British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
high edge

Iow V Mildenhall Kocsf 8/10/13

Once again a meeting result as been changed because a rider as fallen or put the bike down when the other teams riders are on a heat advantage.There as got to be a new rule brought in to stop this happening,its simple if a rider falls causing the heat to be stopped with the opposing team on a 5 -1 or 4- 2 the heat should be awarded.No matter what lap they are on it is happening to often now, i have had it done on my team at least four times this season and some of it as been blatant cheeting we have got to stop it now .

Edited by rider slider
  • Like 2

Which race are you on about?

It happened tonight heat 15 I O W , i dont see why a team should gain a advantage because one of its riders falls off on his own in third or fourth place, when the other team are in a heat advantage position,

• Like 2

as a neutral i don't think last nights incident was a 'tactical lay down'. the track was greasy after the shower prior to the running of heat 15, and nielsen was still down a fair while after the race was stopped. no doubt still feeling the affects of the horrific heat 8 crash involving the unlucky brendan johnson. i reckon that both riders will have a few aches and pains this morning!.

In case anybody gives a ???? it was level after the 2nd leg 90-90.

Replay Sunday @ Mildenhall Tuesday IOW I believe.

Can no one tell us anything.

• Like 1

In the current regime that currently runs Speedway I believe between the pair of them they are both trying to find anybody who has a bike to make up a team.

If this sport had any credibility left maybe the tw@t that co-ordinates the NL should look at the EL whereby teams can cancel meetings ad hoc if they do not have a line up that can win the meeting - daft but true this year and would have some consistency ( totally wrong of course ).

Or have a solution that stops the nonsense that has 1 team with 3 x 3 pointers unattached + an r/r vs another with unattached 3 pointers in the mani body of a team & r/r.

Option 2: Cancel the 2 legs and give it to Dudley - save what has now turned into a complete farce.

Those are the dates shown on the BSPA website. The advantage swung from one team to the other throughout the meeting and with both sides suffering bad luck in various forms it would have been hard on the losers but they do it all again starting Sunday. The Islanders await news on Brendan Johnson who was involved in an awful crash last night and has a suspected broken collarbone. It is hoped the news of the x rays is more positive since the IOW are already down three riders with various injuries. It will be tough if the outcome is decided on rider availability.

In the current regime that currently runs Speedway I believe between the pair of them they are both trying to find anybody who has a bike to make up a team.

If this sport had any credibility left maybe the tw@t that co-ordinates the NL should look at the EL whereby teams can cancel meetings ad hoc if they do not have a line up that can win the meeting - daft but true this year and would have some consistency ( totally wrong of course ).

Or have a solution that stops the nonsense that has 1 team with 3 x 3 pointers unattached + an r/r vs another with unattached 3 pointers in the mani body of a team & r/r.

Option 2: Cancel the 2 legs and give it to Dudley - save what has now turned into a complete farce.---------------

Agree most things are the organisers/promoters/twats (delete as appropriate) fault but the one thing they are not to blame for is the injuries sustained all we can do is wish those riders a speedy recovery.

Edited by seanmuffe
  • Like 1

as a neutral i don't think last nights incident was a 'tactical lay down'. the track was greasy after the shower prior to the running of heat 15, and nielsen was still down a fair while after the race was stopped. no doubt still feeling the affects of the horrific heat 8 crash involving the unlucky brendan johnson. i reckon that both riders will have a few aches and pains this morning!.

Definitely not a tactical laydown because no rider would lay their bike down at that speed if it wasn't necessary to avoid a crash but a 'tactical staydown' maybe. Brendan Johnson cleared the track in heat 1 in more difficult circumstances and from a similar position.

Agree, best wishes to all. Seems to have been a bad season all round on the injury front. Just wonder where the phrase "In the best interest of Speedway" fits into the NL.

Once again a meeting result as been changed because a rider as fallen or put the bike down when the other teams riders are on a heat advantage.There as got to be a new rule brought in to stop this happening,its simple if a rider falls causing the heat to be stopped with the opposing team on a 5 -1 or 4- 2 the heat should be awarded.No matter what lap they are on it is happening to often now, i have had it done on my team at least four times this season and some of it as been blatant cheeting we have got to stop it now .

I suppose having to re run the whole thing again is probably a bit extreme. Did I hear on Sky about 'Golden heats'? Maybe that could have been an option

Part and part of speedway...we get 15min of action and your saying that because a rider falls off on turn three the race should be stopped and award is a little bit short of a joke!

9/10 times you will see the rider doing everything he can to get off the track we did last night at kings lynn and I even saw one of the best lay downs by a very young rider not sure who it was last night to avoid the tumbling Nathan Greaves.

It is anoying and it could be classed as cheating but it happens and thats speedway. You can award a race just because your team has gated well...

Difficult topic but its fine as it is...cause controvsery and discussion and gives us a little more racing!

A question... if it ends up by chance drawn on aggregate again, will there be a run-off... or more replays?

I would like to see the same rule apply in individual meetings as well .