A great shame. Glasgow Speedway has a great History. Let's just hope it can continue.

One would presume and hope that it was an electrical fault as at that time it would be very rare indeed for a random arsonist or malicious firebug to strike. I'm presuming safely that it has to be the former option.

Just read on Easy Tiger that Craig McCurdy has stated that it was an act of arson and vandalism nothing stolen just mindless destruction Hopefully everyone can rally round and help as much as we can i know i can lay my hands on a plasma or 2 and some bar equipment

The Brain dead morons who carried this out should be strung up by the short & curly'.