British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

16 Lap Classic . Ipswich 17th October @ 7-30pm

FTG boring dustfest then :lol:

Might have been interested in giving it a look but the field is pretty unappetising and it's getting a bit chilly in the evening for marathon nights so I might not bother.

Can see why not many top class riders would want to hammer their bikes over 16 laps!!

agreed but what were you expecting we arent in the elite anymore!

Barker and Worrall are there. Doyle and Cook declined.

Im going for a shock win in Risager to poodle round the white line for 16 laps

It's the overall highest points scorer that wins the event.

Chris Mills completing the line-up = a popular rider (where popular can also be read as "local & cheap", i.e. Louis worked to a budget and once he had signed up EL big guns Skornicki and Covatti :o, there was not a lot left over).

• Like 1

It's the overall highest points scorer that wins the event.

Chris Mills completing the line-up = a popular rider (where popular can also be read as "local & cheap", i.e. Louis worked to a budget and once he had signed up EL big guns Skornicki and Covatti :o, there was not a lot left over).

i know that im an Ippo fan been to at least 20 16 lappers in my time. Im going for Risager though to accumulate decent points and then do ok in the 16 lapper itself

With no Klindt in the line up, anyone could win this now...

• Like 1

Pretty poor effort from Ippo here. Certainly has a look of "I can't really be ar$ed" from Louis.

Got to admit It does look a bit of a tired effort. I fully appreciate an earlier post saying these days it must be tricky getting riders to do it, but even a couple of talented young newcomers with an eye on next year, would have captured the imagination a little more.

I have always loved the 16 lapper ever since I was a nipper in the 80's, and after another season where my interest has again waned, and not attended many meetings, I had this one down as one meeting I was going to attend.

But alas I'll now be spending the money on a nice meal out with the Mrs instead, and I'll enjoy that more.

I'd probably never had said that a couple of years ago. (Don't tell her I said that Badge :lol: )

Edited by Bloomy
  • Like 1

Pretty poor effort from Ippo here. Certainly has a look of "I can't really be ar$ed" from Louis.

Team A Team B

Barker Skornicki

Covatti Worrall

R/R R/R

Lawson Howarth

Risager Harrison

Compton Doolan

Hawkins Mills

Thats stronger than most PL matches would have so not such a poor field in that context.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

We'll be there as per usual, a bit of a bitter sweet night for us as it will be middle son's last speedway meeting for the forseeable future.

There isn't a lot of difference between that line up and what we have for the star of anglia, both pretty cheap and cheerful. The promotion have obviously given up looking for riders to add to our asset base.

Edited by Baldyman

At least it's a bright, sunny and dry day.

Might be a bit nippy at Foxhall tonight, but shouldn't be any doubt the meeting is going ahead.

There isn't a lot of difference between that line up and what we have for the star of anglia, both pretty cheap and cheerful. The promotion have obviously given up looking for riders to add to our asset base.

I agree it would be good to see a new face or two but would you fly a young scandinavian over ( for example) for a one off meeting that could well be at risk weather wise (thankfully not today as it turns out)

The cost would be high with no likely additional on the attendance.

Im not sure if there are many if any unattached riders touring round for 'second half' rides at present that couldve been included.

The field is a solid PL ( mainly) line up.

• Like 1

Well maybe some of these foreign riders don't want to race here as they would get here on their own. All the riders tonight have been paid to appear too, so I doubt it would have cost much more, if at all.

What a total borefest of a track this is tonight. Also doesn't anyone notice the tapes on the inside go up before the outside, it's so blatantly obvious.

Edited by Baldyman

Well I enjoyed the meeting tonight. A decent balanced line up and one of the best finals I've witnessed for a long time.

Happy Winter folks, and see you all raring to go in March.

PS Nico Covatti has an interesting riding style doesn't he lol.

Oops forgot to add well done to Morten.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 1