British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

16 Lap Classic . Ipswich 17th October @ 7-30pm

Where was Benny Boy?..............no explanation given for his absence? Not even mentioned, any thing going on here that the fans should know about?

Covatti was good value- he certainly didnt hold back! Scornicki showed hehis moments but was far from dominant. He was the only back row rider to make up ground before he conked out.

An interesting rather than exciting night. Well done to Morten - winner because his equipment lasted where no one elses did.

• Like 1

Where was Benny Boy?..............no explanation given for his absence? Not even mentioned, any thing going on here that the fans should know about?

someone posted on another thread that he'd gone on holiday!

agreed but what were you expecting we arent in the elite anymore!

Barker and Worrall are there. Doyle and Cook declined.

Im going for a shock win in Risager to poodle round the white line for 16 laps

if only i was a betting man lol
  • Like 1

Maybe I was watching something else, but I just thought it was boring and whoever had the inside seemed to win, even mills. Let's hope it's not too long before we start hearing news about what's happening next season. I can't believe we have finished so early. I went more or less straight away, did Louis thank everyone for their support this year?

Edited by Baldyman

Ben Barker had a meeting with his sponsors hence his non appearance. I think we might have seen the last of him in Ipswich colours

.. mothercare wanted his to road test a new pram, it also doubles up as a hospital bed with an endless supply of dummy's.
  • Like 1

.. mothercare wanted his to road test a new pram, it also doubles up as a hospital bed with an endless supply of dummy's.

An endless supply of dummy's what?

• Like 1

Something has to be done to try to get the outside line to work as whoever tried it just went backwards.

In the pits after I heard it commented on by a few that it was slicker than any other time this year.

Perhaps just a result of recent weather??? Agree with the comments about those that gave it a go were genrally 'rewarded' with dropping a place!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Where was Benny Boy?..............no explanation given for his absence? Not even mentioned, any thing going on here that the fans should know about? How do you know have you got bionic ears? If you heard anything last night post the name of your ear bloke because he isn't half going to be busy dealing with 500+ appointments.

Maybe I was watching something else, but I just thought it was boring and whoever had the inside seemed to win, even mills. Let's hope it's not too long before we start hearing news about what's happening next season. I can't believe we have finished so early. I went more or less straight away, did Louis thank everyone for their support this year? Be fair too shy to be interviewed unless he was & everyone cocked a deaf one.

Well I imagine I missed it, as would be extremely poor customer relations if the life blood of their business wasn't thanked for their continued support throughout the year.

• Like 1

Well I imagine I missed it, as would be extremely poor customer relations if the life blood of their business wasn't thanked for their continued support throughout the year.

Either way it did not make any difference as the PA system was simply awful and could not be heard properly. We did not even know Ben Barker was not riding until we saw Chris Schraam out on the track

.A very poor meeting. with the inside gates having such a big advantage

I must have been at a different meeting. I absolutely love the 16 lap challenge and thought the final was one of the better ones I've seen. We climbed to the top of the new stand on the third bend to see it from a different viewpoint. The distance between first and last wasn't as strung out as in previous years, and you could keep track of positions easier. The qualifying heats were fairly mundane as usual, but I think every speedway fan should witness at least one 16 lapper as it is so unique. Morten was thrilled with his win, and I was happy for him. But for me Nico Covetti was the star of the show, I doubt he'd seen the track before, but he was great to watch. He suited the Witch very well!!!! I was well entertained as always.

Thats another season done and dusted, for me the best since we dropped down. Sadly ruined by injuries at the final hurdle. I think theres far too much negativity on this thread.

• Like 4

if only i was a betting man lol

Doyle didnt decline he was riding for Somerset not sure about Cook

Sorry Gavan I put this on the wrong thread !