British Speedway Forum
steve povey

Speedway/grasstrack Riders In Home Counties

As I live in Buckinghamshire I have often wondered if there where any current speedway/grasstrack riders in my area.THAT was the reason for the post.

As I live in Buckinghamshire I have often wondered if there where any current speedway/grasstrack riders in my area.THAT was the reason for the post.

Sounds like many of the ones mentioned might now be dead! However, Rye House is in Herts and the one time Milton Keynes track in Bucks. To my knowledge, Beds has never had a track, certainly not in the fairly recent time. I wonder why? I reckon there have been plenty of riders in the past based in Bucks during the MK days and Herts with Rye House, surely? Herts used to have a great grasstrack in Ware, but was stopped due to roman ruins underneath, as I recall.

On 10/14/2013 at 6:51 PM, steve povey said:

Are there any speedway or grasstrack riders based in Herts,Beds or Bucks?

Have you received the answer requested steve povey? From what I see in preceding posts you have not but I could be mistaken?