British Speedway Forum

B4stards!!

Hope to god this ain't the end for the Weegies

Very sad news, lets hope they catch those responsible, and lets hope that this is not the end of the Tigers the league would be a poorer place without them.,.

Statement on the official site now on saying that the farewell & fence fund meeting on the 20th now in doubt and the promotion taking stock off the situation in what losses they will have and it put's in doubt wether there will be speedway running in Glasgow next season sad day indeed.

Hold up, do they not have such a thing as insurance in Scotland? Seems odd to me...

Edinburgh unfortunately suffered vandalism twice in September, culprits ages ranged from 7 to 10.

Real age or Mental age//.....

Heard in the latter part of the season this very possibly would be Glasgow's last.

Personally I think the promotion put a team out destined to flop, whether Biggart new this pre-season (if he didnt) more fool him. No number one in site no James Grieves two things you associate with Glasgow. Stadium is a complete mess realistically who is going to want to take over Glasgow?

Feel sorry for the fans, I will remember them for the entertaining riders they always had and great champions of 2011

Heard in the latter part of the season this very possibly would be Glasgow's last.

Personally I think the promotion put a team out destined to flop, whether Biggart new this pre-season (if he didnt) more fool him. No number one in site no James Grieves two things you associate with Glasgow. Stadium is a complete mess realistically who is going to want to take over Glasgow?

Feel sorry for the fans, I will remember them for the entertaining riders they always had and great champions of 2011

Why on earth would someone poor money into track modifications and sign riders with the aim for it to flop. One wonders whether some people have any braincells.

Really hope that the Tigers can overcome this and come to the tapes in 2014.

• Like 4

Why on earth would someone poor money into track modifications and sign riders with the aim for it to flop. One wonders whether some people have any braincells.

Really hope that the Tigers can overcome this and come to the tapes in 2014.

So do we just need to cross our fingers that this doesn't P**s of the promotion to the extent where they say why bother and i am sure that bar taking's at away tracks will take a real hit if my brother Paulco doesn't attend i mean Tsunami who will take over his mantle if that were to happen ;)

• Like 1

Just read on Easy Tiger that Craig McCurdy has stated that it was an act of arson and vandalism nothing stolen just mindless destruction Hopefully everyone can rally round and help as much as we can i know i can lay my hands on a plasma or 2 and some bar equipment

The Brain dead morons who carried this out should be strung up by the short & curly'.

Presuming there is a computer in the building (?) there are free webcam software programmes which will with 'motion detection' being set trigger alerts and email or upload to a server as many photographs as you wish of anyone present. Also they can be set for live streaming. You don't even need a high quality webcam or security system. I've helped people get great results just using a standard cheapo analog cctv camera costing a few pounds.

A camera outside for before they gain entry would enable a call to the police to be made and one inside would grab a snap of burglars or vandals. Even in the case of Arson the computer would be clicking or streaming merrily away before it gets engulfed in flames. I don't know the area around Ashfield is it out of hearing of a populated area, not that many people take note of alarms, least of all the Police! Does the stadium have no security at all? or was the fire well ablaze before anyone could respond?

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

The team were not strong enough,

End Off

I think we all guessed that but what has it got to do with the arson attack ?

Presuming there is a computer in the building (?) there are free webcam software programmes which will with 'motion detection' being set trigger alerts and email or upload to a server as many photographs as you wish of anyone present. Also they can be set for live streaming. You don't even need a high quality webcam or security system. I've helped people get great results just using a standard cheapo analog cctv camera costing a few pounds.

A camera outside for before they gain entry would enable a call to the police to be made and one inside would grab a snap of burglars or vandals. Even in the case of Arson the computer would be clicking or streaming merrily away before it gets engulfed in flames. I don't know the area around Ashfield is it out of hearing of a populated area, not that many people take note of alarms, least of all the Police! Does the stadium have no security at all? or was the fire well ablaze before anyone could respond?

Stadium is in a well built up area but the Speedway lease this from the Local junior football team so security is out off budget i would imagine CCTV may be the way forward as long as it is cost effective

• Like 1

I think we all guessed that but what has it got to do with the arson attack ?

Stadium is in a well built up area but the Speedway lease this from the Local junior football team so security is out off budget i would imagine CCTV may be the way forward as long as it is cost effective

I was about to ask the same question..

For the life of me I just don't see how the fire can cause the speedway to be cancelled. We still have toilets at the end of the stand and the hospitality unit could be used for the sale of drink. We didn't have a lounge for a couple of years so I would think we could manage for one meeting and let James have his farewell. :cry:

• Like 2

For the life of me I just don't see how the fire can cause the speedway to be cancelled. We still have toilets at the end of the stand and the hospitality unit could be used for the sale of drink. We didn't have a lounge for a couple of years so I would think we could manage for one meeting and let James have his farewell. :cry:

Something just hasn't been right about 'Glasgow speedway' for a number of weeks now.

The lack of communication and plans for the remaining fixtures only serves to fuel the fires of the scaremongers.

Having said that, the change from regular and fulsome communication to the current one is a concern.

I'm wondering if there is a lack of interest on the promotions part as the season draws to a close.

Or maybe it's damage limitation on the loss making front.

Anyways, James deserves better!

• Like 3

Something just hasn't been right about 'Glasgow speedway' for a number of weeks now.

The lack of communication and plans for the remaining fixtures only serves to fuel the fires of the scaremongers.

Having said that, the change from regular and fulsome communication to the current one is a concern.

I'm wondering if there is a lack of interest on the promotions part as the season draws to a close.

Or maybe it's damage limitation on the loss making front.

Anyways, James deserves better!

:blink:
  • Like 1