British Speedway Forum

A fire in a bar is going to put Glasgow out of the league ...thou it's sad that it's happened surely they should be covered and be able to do the repair work ...most odd to say the least

Really feel for you guys because I know how much work has gone into the new bar and for this to happen is devastating.............

Hoping that it can all be sorted out..............

RP

I've just found the promotions 'Red Alert' email in my Inbox.

Until now, I didn't realise they were the ones claiming this puts the future of the sport in the city in jeopardy.

This stinks to high heaven!

If the future of a club depends on the investment made in a bar area, at a stadium in the Possil area of Glasgow, then WTF were they doing in the first place?

Good God. Even the police dogs walk around Possil in pairs!

Frankly I can't believe that stock and a TV (or was it TVs) is even left in this building overnight.

Gobsmacked!

Gobsmacked that it's taken until now for this to happen!

Sorry Glasgow promotion but you've either been extremely naive or negligent.

Either way, if Red Alert is to be believed, you've put the future of the club in jeopardy ... no one else!!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 4

Edinburgh unfortunately suffered vandalism twice in September, culprits ages ranged from 7 to 10.

In my experience, it's very common that. No Police action can be taken until the children are 11. Therefore it is very common that the group will be larger including older kids but it's only the young un's which take the rap.

Well, there's new Red Alert out today. and it doesn't make good reading.

Forgetting the bar disaster (it was insured, wasn't it?) it looks as though Alun and Gordon have done all they can. Interesting that for the first time, the Red Alert is signed only by the two owners, and the four directors are left off the message.

I haven't had the chance to see the content of the Red Alert but it does sound as if we are looking like having no Glasgow Tigers next season for what it's worth the way i see it is that over the course off the season i have witnessed several people with there self importance more important than the club itself.

People walking about as if they owned the place , people saying i do this or i do that and i want this or i want that and if anyone dared to refuse them something they spit the dummy and resort to name calling if it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Now i was critical earlier in the season but only on the team front the other thing's that were going on was childish and uncalled for but i am wanting to point out that this is not aimed at any off the promotion or directors this was from certain people who yes did help out in various way's but if something did not suit there agenda or if something was refused them they kicked off like a 4 year old refused there jelly tots.

Then the back stabbing began and the name calling also began i am sure if we do not come to tapes these people can hopefully sit down and say i wish i had done this differently or that differently , I may need my tin hat on but you know what i really couldn't give a toss as the Club should alway's have been more important than any individuals ego trip .

Who can blame the Promotion on saying i don't need this S**T when all they were trying to do was increase the clubs profile for years to come but all they got from certain individuals was hassle and grief they were in it to yes make money but also for the love off the club

People need to take a hard look at themselves as you acted like spoilt brats on a nursery outing

Rant Over

• Like 6

I have witnessed several people with there self importance more important than the club itself.

People walking about as if they owned the place , people saying i do this or i do that and i want this or i want that and if anyone dared to refuse them something they spit the dummy and resort to name calling if it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

I thought it was just me thinking this!

I've been tempted several times this season to post something similar on here but have chosen not to. Wish I had now.

It seems like there's more chiefs than Indians at Ashfield on a Sunday nowadays. Too many posers walking about like they're a somebody. The centre green is full of them at times!

• Like 4

Very SAD really. Such a shame. :sad: :sad: :sad:

This would not put Glasgows future the slightest bit in doubt. Looks like the promotion are just looking for an excuse to pull the plug

• Like 2

Well, there's new Red Alert out today. and it doesn't make good reading.

Forgetting the bar disaster (it was insured, wasn't it?) it looks as though Alun and Gordon have done all they can. Interesting that for the first time, the Red Alert is signed only by the two owners, and the four directors are left off the message.

Alun and Gordon own the club. The directors only run the club on their behalf. Having had the day to think about it, its straightforward that Glasgow Speedway does not bring in enough supporters and money to break even. No-one in their right mind would continue to do that year after year. The £50k loss over the season I'm sure includes one off costs such as track fixing and buying the bar area however it is a significant amount. The team needs strengthened next year, particularly a new No 1, thus more money needing spent that is not there. The owners, new and old have tried to bring more people through the turnstiles with negligible success. As our standard of living in this country is constantly being eroded people have less money to spend, something that is acutely noticeable in the Greater Glasgow area, as has the amount of money businesses have available for sponsorship. It just isn't there anymore. The level of excitement and entertainment in speedway has also been declining for 4 or 5 years as laydown machinery is far too fast making gate and go the norm at many tracks, I've witnessed plenty and not just at Glasgow. The PL this year has also had many poor teams built for home wins only, ourselves included, that provide poor racing if any on the road, again ourselves included and there is the added gripe of absent riders aplenty, like Plymouth the previous week minus their 2 Danes everyone wanted to see. All in all it seems the time that Glasgow may have come to their natural end. The new owners have simply prolonged that period for another year. Having digs at them astounds me, the bring a friend issue apart, they took over when no-one else would. The team they built was weak but still lost a fortune. I've more or less accepted that Glasgow Tigers will not appear next year, if they do, I'll be there but can't see it.
  • Like 4

Makes sad reading, always enjoyed and looked forward to my visits to Glasgow with the Brummies. The main stand had a good atmosphere. I would also include Berwick and Edinburgh in the same sentence. :(