British Speedway Forum
JamesM09

Kent Kings 2014

Question for Kings fans, you want to win something in 2015, if you had to choose between Mason or Hopwood who would you choose, Hopwood is a Rye asset.

before i answer this question, can i ask you why you have chosen Mason?

Lesson 1. If you are promoting a track with a 2 hour curfew make sure all involved do their best to complete the promised no. of heats. It might mean the difference between punters returning or not.

Give a thought to the incidents that occurred, normally time is based on a turn around of five minutes per heat, given the referee puts the two minute warning on. The fact that r/r's caused delays impacted on the aforementioned incidents. If you are a regular attendee surely you would be appreciative of how the curfew impacts on meetings. If you feel so inclined have a word with Len informing him as to how the meetings can be hastened. I would like to witness the conversation.

I chose Mason because of his away form, or lack of it, for me it needs your 3 heat leaders to be able to score consistently away from home, and your reserves to be able to outscore the opposite numbers at home, and hold their own away.

Masons average is only going to get slowly lower, age is against him now, Baseby I'm not convinced by, he has been around for a number of years now.

Personally I would rebuild the team with Lambert as No1, then go from there, financially you should be able to compete with all other teams in the Nl.

Lesson 1. If you are promoting a track with a 2 hour curfew make sure all involved do their best to complete the promised no. of heats. It might mean the difference between punters returning or not.

Give a thought to the incidents that occurred, normally time is based on a turn around of five minutes per heat, given the referee puts the two minute warning on. The fact that r/r's caused delays impacted on the aforementioned incidents. If you are a regular attendee surely you would be appreciative of how the curfew impacts on meetings. If you feel so inclined have a word with Len informing him as to how the meetings can be hastened. I would like to witness the conversation.

I think it would be good to build the team around Simon next season, but ben should be included as well to form a strong top 2. Although he has had a dip in form lately he has made progress since last season and will do next. Even our world champion has had a dip in form and has come back stronger. Agree, David's away form hampers the team.

Well for starters..Don't send the water cart out between heats 4 and 5 when no rider has 2 on the trot. Do inform the referee's box of R/R changes more quickly. Do get the riders out more quickly for heats..it can be done since from heat 11-14 that is precisely what happenned. Do tell the ref that your paying public expect to see 15 heats of racing so tell him to use the 2 mnute warning promptly. Given the above though I still I lay the blame 80% at the hands of the referee...he is running a 3rd tier meeting so can expect more restarts than at higher levels; he knows there's a curfew so be clever and move things on...so so so frustrating..

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 4

Agree 100% with Mike Butler ,,The ref was the main cause of the meeting not being completed,, how many more punters do the club lose because of this,,,,,. in these cases he should be fined as he is harming the clubs business by incompetence... And mondays excuses dont stand up the meeting could and should have been completed ..

• Like 1

Not completing could of a cost team a point aswell. Very unlikely a 5-1 in heat 15 but u never know.

The Cradley reserves cost the team a point by throwing away an easy 5-0.

Don't know if this has been raised already in this post, but it is so important that I thought I'd risk repeating it. In March this year, Kent Kings submitted an application to Swale Borough Council, to run 23 races per meeting on six days per season, to permit more prestigious international meetings and championship events. Anyone can access copies of the documentation on the Council website but, more crucially, you can also support the Application on the website too. Please don't be put off by the fact that it's online; navigation is simple, so is locating the documents and reading them, and leaving your own Supporting Comments. Here's what you do:

1. Search for Swale Borough Council
  2. In the search results, under the main entry, click on the 'Planning' link
  3. Under 'Search or comment on an Application', click on 'Search UK Planning up to 19 May 2014'
  4. Enter SW/14/0087 in the 'Application Number' box and click 'Search'

This will take you to the Application mentioned above:

• You can see the actual Application at '18 Mar 2014 Application Form'
  • The 'Objections' and 'Supporting Comments' are there for you to read; these might give you a guide as to the types of comments which supporters hope will sway the authorities
  • Click on '> Comment on an Application' to leave your own submission.

The whole process should take less than 10 minutes to complete, once you've decided on the form of words you want to use. Please take the time to throw your weight behind our club. Finally, please spread the word among as many like-minded friends, colleagues, and family members as you can get your hands on. Oh, and by the way, BLOW YOUR WHISTLE! (Sorry for the caps).

Well for starters..Don't send the water cart out between heats 4 and 5 when no rider has 2 on the trot. Do inform the referee's box of R/R changes more quickly. Do get the riders out more quickly for heats..it can be done since from heat 11-14 that is precisely what happenned. Do tell the ref that your paying public expect to see 15 heats of racing so tell him to use the 2 mnute warning promptly. Given the above though I still I lay the blame 80% at the hands of the referee...he is running a 3rd tier meeting so can expect more restarts than at higher levels; he knows there's a curfew so be clever and move things on...so so so frustrating..

Mike, the Referees are all aware of the curfew and the riders are asked not to take too much time at the start. With the best will in the world things still go awry. We can all blame others, very easy to do, harder to get the full 15 heats in sometimes. Fully understand that you pay good money and want a full meeting, so do I, otherwise why have a 15 heat meeting?