Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

It says in the Mail today that Zmarzlik's contract wont be extended after July 3rd, we all thought that may have been the case but it wont be because Skornicki isnt returning. I am disappointed that it wont be extended, would loved to see him do enough meetings to at least become an asset which may have been a benefit to us further down the road. The signing of Bart should have been done with long term ambition in mind, bearing in mind it takes a while for a rider even with the quality he has to adapt to British tracks. Seems there's none of that at Birmingham

Plenty of ambition but little money to back it up, I guess!!

I meant to say in my post Skornicki isnt returning, Phillips has a rider lined up probably on another short term deal.

Eddie Kennett coming back now he's hit some form??!! :D

Edited by Skidder1

While I'm disappointed to miss out on a potential asset, I can't blame Phillips if we were constantly going to be dictated to by Polish loonies when he may or may not ride.

Eddie Kennett coming back now he's hit some form??!! :D

Thats not funny :P

• Like 1

While I'm disappointed to miss out on a potential asset, I can't blame Phillips if we were constantly going to be dictated to by Polish loonies when he may or may not ride.

Where is your evidence to support the accusation that these are "Polish loonies"? What a stupid and racist thing to say.

Zmarzlik is first and foremost Polish, contracted to Stal Gorzow, and rides under a Polish license. Who the hell are we British to call Poles "loonies" because they look after their own? What right to the British have to expect the Poles to cow-down to us just because it suits us? You talk about the Poles like they are some kind of sub-human species who should be subservient to the British all times. Get real and kick out your delusions of grandeur. In todays world of international speedway, Poland are the dominant force and much as it pains me to say it, but thanks to the BSPA, Britain is very much a third or fourth rate nation now.

• Like 5

So, if it is the case that Adam Skornicki won't, sadly, be fit enough to resume his position in the team and Bartosz Zmarzlik's contract is not being extended, who is the smart money on to join Birmingham?

I see the Brummies have jumped on the Sky Tickets opportunity.. Reduced admission prices right up to 12noon on the day of the home meeting.

Hoping to get some quick cash flow I imagine!!

Having just got back from Poland. Their "looney" ways in promoting certainly pays off, something we should be aspiring too not criticising.

• Like 3

Although Bartosz won't be returning it seems another young Polish rider is coming in to replace Adam Skornicki, I just hope that Birmingham can see the rest of the season out and that a new Promotor can be found to run the club in the long term and secure.

A question to Birmingham fans do you think the club would be better supported in the Premier league and if they could secure Saturday night racing ?

Edited by flagrag

Although Bartosz won't be returning it seems another young Polish rider is coming in to replace Adam Skornicki, I just hope that Birmingham can see the rest of the season out and that a new Promotor can be found to run the club in the long term and secure.

A question to Birmingham fans do you think the club would be better supported in the Premier league and if they could secure Saturday night racing ?

Sure the greyhounds will see sense and give up their most popular race night to accommodate speedway ! Not

Is this young Polish rider going to be making his British League debut?

Hope it's Patryk Dudek or Pawel Przedpelski(take your correction fluid to fill the name in your programme!). :t:

Edited by bluejam

Don't think it will come to that. Have heard that Birmingham will be NL next year, doing a direct swap with Cradley. Pearson & Co will run the Heathens from Perry Barr, as they have a supporter base (even if they don't have a track) capable of sustaining a team in the EL, Alan Philips will have no choice but to sell his EL license at a fire salvage price in order to get some cash back, to make a fist of running in a league that he can afford.

Then Pearson will have his full revenge for getting dumped on by the Brummies management last year when he had to "resign" as press officer. Cradley elevated, probably with Hancock as #1, the Brummies humiliated and relegated to the lowest league. Pearson's revenge will be complete and it will be every Heathens fans dream come true.

I personally would welcome a return to the Pl with open arms, I feel totally disillusioned with this league. The amount of meetings we see where teams are using guests and RR all the time is a joke. Fans when they pay their money want to see two evenly matched sides going at each other, not one sided meetings. Its got so worse this year with the introduction of the draft system, take Paul Starke for example, I read hes missing 14 Brummies away this year, its way too much. It feels like we are going into most away matches of late with depleted sides. You just dont want to see that.

Whether we are for or against the club being in the Elite, its all boils down to enough people coming through the turnstiles to make it pay. The fact is this year our crowd levels at times have not been good enough, some might say its because of where we are in the league and the team we have, I disagree. Last year, the crowds for the first half of the season were poor and that was with a winning team, I reckon it was what lead the club to have the big financial trouble it had. Dropping to the Pl wont get them flocking in but lowering the costs and including the assets we have like , King, Ludvig Lindgren, Nico Covatti and Rusty Harrison might make it a lot more sustainable then what it is now.

• Like 3

The future of Birmingham speedway is in doubt after the promoter Alan Phillips has had enough!

http://www.birmingha...m-could-7323632

http://www.speedwayg...hp?extend.25792

Comments on this new topic for for now.....

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=76901&page=1