1. James Sarjeant 7.38

2. Shane Hazelden 4.77

3. David Mason 6.38

4. Chris Schramm 5.68

5. Ben Morley 7.13

6. Connor Coles 3.67

7. Jack Kingston 4.20

Thoughts?

What about Compton, or have i missed something? He has a new bike so I have big money on him being a massive heat leader for us next season.

Can JK not ride at reserve with that average? He has so much potential but I feel he needs another season around Central Park - the crowd still fear he will fall at any moment (unlike Coles - but he does not have the same skills in my opinion).

We already have a wise head in Mason so why would we want Schramm? I think his bike managed to complete one race from a dozen at CP this season!

Would love Morley to stay but my partner read somewhere that he was off to Australia to ride (not sure if this was permanent).

Surely Bowen will replace Boxall? My god was Boxall awesome for us, but it did feel like we were saying goodbye to him.

How to lose support.

This is supposed to be KENT KINGS - not b*****y Raiders.

Neil knows my views on Mr Silver and Mr Sampford.

VERY VERYSAD,

So you've got a problem with me being a Rye House fan and following Kent at the same time.Len has done a lot for this club whatever you kings fans think of him.

• Like 1

Anyone else see the irony that it's a Rye House logo attached to this thread.

And yes I know it's because it was started by JamesM09 and it's his logo.

So it is. How independent then of Rye House are the Kent Kings.?

How to lose support.

This is supposed to be KENT KINGS - not b*****y Raiders.

Neil knows my views on Mr Silver and Mr Sampford.

VERY VERYSAD,

It is indeed.

Edited by Guest

Would expect Luke Bowen for Steve Boxall.... With Boxall at Rye House.

Get the feeling other clubs will come if for Jack Kingston big time. As a Lakeside asset Mr Silver holds no sway on where he rides although Jack loved riding for the Kings.

Ben Morley and David Mason (if he does one more year) are certainties, with Ben or Luke also at Rye House.

Connor Coles ? Depends on equipment and can he handle the travel.

As to the rest, depends who Mr Silver thinks can be a Rye House rider in a few years, the Kings are just a feeder club for him.

Unless the leagues change of course and the Kings and Rockets swap.

With Mr Silver telling the Kings PR and website to expect no news now until Spring, you have 4 months of guessing.

At the beginning of the season assurances were given that Len Silver was only 'Promotor in mentor' and RH was completely separate from the KK are we to assume that was an untruth now?. It's little wonder people are sceptical.

At the beginning of the season assurances were given that Len Silver was only 'Promotor in mentor' and RH was completely separate from the KK are we to assume that was an untruth now?. It's little wonder people are sceptical.

That's a viewpoint to which I now also subscribe. Certainly the situation needs some clarification.

Edited by Guest

That's for people to decide.

As is public knowledge, the Rye House promotion became more and more involved as the season progressed.

At the start of the season it was Mr Silver and John Sampford from Rye House.

Then it became Mr Silver, John and Mr Silvers ex wife and fellow promoter Hazel Naylor.

By the end of the season it was Mr Silver, John, Mrs Naylor plus 2 of their Rye House staff.

Now the only announcement about the Kent Kings next season has appeared on the Rye House website.

I know people will say I'm stirring, I'm not, I am a Kent Kings fan and always will be.

Lets be honest Nikko, up until recently, you were probably as much aware as anyone until recently, of most of the goings on down at Kent Kings. So i for one, read with great interest what you have to write, and its apparent to all, that The promotion at Kent, do not want to utilise social media, whereas you did, and obviously your position became untenable.

That's one reason, I wanted to bring speedway into the new world, social media, stuff for the kids, and great exposure for the sponsors.

One thing I, and the people I worked with, made sure was that nothing went out that was private.

I joined the club to promote the Kent Kings, to help Roger Cearns fulfil his dream and bring a team back to Kent. I also wanted to bring speedway kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

As the season went on, in my mind, that changed and it became the Raiders at Kent and the promotion didn't want to carry on with the new way of promoting.

It's back to the old school way of promoting.

I want nothing more than league speedway in Kent and will also support the Kings.

I look forward to seeing the 7 riders who will wear the Kings Racejackets in 2014, which is after all what this thread is about.

Edited by Nikko

That's one reason, I wanted to bring speedway into the new world, social media, stuff for the kids, and great exposure for the sponsors.

One thing I, and the people I worked with, made sure was that nothing went out that was private.

I joined the club to promote the Kent Kings, to help Roger Cearns fulfil his dream and bring a team back to Kent. I also wanted to bring speedway kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

As the season went on, in my mind, that changed and it became the Raiders at Kent and the promotion didn't want to carry on with the new way of promoting.

It's back to the old school way of promoting.

I want nothing more than league speedway in Kent and will also support the Kings.

I look forward to seeing the 7 riders who will wear the Kings Racejackets in 2014, which is after all what this thread is about.

What does Mr Cearns think/say about this ?It is HIS club,HE wanted KENT KINGS to take to the track.Why has Mr Silver seem to have taken over,and his crew?We all know Mr Silver wants to do it all,but this I just ridiculous.Why can`t he just s*d of back to Rye House,and take his crew with him.

Edited by AJ is King

That's for people to decide.

People are deciding....with their feet not just at RH but all over. I hope it is a success after all the work that went into promoting it and getting it ready. Hope you enjoy your speedway :-)

Could Simon Lambert be a shout for a number 1. for the Kings next season after his victory in The Kent Laurels this season. As he only has a low average in the PL 3.00-4.00, also will score plenty of points in the NL division.

Or

Boxall

Bowen to double up assuming they are both in the rockets side next season.

Don't want to get involved in all this slagging off of people.The main things are Kent Kings finally got going and regardless of the avatar heading this thread it does seem as if the first season was a reasonable success as there will be a second season.I hope it is onwards and upwards whoever is making the decisions

• Like 1

I am getting a bit fed up with the continual slagging off of Len Silver and any one connected to Rye House ..With out Len i doubt Kent Kings would have got off the ground, he has put in a huge amount of work at the track ,maybe im wrong but i was there vertually every week and i did not see much of Mr Cearns.. Who got Boxall out of retirement ,helped with his machinary ,,supplied the top end riders for the team ,after everyone else of any standard had been snapped up by other teams ,81 yr old Len Silver thats who.. He may be old school, and is his own man ,,does things his way ,, But I have known Len for 30 yrs and he is the most experienced person in British Speedway as a rider ,promoter, England team manager ,track curator ( inc world finals) Has a wonderfull reputation as being straight and honest (His riders dont have to worry if they are going to get paid on time ) ,..What Len has achieved in his lifetime in Speedway few can equal,

Edited by waco
  • Like 7

1. ????

2. Jack Kingston

3. Brendan Johnson

4. Benji Compton

5. Ben Morley

6. Adam Kirby

7. Connor Coles

David Mason i would have him in the team but think he may pack up.