British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
number6

No Spark/ Dyno Change

Ill go for option 2 haha!! and I know a bit but still trying to teach myself so I would say a 4 have stripped down engine before but that was with another rider.

Ill go for option 2 haha!! and I know a bit but still trying to teach myself so I would say a 4 have stripped down engine before but that was with another rider.

Ok lets try this third option . only if you feel confident though .. mark the centre rotor against the outside with a dot of tippex . ( so you dont put the case back !80 out ) remove the case that the electrics are bolted to with the electrics still in place , take the coil off and bolt it though one of the screw holes to the case , stick the case in the vice , and spin the rotor with an electric drill , hold the plug against the case and you should see sparks , (word of advice here , dont take the plug away from the case until the rotor has completely stopped or you get option 2 ) hope you can understand these instructions if anything is not clear , just ask

having plug in plug cap and wife holding it against the engine plate whilst I spin the back wheel

One thing i do know is when it comes to mechanics wives and girlfriends generally dont cut the mustard though far easier on the eye than there male counterparts.

Seems to me the selecta box has gone, the red version is rubbish for jawas, I have scrapped about 4 and 1 of them is new, you can get them repaired for £50 red boxes work 1 day and goes the next day. , disconnect the cut out completely, wack in a new plug and get your selecta re-wired. Then it should fire up no probs.