British Speedway Forum

Just read the SGB round up is it my thinking or does it read like a fair well message from the person involved ? hope not

You ought to read the full release on the BSPA news items - he sounds really disillusioned!!

Just tried to get on the Official Birmingham Web site and it says there is no web site at this address? :unsure:

It was taken down prior to Playoff Semi Final because of demand on the BSPA server. Now it seems the website has been taken down 'Indefinitely' for some reason.There was alot of blame when it was first taken down, and to be honest I couldnt give a rats arse about blaming anyone anymore, I would just like to urge all the parties involved to get the website back and running ASAP.

As for Brum next year, well for me it just seems up in the air at the minute. I think we will run as on the offical twitter page today, there was a competition to win a 2014 season ticket but will there be changes I feel. Whether the owners will continue I have no idea but you would imagine the main empahsis would be on reducing costs should they continue. May be a case of racing at a lower level, but the sport as a whole might be in the same boat if Sky pull out.

Edited by Brummie Kev

It was taken down prior to Playoff Semi Final because of demand on the BSPA server. Now it seems the website has been taken down 'Indefinitely' for some reason.There was alot of blame when it was first taken down, and to be honest I couldnt give a rats arse about blaming anyone anymore, I would just like to urge all the parties involved to get the website back and running ASAP.

There is only 1 party that can allow that to happen. The party that has removed everything meaning nothing can be done about fixing it.

From that I'll let you work out who si to blame for all this mess..... Probably the same party that claimed JavaScript was killing a server!

How big is Birningham's fan base really?

Surely Brum averaged more than Eastbourne,s alleged average home attendance.

Surely Brum averaged more than Eastbourne,s alleged average home attendance.

What are the "guesstiemates" of attendance figures at Birmingham and Eastbourne? I think - but not certain - that 750 average has been mentioned somewhere for Eastbourne, which I find hard to believe. It is so far as I know not official. I would have thought that it would be considerably higher for Birmingham in view of the area's population and the on-track success of the Brummies this season.

What are the "guesstiemates" of attendance figures at Birmingham and Eastbourne? I think - but not certain - that 750 average has been mentioned somewhere for Eastbourne, which I find hard to believe. It is so far as I know not official. I would have thought that it would be considerably higher for Birmingham in view of the area's population and the on-track success of the Brummies this season.

Don't forget there are no rental costs at Arlington

Don't forget there are no rental costs at Arlington

Yes,but to lose £4,300 per meeting(according to Dugard in the Argos)is unsubstanial,wether its rent free or not.

Yes,but to lose £4,300 per meeting(according to Dugard in the Argos)is unsubstanial,wether its rent free or not.

I assume you meant to say unsustainable, because losses of £4k+ per meeting are certainly substantial - particularly as that is WITH the Sky money.

I assume you mean "not unsubstantial" (and I assume you mean "Argus" as well!)

And don't forget there is a business "empire" behind the operation, which I assume is very profitable!

I assume you meant to say unsustainable, because losses of £4k+ per meeting are certainly substantial - particularly as that is WITH the Sky money.

Our replies crossed! There's a big difference between unsustainable and (not) unsubstantial

If he said (or meant to say) unsustainable then that is worrying, certainly

I would like see danny, Jason, Harris, barker and nico back season. Think martin may struggle next year with the GPS (don't reallymwanna say that but I do) and I think its time auty went sum where else.

What about riders for 2014 ?, only one on my potential team sheet for 2014 currently is Covatti as I think he'll get better with experience and would be silly to miss out.

King - as mentioned in another thread, normally reliable but seeing a tendency for him the hit the deck in pressure situations so I have a bit of doubt now.

Barker - would keep but depends how much Horton is prepared to back up his outbursts whether it would be worth our while.

Auty - To be honest I think he's stagnated somewhat this season unfortunately, welded to a low 5.

Smolinski - Largely the reason we got so far this season, but think he got found out later on when people started blocking his runs around the inside of turns 1/2, also can't see him maintaining, let alone improving a low 7 average.

Bomber - same situation as Barker to an extent, but not convinced he'd want to be here if he has a choice anyway.

Doyle - would keep in a heartbeat, but can't believe Swindon would be stupid enough to not recall him.

I assume you mean "not unsubstantial" (and I assume you mean "Argus" as well!)

And don't forget there is a business "empire" behind the operation, which I assume is very profitable!

Our replies crossed! There's a big difference between unsustainable and (not) unsubstantial

If he said (or meant to say) unsustainable then that is worrying, certainly

Sorry yes unsustainable.

Regards "business empire" presume you mean Dugard Tools.Well ive bought some CNC machinery from there,and i can tell you, if the speedway operation is run in the same manner as the engineering company,then the purse strings are about to tighten.