1. James Sarjeant 7.38

2. Shane Hazelden 4.77

3. David Mason 6.38

4. Chris Schramm 5.68

5. Ben Morley 7.13

6. Connor Coles 3.67

7. Jack Kingston 4.20

Thoughts?

Looking pretty much certain that Boxall will go PL next season, but he could still double up. If not could Simon Lambert be an option as a number 1.

Being a rye house fan, I'm pretty sure Boxall is at Rye next season if the papers are anything to go by. Is there any reason why he cant double up/down with Kent as well. With a 9.56 average lower than his 11.00 from the start of last season so if Kent can get him next season they can build a much stronger team around him.

Im guessing Ben Morley will be in the side next season very solid heat leader in the NL division.

Connor Coles

Adam Kirby

Jack Kingston

should be given another chance from SOME of the performances they put in for the kings last season.

Let's hope the Connor Coles mystery is solved by then? But what about 'new boy' Danny Phillips who the Kings' management was excited about a couple of weeks ago? :neutral:

Edited by Guest

Pay Steve Boxall vast sums of money to stay at Sittingbourne.

Well with the crowds you are getting, I would have thought thats a possibility.

Let's hope the Connor Coles mystery is solved by then? But what about 'new boy' Danny Phillips who the Kings' management was excited about a couple of weeks ago? :neutral:

Is this the same Danny Phillips that signed for Mildenhall ?.

Well with the crowds you are getting, I would have thought thats a possibility.

I'm not a Kent supporter, I don't want him anywhere near Rye House...

I'm not a Kent supporter, I don't want him anywhere near Rye House...

To be honest I dont know about the Rye House goings on, he hasnt let Kent down, and seemed to enjoy his Speedway in the NL, no reason he wont be back there.

Would expect Luke Bowen for Steve Boxall.... With Boxall at Rye House.

Get the feeling other clubs will come if for Jack Kingston big time. As a Lakeside asset Mr Silver holds no sway on where he rides although Jack loved riding for the Kings.

Ben Morley and David Mason (if he does one more year) are certainties, with Ben or Luke also at Rye House.

Connor Coles ? Depends on equipment and can he handle the travel.

As to the rest, depends who Mr Silver thinks can be a Rye House rider in a few years, the Kings are just a feeder club for him.

Unless the leagues change of course and the Kings and Rockets swap.

With Mr Silver telling the Kings PR and website to expect no news now until Spring, you have 4 months of guessing.

I think we are now seeing a reason for Connor Coles non-selection for the now aborted match away at Stoke. My conjecture is that he was dropped to make way for Danny Phillips who Kings seem to regard highly.

Mr Silver's influence at Kent Kings. Early in the season it was said Silver was only "advising" Kent Kings and had no other influence. There were some who doubted that claim and this comment seems to indicate the doubters might just have been right.

As for a "black out" on website comments until near the start of the season. What a way to publicise a club and keep interest in it alive during the close season! :sad:

Edited by Guest

The Rye House influence grew and grew as the season went on, and is getting bigger throughout the offseason.

You have seen a change from a new club with news ideas, like really using social media etc to a club that is run the old way by an old style promotion.

Last year we launched the website, including a version for iPhones and Andriods, social media sites and launched the brand of the Kent Kings.

This year, no news over the winter, and the only quote from Mr Silver about the Kings was given to the Rye House website.

Some of us who wanted to be part of a Kent team for Kent fans have, as you know left the club, I sincerely hope the fans, who want to support THEIR team, a KENT team, and not a Rye House Junior team don't follow.

As Gustix says then Mr Silver came on board people said it was the Raiders in Kent and I was adamant is wasn't because we were assured that was not the case.

Clearly I was wrong, and that's why I, and others, left.

To be fair I don't think Len has much to do with the Kings this year its mostly up to the other bloke the Len was teaching the trade to last season. But as somebody said above with the Kent side using many of the Rye house assets you do feel as it is just a feeder club for Rye House in the PL.

My advice is dont assume anything about Kent Kings or indeed the make up of the National League. ..Speedway is at a crossroad in this country and any thing might happen ....

My advice is dont assume anything about Kent Kings or indeed the make up of the National League. ..Speedway is at a crossroad in this country and any thing might happen ....

Can you be a little more specific in your assumption? They look interesting and certainly worth some debate. :unsure:

Hi Nikko

Although I'm a Heathens fan, I did follow the set up of Kent Kings as a new team, new track (which we aspire to)etc.

I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the social media promotion of the club, I'm sure that all clubs could and should learn from this if we are going to attract a younger fan base. I include the Heathens in this, so although we are pretty good at Facebook, forums etc. either a mobile specific website or mobile apps would take us forward another step.

Edited by tiptonnic

I can see a lot of teams chasing Danny Phillips after his performances guesting for Mildenhall this season.

I can see a lot of teams chasing Danny Phillips after his performances guesting for Mildenhall this season.

Sadly we won't be reading anything about Kings further interest in him on the club website until about next March following a recent edict by them on its use over the next few months. :icon_smile_clown: