British Speedway Forum
skthecat

Are There Any British Premier League Riders, Ability Wise, Who Could Take The "step Up" To The Elite League?

If there are, at poole won't be telling you!! ;)

• Like 1

Obvious one for me would be Lewis Kerr.

Though why anyone would want to step up full time is beyond me.

Would be very disapointed if Ben Barker, Craig Cook or any rider with a 6+ EL average is not riding full time in the Elite League. As there should be more meetings in 2014 with 11 or 12 teams comepting twice home and twice away against ALL teams. I would possibly say any rider with a 5+ average should move up like Auty, Allen, Robson etc or just ride in the PL.

Doubling up should be for younger British riders to encourage them to learn in the PL and try their hand at reserve in the Elite League at reserve. Lewis Kerr, Lewis Blackbird, Ashley Morris etc

Obvious one for me would be Lewis Kerr.

Though why anyone would want to step up full time is beyond me.

It's called ambition and it leads to the Swedish and Polish leagues. It also leads to a good SWC team.
  • Like 1

Having watched Craig Cook all year at BV, he's more than ready. Would love to see him as a fulll BV asset along with young Max Fricke. 3rd place in the ELRC just proves the point.

Congrats to Rory on his wini the ELRC, even though he is a Stretfordian.

Kyle Newman has improved year on year and with top equipment would be very good indeed .

• Like 2

Would be very disapointed if Ben Barker, Craig Cook or any rider with a 6+ EL average is not riding full time in the Elite League. As there should be more meetings in 2014 with 11 or 12 teams comepting twice home and twice away against ALL teams. I would possibly say any rider with a 5+ average should move up like Auty, Allen, Robson etc or just ride in the PL.

Doubling up should be for younger British riders to encourage them to learn in the PL and try their hand at reserve in the Elite League at reserve. Lewis Kerr, Lewis Blackbird, Ashley Morris etc

Ability wise, Barker & Cook should be full time EL riders, I think Barker has said the current setup makes it too difficult to make the EL pay unless you can get some good rides on the continent.

Cameron Heeps could easily hold down an elite league reserve berth

Alex Davies would be decent at reserve.

They might kind of speak the lingo but British they aint! Even if Alex was born in Peterborough.

It's called ambition and it leads to the Swedish and Polish leagues. It also leads to a good SWC team.

I can only agree, some of our young riders just settle too easily for a PL career.

They might kind of speak the lingo but British they aint! Even if Alex was born in Peterborough.

Northampton actually, but you are right, totally forgot he is an Aussie!

Cameron Heeps best be or Mildenhall and Ipswich have some questions to answer. :neutral: